Creatures protected by Planar Defense can no longer...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleurs, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Earar Well-Known Member

not all zones/not all mobs

gears goes quite fast, fire zones are more scripted anyway
  2. tbankert New Member

I just ran through the solo weekly and it didn't appear to have any effect on how quickly the mobs died, have not ran through heroics since the change though so that's probably a different story. And mind you the toon I ran with was an alt with only about 64k pot. He does have his epic and has finished all the factions though and some pretty decent hand me down gear from running heroics and raid on my tank and main.
    Gninja likes this.
  3. Dracosy New Member

A Guildie and I jsut tried to do Infested Mesa. I'm a SK in Fable and MC tank gear, 33k + Mit, 41% Hate mod, 37k Pot. He's a Mystic in MC gear and PoP crap jewelry. took us 45 minutes to get to first mob, then spent another 23 minutes trying to take down the first name(wich we gave up). Oh and some how he was able to keep agro the whole time and i used every agro ability and still couldn't pull agro off him. So ya, I'm going with DB some how screwed things up with this update
  4. Gninja Developer

I would suspect it would take a while to get through those protection buffs with only two people especially if they aren't classes that typically hit fast and often. With 6 players in the group, it should fall off in seconds.
  5. Jhen Ro Active Member

Was it Infested Mesa -Duo- or -Event Heroic-?

With those stats, I would assume duo.
  6. Dracosy New Member

Yes, was Duo, did Torden LAst night with another guidlie and we didn't have 1/3 of the trouble with that one as we did with Mesa
  7. Gninja Developer

If you get a chance drop a private message to Chrol about it and he can check it out. He worked on that zone.
  8. EmJay Well-Known Member

The zone I referred to was masks of the marvelous solo. Each named reacted the same way as I described except for the last named.. it was unnoticeable because of the script which made the named bend over for you to turn the key
  9. Kalika Well-Known Member

This game is getting hilarious, i remember once or twice running adv. solo with a partner (a returning guardian with no gear) but 95% of the time people ran tham solo ...

33mn fight was it a hard mode raid ? .. laughing ....

And well your duo was still geared, they really closed the door to returning players (since adv solo is how you get equiped for heroic) and they are now pushing out the last who still play.

"Our supermarket will be closing in 15mn, please move out".
  10. Mermut Well-Known Member

This expacs the duo zones aren't advanced solos.. They take longer then both solos and heroics and give gear that is only marginally better then solo gear. The only reason I can see to run the duos is to get the shinies if you're going for the neck.
    The time vs reward isn't worth it for anything else.
    Dude, CoLD MeTaL, Quillyne and 2 others like this.
  11. Nkito Well-Known Member

If it's mainly an issue with not getting quest updates when one shotting there really just needs to be one stoneskin. A planar energy protecting pop named at the beginning should be enough in itself to allow quest updates. This also works to offset people frontloading damage as well as allowing time for scripts to start.

After that initial skin if people can outburn the script please just let them. (Oh, and please less scripts that stoneskin every X%) Actually, would it break anything to also remove the max dmg per attack cap?
    Mermut likes this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

20 hits of nobody can damage the mob is a pita for healer aggro...
    When the mob can't take damage, guess who the named mobs hate? And the healer deagg doesn't help because the dps isn't even on the hate list to dump TO :S
    Juraiya, Castegyre, Tekka and 2 others like this.
  13. Fleurs Active Member

At least they removed fighter requirement for now, otherwise, the healer would be auto-killed. :rolleyes:
  14. Nighon New Member

So now we cant pull named mobs with our pets because they cant do any damage and just stand there at the foot of the named is this intended certainly takes the fun out of playing a pet class after 14 years
  15. Porrum Member

No. Pets being unable to pull was unintended and they're looking into a fix.
    Meneltel likes this.
  16. Chrol Developer

I checked the encounters in Infested Mesa duo and didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Perhaps your Fount of Power buff was removed?
  17. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Congrats healers, you are now tanks!
    Juraiya, Mindsway, Mizgamer62 and 2 others like this.
  18. slica Active Member

Think it’s just the adds having the stone skins an op using its higher dmging skills to blow through it instead of using weaker ones, but with their potency it’s gonna take forever to go through the instance. I have like 200k pot in the zone and did it solo and named were taking 6mins to kill roughly whereas in braken vault or w/e I can kill the names in like 1min. Think we need to lower the stone skin on the adds or remove it...I won’t be running that zone ever again in its current state, rewards aren’t even close to worth the 20mins or so it takes to do the zone.
  19. Drona Well-Known Member

I can second this. Went to Outbreak as SK and send my SK Epic pet to pull the Rattican, the goes near him and simply stops. I tried it few items and it always happened.

In the end I used the merc to pull him.
  20. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I honestly don't care about fighter checks, not sure why you'd assume I did. Unless that was just some thinly-veiled threat under the guise of a smiley.