Creatures protected by Planar Defense can no longer...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fleurs, Apr 16, 2018.

1. Drona Well-Known Member

They said fighters are one shorting mobs but I did not see it was blamed on ascension. they didn't say how. Or may be i missed that part.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

At some point in the expansion, heroic content always gets trivialized... with the crazy stat inflation that has been introduced into the game (and ramped up with every expansion) this 'point' gets moved up...
    I'm not sure why anybody thinks it's a good thing to make trivial content take longer to complete and I'm also not sure why there seems to be surprise that this happens with the crazy stat numbers that are continuously being introduced into the game.
    Juraiya and Rhodris like this.
  3. Fleurs Active Member

Here is one even more obvious:

It is another named, notice the three Mythical critic that show that no ascension, even mythical crit can oneshot them, notice the amount of downtime on that 47 second fight, and i am a !!healer!! I wonder how true DPS feel. :confused:

[IMG]
    Earar and Meneltel like this.
  4. EmJay Well-Known Member

So, I set out to do my solos because I need stuff to transmute. I get to the first named and there it is. Click one combat art and it does damage, then zero, zero, zero... I wait and count to 20 and then click another combat art that does damage, then zero, zero, zero...Count to 20...rinse and repeat. Finished the first zone. Zoned out. Deleted all the solo quests, then logged out of game. This new change is the most annoying to date. You devs should realize that this is just a game and a game is meant to be played to have fun. What you keep doing lately is not FUN!
    Juraiya, Tkia, Rhodris and 2 others like this.
  5. Gninja Developer

What zone was this and we can check into it. This new effect should not be as punishing as the way it was previously.
    Meneltel likes this.
  6. Fleurs Active Member

My favorite of all, the most fun ever mob: (this is the last screenshot, but you get the point) (and the worst is, the patch isn't even yet on thurgadin, so that will be even worse by tomorow for EU players)

[IMG]
    Meneltel and Earar like this.
  7. Earar Well-Known Member

well it feels

same as the perpetual stoneskins (tornado in solo winds or most all nameds in mask of the marvelous)

it makes solos not harder .. just longer. U can kill first named in gears faster in group than is solo. and don't get me started on duos.

you should check on those stoneskins also. make 50% DR if you wish but at that point of the xpac, I don't want to waste 15min for a solo zone just coz I cannot hurt the mobs
    Quillyne likes this.
  8. Gninja Developer

Those numbers showing the same are a result of the bosses having such low health (so all classes can solo them) Because they have low health your big hits would likely outright just kill the boss if it crits/mythical etc and since most if not all players at this level crit+ you will likely see it a lot like you have shown in your posts. The reason its the same number per spell is because 1 spell cannot do over a certain % of a boss' health. So, it lets up to that amount go through then the rest is resisted.

The reason you cannot just one shot the bosses is that if you did it is very likely that any script resulted from the death of that creature and/or any quest or mission you have that should update from that creature has a high chance to not update.
  9. Gninja Developer

The Celestial Guard spell should not have any stoneskin properties at all. It uses damage reduction instead now.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

ok, guess we'll check that :)

OH .. you know what I see ? you cannot pet pull anymore ??? with that new celestial guard stuff. I'm in torder winds of change solo, tried to sent my pet to first named and ... doesn't even aggro him

still stoneskins :)

[IMG]
  11. Gninja Developer

That's odd. You should be able to send pets they just shouldn't be able to do any damage until the spell is removed. I will check with the mechanics folks and see what was done.
  12. Fleurs Active Member

But, i'm a defiler, one of the lowest DPS class of them all, couldn't you had given the boss enought health to survive the same amount of time through the DPS instead of relying on those immunity spam? I would prefer to damage my named during 47 second with my low DPS defiler, instead of waiting patiently over and over for the immune to fade, during the same 47 second.

Too much immune is killing the fun, at best, put one immune at 5% HP left on each boss, like a last attempt to overcome it's foes, so you are sure that script and quest will update, and well geared players could at best two shot them. (and buff up their HP by a lot, because the few mob that does not immune dies very fast to my defiler (low dps) even without ascension.
  13. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I haven't tried any zones yet (and I'm reluctant to do so) but this sounds like a really awful solution in search of a problem. So what if players who put the time and effort into a game can kill faster than others? This seems to punish casual players just as much, so I'm not sure what the goal was.
  14. Gninja Developer

I spoke with Caith and he said that it should not stop pets from aggroing bosses just should block damage. He is looking into it.

Can you be more specific about the stoneskin you are seeing? What boss? What zone? What is the name of the spell that is applying stoneskin because it's not Celestial Guard/Planar Defense. Unless you are referring to the damage that gets "stoneskinned" when the damage goes higher than a specific percentage (read what I mentioned above about the damage numbers being the same)
  15. Gninja Developer

It's not about killing faster than others. It's about breaking scripts. We can put the fighter checks back if you like :p
  16. tbankert New Member

Pet pulling is definitely broken, tried sending my epic pet in on the ooze, and Rattican in Outbreak solo the pet just stopped at the mob doing nothing.
  17. Gninja Developer

I spoke with Caith and he said that it should not stop pets from aggroing bosses just should block damage. He is looking into it.
  18. Earar Well-Known Member

well

solo zone - winds of change. tried with all nameds

I send my fae pet (warden) to attack the named and the pet just follows the mob around .. stay close but doesn't attack nor draws aggro.

After I cast a spell, the pet damage them.

only on named. The pet can solo kill trash

and the stoneskins (or whatever it is) is something that is implemented since start of xpac. Not something u added today.
    in winds of change both bottom tower mobs (tornado and laef windfall) are immune to damage multiple times during the fight. making the fights last even longer.

I don't mind stoneskins when u have something to do like claws in monolith or obsidian core. but stoneskin for stoneskin is frustrating :/. especially in solos
  19. Gninja Developer

Part of the script or part of the mechanic we are discussing? if its not about this mechanic please make a new thread. I want to keep this on topic as much as possible please.
  20. Zorash Member

I rarely do any of the solo zones. I have run 3 characters through the sig line and didn't much care for the line after Disease I. I have been telling myself that now that I have better gear from the PQs to go ahead and give the solos a try again and maybe actually do more than the Outdoor weekly.

If the solos are really set up that you sit around for 20 seconds every 5 seconds, sounds like I will stick with harvesting for the guild hall and doing the tradeskill weekly on my days off (the only time I get decent play time).