Account Banned

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Udape, Mar 3, 2018.

1. Udape New Member

Seriously Daybreak..

Anyone ells Account Got banned for changing There password by any chance

As last night i was on it all night. went to work come home and Been banned
  2. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I'm dubious that a password change is the issue. DBG sends you an email explaining why you're banned, check your Trash and Junk Mail folders for it.
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

If you find nothing in your email, send a private message to Roxxlyy, perhaps she can put you in touch with somebody that can assist you.
    Rosyposy and Sigrdrifa like this.
  4. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Make an alternate Daybreak account and put a ticket in to inquire about your original account with help.daybreakgames.com. They should be able to help you out - I don't know the extent of what happened here, but it sounds a bit unusual.
    Rosyposy and Sigrdrifa like this.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Thank you Roxxlyy.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Cooper New Member

The same thing happened to me. I was told to change my password and now my account is
    banned.
  7. Seni Active Member

What do you mean, you were "told" to change your password? Did you get an email saying so, and did you click a link in that email?
  8. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You'll want to do as Roxxlyy suggested above, then.
  9. Mucko Member

My account is banned today too, even ones I haven't used in ages. I never got any message saying change my password prior to this.
  10. Stranovich New Member

Good Morning,
    I too would like to chime in on this. About a year ago, my account of over 12 years was banned for apparently stealing from a guild. I had just come back to play after taking sometime off and apparently after a few months of playing, I got an email that said my account was banned welcome to drundar etc... So I put in a request and talked with people on drundar and here. All I got was a notice that once your account is banned, it can't be undone. I had no idea what had happened or why. I also sent in all of the files requested and I still didn't hear back. It was really weird. I had no complaints ever before this. I had also requested that my complaint be taken up the chain a bit as I wasn't getting any answers and I was doing everything to assist with this. It just happened out of the blue and no one would tell me what was going on. Here I am on a new account that is going on almost a year and I have had no issues so far. Also upon being sent to the prison server, I lost over half of my stuff and also some of my houses. Some of the stuff was irreplaceable that I had paid with cash such as the Japanese memorial earthquake statue. Thank you for taking the time to read this and I hope a developer or someone will take a moment to help sort this out.
  11. Boli Active Member

Apparently I am banned as well? - on *both* accounts - one rarely used; never received any email either

I suspect something is wrong with the database/login procedure. (The only thing I may be *close* to breaking as far as banning is concerned is I have to play through WINE on Ubuntu. but seeing how this thread is pretty recent I suspect not.
  12. kalabron New Member

I am banned too. I logged in fine earlier this morning. What the heck? I didn't change my password
  13. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Heya, none of the devs on the forums (or community people like myself) have the power to ban/unban players in-game or look into these cases. The best way to take care of any issues that spring up with your account is always to submit a ticket to CS at help.daybreakgames.com. I'm sorry for your experience, and you're welcome to contact CS to give it another go, but if this occurred over a year ago I'm not sure how that might affect things.
  14. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Also, there may be an issue with VPNs affecting player's abilities to log-in; if you're using one, you might want to try logging in with it disabled. Aside from that, I'll try to find out if something changed on our end this morning, but feel free to submit a ticket with CS to get things cleared up.
  15. Viksen New Member

I'm experiencing the same thing. I've also had my account for years. I haven't been on in months...logged on in March. The game was laggy so I paid the guild upkeep and logged off. I tried logging on today and got a "you've been banned" message at the log in window. I then tried my kid's accounts and husbands...and I get the same message for all of them (a total of six). This smells not right! I have submitted a ticket but, haven't received a reply yet.
  16. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

Turned off my vpn which I've been using for ages and was able to get back in. When I asked years ago was told they were ok to use. How hard is it to put a msg saying vpn connections no longer allowed instead of just "Account Banned".
  17. Firstbloodd New Member

Not at all happy about the VPN issue. Logging in with my VPN disabled feels like standing out in the open with my pants down around my ankles. It wouldn't be as big a deal if all I used my computer for was to play EQ2.
  18. Typhon Member

I've just had the same issue. But I play EQ2 on Linux (using WINE/Lutris) and I suspect the automated systems are wrongly interpreting this as me doing something dodgy when I'm not.

I've put in a support ticket.
  19. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Trying to pinpoint exactly why this is happening - we have people looking into the issue.
    Firstbloodd likes this.
  20. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Update: This issue is in fact directly related to the use of some VPNs, but the blocks/bans are not intentional. The team has figured out why it's happening and is currently looking into how to resolve it.

Also, I do appreciate the reports this morning - between the posts here and the messages on Discord, we were able to pinpoint the source of the problem fairly quickly. Thank you for that!
    Rosyposy, Juraiya and Firstbloodd like this.