Min Number of Players Needed for Heroics now?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mermut, Apr 10, 2018.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

Good suggestions
    Incentivizing behavior you want is generally more productive and less disruptive then penalizing behavior you don't want..
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Now that we found out some tanks were 1 shotting the names in heroics, you see where they are trying to get it under control.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

4. Lyyle Member

I'm following this discussion with interest as I play solo pretty much all the time now. I've been playing since launch and have done everything from raid guild to boxing, but lately it's been fun to occasionally take a break from IRL work and go out with a merc and pet group. Solo content gets pretty boring and heroic is about right. The toon I'm playing is only 90 so I'm on the brink of dealing with the new world order for the first time. That's where my concern comes in ... how much is this going to hamper my play style?

I've already come up against zones that require three players to simultaneously pull levers, etc while doing void shard zones. It was a pain to have to skip certain missions on certain days since it really isn't a true threesome. I seem to be reading that this is only going to get worse and at a certain point I'll be stuck doing solo content with what is essentially a group of three. I was looking forward to trying out the newer content instead of just replaying 1 - 90 like I have been doing ... but now I'm wondering if the game has to be played a certain way or not at all. Will I be wasting my time because I won't fit in?
    CoLD MeTaL and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Gninja Developer

The min number enforcement was removed in today's update. That does not mean we took every mechanic that always required multiple players in heroic zones and made them only require 1 player. It means it only requires more than one player if its part of the script not just enforced across the board like it was the past few weeks. We have no intention of making it easier for players to solo heroic content.
  6. Lyyle Member

OK. I'm not trying to game the system or cheat or anything. I don't even sell my loot, I transmute it. I don't farm zones unless I need more shards or whatever to buy specific pieces of gear.

I just play with what both is and isn't a group, if you see what I mean. Solo content is generally too easy for my "group" so I've been playing heroic content since it's a better fit. Not really interested in heroic content being made easier since that would essentially defeat the purpose. I'm more concerned with not being able to even enter an heroic zone when the final decision is made. I understand that this isn't finalized but is being worked on and appreciate your feedback.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

Towerbreach behavior today after the patch: Keeper of Past Lore (second named right side)

(1523981424)[Tue Apr 17 18:10:24 2018] \aNPC 68740 Keeper of Past Lore:Keeper of Past Lore\/a says, "You dare challenge me with so few members in your party? Begone from my sight, return when you have a suitable force at your command."
    => causes a 100% heal after 10 sec fight
    (1523981434)[Tue Apr 17 18:10:34 2018] \aNPC 68740 Keeper of Past Lore:Keeper of Past Lore\/a says, "You dare challenge me with so few members in your party? Begone from my sight, return when you have a suitable force at your command."
    (1523981454)[Tue Apr 17 18:10:54 2018] \aNPC 68740 Keeper of Past Lore:Keeper of Past Lore\/a says, "You dare challenge me with so few members in your party? Begone from my sight, return when you have a suitable force at your command."
    (1523981464)[Tue Apr 17 18:11:04 2018] \aNPC 68740 Keeper of Past Lore:Keeper of Past Lore\/a says, "You dare challenge me with so few members in your party? Begone from my sight, return when you have a suitable force at your command."

Maybe it was removed, but the trigger is still active :)

But it's correct.. I was not killed by the trigger
  8. Gninja Developer

Yeah, some of the messaging remained. We will be removing it.
  9. Gninja Developer

So, I looked over the script but not sure why that message would still be going through. Was it an old zone or newly created after update?
  10. Drona Well-Known Member

Not the same zone but in PoD Outbreak, the 3rd named (the cube) was still looking for a fighter. Its a new zone after patch.
  11. Kaarkula Active Member

In Obsidian Core got the fighter check... then fiend strike hit for way harder than it used to....

The zones I ran (Trio) didn't seem much different.. which was positive. In obisidian core.. the mobs when you port around not taking damage for a moment or two is not particularly enjoyable.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

o_O There are stoneskins on the ADDS in fights now?
  13. Beee Well-Known Member

Scratching my head.. think it was a new zone.
    Today i tested again and did not have any problems. Whyever the nameds in TB were very easy this time.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Something is definitely wonky.. our group went into the disease event heroic and our tank was getting destroyed.. on Grimror. She was getting hit for 40m million 2-3 times EVERY SECOND.
    I can supply the parse if desired.
    We have never had issues with this zone and suddenly the tank is taking massive damage through tank defensives...
  15. Gninja Developer

We did not intentionally increase damage in these zones. We can look into these sort of issues but we need more information to go on. Boss? Zone? Spell? Haircolor?
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Grimror, Plane of Disease: Infested Mesa [Event Heroic]
    The specific damage mentioned in the quoted post was Deliverance
    Actually, all of the bosses in that zone were hitting much harder, but Grimror was the worst.
    The Carrion Walker was hitting as often with hits about 3/4 as hard with Rotting Tissue
    Deathbone was hitting like The Carrior Walker with Facture

We've run this zone scores of times in the past with the same exact group and have never seen damage like this.
  17. Gninja Developer

Alrighty, we will look into it!
    Mermut likes this.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Even though I am late to the party, I was reading Gninja's first response regarding needing 3 players for heroic zones was that in order to standardize them all to remove the tank requirement, it required 3 bodies across all the zones, maybe one needed a scout and a healer, and one needed a tank and a mage, so to make it apply evenly to all zones it required a person for the tank, a person for the mage, a person for the healer, whether any players were playing those specific roles is not the point, that was just an example, the point was they had to incorporate the need for 3 player slots.