Many heroic bosses have had their abilities that target or check for fighters standardized.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Altho, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Beee Well-Known Member

Gninja we had the "You dare challenge me with so few members in your party? Begone from my sight, return when you have a suitable force at your command." Trigger in a full group today in TB

Happend when the top mob left side was pulled and almost the whole group died because of too much dps beeing afk. just the tank survieved, but was killed some seconds later by the too few member trigger.

2. Gninja Developer

That is exactly the type of situation we are trying to avoid.
    Beee and Scalo like this.
  3. Malleria Well-Known Member

Been pretty tough to do that lately, what with aoes ramping up in damage in fabled zones, and then resolve requirements. I get that you raided a long time ago, but as Fyreflyte recently said...
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I raid right now. Three groups can do T1 raids.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

What is the reason to have the mobs make explicit 'you must have x number of group members or we'll wipe the party' checks in heroic content?
    Tekka likes this.
  6. Dannni Active Member

The idea is to promote grouping and make soloing/duoing heroics impossible. Although all it really does is promote 3 man groups or people farming with 2 additional accounts. Make it 6 players required or no requirement. This middle ground doesnt make much sense to me. Artificial scripts restricting play are never going to go down well... unless there are more difficult heroics which are still challenging to keep things fresher.
    Dude likes this.
  7. Fistpower Well-Known Member

If they want heroic content to be used and avoid people spamming a LFG channel for hours, add the damn LFG tool that any other MMO released the last two decades have added.
    Rhodris and Meneltel like this.
  8. Fleurs Active Member

There is one, nobody use it, not daybreak fault on that one.
    Even if i am against these change, if people are strong enough to solo/duo heroic, then good for them, that the reward for being well geared.
  9. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Its not functional for current heroic content. Its there for agnostic leveling, which too often bugs and have players joining and leaving constantly.

Which is one of the reasons I imagine they never bothered to improve it or implementing it for current content, they simple dont know how to do it..
  10. Fleurs Active Member

I'm not talking about the auto-join for agnostic dungeon, but the old LFG tool, where you check which role you can fit in (primary healer, secondary healer, ranged dps etc...), a blank field for comment (like LF T1 Weekly), and then start LFG, and that put the LFG tag on your name. When a group is looking for more, they can set some filter to see all the LFG people per level or role through a specific windows.

There is that LFG button right of the Guild button on the lower part of the default UI.

But of course, noone use it.
  11. Fistpower Well-Known Member

It never worked as I said. It was never cross server either. Feldon had been asking for this feature for years but the developers used some half arsed excuse that it would ruin the social interaction.
    Meneltel likes this.
  12. Beee Well-Known Member

I know 2 good players (over all 3 subscriptions) who will quit if daybreak insistence on minimum of 3 or more layers doing heroic instances - sad but understandable

Doing heroic instances solo is a challange - removing this makes EQ2 booring
  13. Entropy Well-Known Member

Correction: Two groups can do T1 raids. Some T2 as well, depending how overgeared you are.

Reference: we do this most weeks, to clear out the useless time-sucks and let the full guild focus on the harder stuff / progression / etc.
    Rosyposy and Sigrdrifa like this.
  14. Strac Active Member

alter you loot-generator to stop giving non-tanks access to items with +HP and + mitigation. Then fix the Dragon Ward AA so a non-tank can not actually take less dmg then a tank when directly facing a target.
    At this stage, named mobs should just be pummeling non-tanks . Sure, let some classes have the ability to absorb some immediate dmg, but not give them the chance to kill something during the time of immunity ( Beastlord temps as example). If you use an immunity to dmg ability as a non-tank, disable any hostile actions.

Now you just need to adress the tanks dps output. Fix both Crusaders so they are what they were always created to be. a mix of tank and either cleric (paladin) or necro (SK), dont' allow them to actually compete with either archtypes tho. you can't have the cake and eat it.

And if you insist on keeping offensive stance as it is, howcome a Bruiser can't use any saves in offense ( while already having abysmal passive Dmg reduction due to our alleged offensive focus) aside from 10 year old Mythical 1.0 ability on an epic re -use timer while you allow Berserkers to still use all their main dmg reductions.

I'm such a silly nerd who has been playing EQ since 1999, all these things just seem logic to me. All down to basic rules, like if you can do high dmg, you can't take much dmg....but somehow these basic rules have gone out the window, and it's somehow ok that one tank can go full berserk mode and retain core defensive attributes, while other tanks get brutalized by these mechanics and you get a scenario where bruiser as the offensive brawler version has to witness monks getting an insanely boost to dmg output by the means of current T11 Dragonfire version. Where's the counterpart to that for Bruisers ?
    Meneltel likes this.