add a merc with cure curse spell plz

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Xavion, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Xavion Well-Known Member

please for the love of god can we get a merc that has a cure curse spell? i mean all these healer mercs and not 1 has this spell? i mean this is the most helpful thing to have for some dungeons and yet not a single merc has it!. So devs can you please for the love of god add a merc that is a healer or whatever that has cure curse cause idk whats even making a difference in mercs healing wise if they all have the same lump of heal skills and still no cure curse
    Aussie_one likes this.
  2. Evilnok Active Member

some mercs already have this spell...they just don't always cast it on time when we are cursed from mobs lol and end up getting debuffed so have to rebuff whenever it happens
  3. Earar Well-Known Member

no or you won't need healerz anymore
  4. Ragna Well-Known Member

When mercs were introduced, healer mercs did have a Cure Curse spell.
    A couple years later, people started moaning that get them killed on fight with a "good" or do-not-cure Curse.... (mostly old - at the time - raids and a few heroics)
    In short, no Cure Curse for mercs = fewer messed up scripts. (Obviously, I would prefer a /toggle.)

5. Evilnok Active Member

there are healer mercs in-game with this spell,just gotta yell at em to cure lol
  6. Ragna Well-Known Member

Ok, then which one(s) still has it ?
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

Are you sure? I don't remember mercs ever having cure curse and I was playing when mercs were introduced.. I bought that 'expansion'.
  8. Evilnok Active Member

ill have to log in and check my merc list,But yes I am sure
  9. Ragna Well-Known Member

Oh yes I'm sure, without cure curse I wouldn't have been able to solo (or rather molo) SoH for my alts.
    Now, I mostly used Inq merc (Fp rat and then Skyshrine's Archon) both used to have Cure Curse but not anymore.
  10. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I'm fairly sure as well that none of the mercs have ever had cure curse. I can't speak for the new set or the ones from PoP mercs, but the one at release didn't have cure curse.
    Mermut likes this.
  11. Evilnok Active Member

Zhug I think has cure curse...along with Grimor merc so any healer type merc will have it
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Zhurgus does not have a curse curse unless they added it in the last month or so.
  13. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Zhugrus Blightstrike doesn't have a cure curse.
  14. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Heh, I casted mine before replying. As I mentioned in my earlier post, can't comment on the PoP ones, but prior ones haven't had a cure curse.

Quoting you to state about Zhugrus, not for any particular reason other than that :D
    Mermut likes this.
  15. semisus Does not play this game

I dont think there is any mercs that can cure curse , however there a ability in deity that can called embodiment of truth if your good
    that cure curse
    Xianthia likes this.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

Personally, I would just like to see the priest's Cure Curse spell upgraded to include the entire group instead of being one person at a time. These days, it seems the curses are tossed on the entire group, yet the priest can only cure one person...namely, the tank, and the rest of the group has to suffer through it. Also, the insanely long 1 minute cool down, while the mobs are constantly tossing curses almost instantly after you cure it, is ridiculous and in serious need of an update as well. Even with 100% recovery speed, that's still an insanely long cool down at 30 seconds, when the mobs are recasting the curses almost as fast as you cure them. Single target cures are ancient and archaic, to say the least.
    Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  17. Logistic New Member

True, I can still remember I was killed many times by the names in High Keep because mercs do not have curse cure..
  18. Gninja Developer

Mercs have never had, nor will they have in the foreseeable future, the cure curse spell. Mercs were never meant to completely replace having another player in your group. They were just meant to help out. They were also not meant for difficult content. Most curses are only in difficult content except for older content which has been made easier just naturally over time. When the mercenary feature was released, we intentionally did not give any mercs this spell and we do not intend to change that any time soon. Sorry! I get why you guys want it, but we just don't feel comfortable adding it.
    Abuj, Mindsway, Xianthia and 2 others like this.
  19. Evilnok Active Member

the mercs I use,have always been able to cure me...even when I am in loping plains and the wide zone buff that debuffs the player and removes our own buffs forcing us to re cast them every time it happens from it
  20. Jhen Ro Active Member

Good reasoning, understandable.

So why is it that good aligned players have a deity spell (Embodiment of Truth, I think) that is a self curse cure?