Many heroic bosses have had their abilities that target or check for fighters standardized.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Altho, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Leed Active Member

I think you must have misunderstood my post - what you proposed is exactly what I said. Fighters with more HP, and mobs tuned to it.
  2. Nkito Well-Known Member

Eventually gearing and progressing your character far enough to solo/duo heroic instances was always a welcome challenge and something that made progression and the grind more rewarding. If all we can solo is the "solo" content that dies with 0 effort (and tishan box gear handed out) another dimension of gameplay dies. Starting to feel like we're on rails here.
  3. Dannni Active Member

There’s no denying it’s incredibly lazy game design. For a heroic only character what is the benefit in progressing your character. I’m not seeing any. You can save a tiny bit of time woohoo. It’s almost like an admission from the developers that they’ve failed to control the mechanics of their own game.
    Mizgamer62 and Kheldar like this.
  4. Dannni Active Member

We're now all playing a game where progressing and having a stronger character brings next to no benefits in heroics. The developers have made a poor choice. Heroics are a core element of the game and there has to be rewards for progressing your character in these zones.

Why not let anyone that is capable, solo them? If you can do it, all the more power to you for the time, effort, skill (and probably money) you have spent on the game. These artificial mechanics that try and bridge the gap between the weak and the strong is losing touch with the fundamentals of MMORPG's. If there is to be this one shot mechanic, the very least they could is only allow you to enter the zones with X number of people
  5. Lucus Well-Known Member

i was reinforcing your idea, but pointing out that just increasing tank hp and tuning it is not enough, without a tank strike that kills non fighters in the script once dps are geared tanks are no longer desired.
  6. Dannni Active Member

They should make it mandatory to have 6 players including 1 fighter in all heroics. If you dont meet the requirement you get 1 shot and a message explaining why. Instead this new script adjusts the playing field slightly and only makes it marginally more difficult to farm the zones.

If you are going to do something, do it right. Either make it a free for all with none of these artificial scripts restricting play, or at least have some balls and go the whole way - fully restricted and on lockdown.
  7. Beee Well-Known Member

Without soloing/duoing heroic zones EQ2 gets booring.. and a booring game is not worth playing
  8. Nkito Well-Known Member

I do like to be able to login and challenge myself within a few minutes regardless how much playtime I have. The challenge of rounding up a tank + 5 others before half my day's playtime has passed is not the kind of challenge I seek. I do hope these are temporary scripts.

That, or I would truly welcome some seriously challenging solo/duo content with rewards just slightly below heroic.

And these types of requests are more about my available playtime combined with lack of groups running.
    Mizgamer62 and Juraiya like this.
  9. Dannni Active Member

Why not have timed runs for heroic zones, leaderboards for the best times. Short handed achievements. Rewards for the best times. More difficulty versions of the same zones (normal, hard, very hard, extreme). Otherwise game just gets stale running the same zone over.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Really, why don't people who can solo heroic zones join a raid force? That would get you all the additional challenge anyone needs. There are raids out there on various days of the week, many don't require that you join their guild to participate, and they range from "casual raids" to "hardcore raids".
  11. Dannni Active Member

Pretty much all are in raids already, doesn’t mean heroics can’t be fun and challenging though. These zones are beyond trivialised, it’s worse - theyre boring
    Mizgamer62 and Dude like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Raids require 23 other people, overlapping schedules and a much bigger time commitment then a heroic instance.. or even 4 heroic instances..
    People may not have the time or inclination for raiding but still want a challenge.
    Zorash, Mizgamer62, Rosyposy and 4 others like this.
  13. Sentrasia Well-Known Member

Maybe they already are? Or dislike raiding? Or don't have time for it? Plenty of reasons why someone would opt not to raid.

Not saying I like the idea of timed heroics + leaderboards. In fact, I rather dislike the idea. Just saying defaulting to telling them to raid 'to get a challenge' does not make sense.
    Mizgamer62, Argosunited, Dude and 2 others like this.
  14. Beee Well-Known Member

You dare challenge me with so few members in your party? Begone from my sight, return when you have a suitable force at your command.

Remove this heroic check.. This will force a lot of Players to quit EQ2

It's just anoying
    Mizgamer62 and Argosunited like this.
  15. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Actually, that would probably be a better solution. Getting specific class types is sometimes difficult. If there are no fighters on, then you're stuck.

If they're trying to prevent people from solo/molo/duo playing it, they should probably have something like a specific number of players check before you can even enter the dungeon.
  16. Jabbso Active Member

You think people who want to solo heroics aren't raiders? Top end raiders at that.

This is a nonsense,
  17. Leed Active Member

I can tell you why back in the day I used to try soloing heroics rather than raid...personal challenge vs shared challenge. If I died - it was on me. If I figured out how to beat the named that was my doing. If I wanted to walk away and not come back for 20 minutes - it was fine. If I wanted to try from 5PM to 10PM I could, but if I wanted to try from 5PM to 7PM - that was fine too. None of that applies to raiding. If I die - it might be somebody else wasn't paying attention. If I survive - somebody else might be carrying me rather than my own personal achievement. If the named doesn't die it might be people not doing enough DPS, if it does die it might be somebody else just was really pumping out the damage. If I want to go away 20 minutes - I can't. If I want to quit early - I'm inconveniencing everyone else in doing so. Heck, I can't even pick the start time, much less the time when I'm done for the day.
    Zorash, Mizgamer62, Rhodris and 4 others like this.
  18. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Raids may require 24 people. But I've been in lots of successful raids with 3 groups. And there's LOTS of different raiding groups, so you can indeed find a raid that runs when you can attend. Not every raid group is 7 days a week, in fact I'd be surprised if even half were. There are lots that raid 2 times weekly, and even with those, some people only show for one of the two days and that's expected up-front. And I've never been in a raid force that you couldn't tell the raid leader that you have an appointment or emergency or some such and need to duck out early or start late.

At any rate, the argument that "I solo heroics because that's the only way to get enough challenge" is demonstrably false. Raids are the normal next step up the challenge ladder.

Other answers to my post make me think that the real issue is that DBG has stopped a handful of geared players from soloing or duoing heroic zones then SLR loot. People sure 'nuff will holler if their income stream is impacted. /shrug
    Scalo likes this.
  19. Mermut Well-Known Member

I never even suggested that raiding was a 7 day a week commitment. I merely said that some people may not WANT to raid, for whatever reason.
    I'm curious why a playstyle many people have enjoyed for years (solo or duoing heroics) was removed. I'm also curious as to why somebody would think this removal a good thing.

Note: I DO raid. Also I, personally, don't solo/duo current heroics and never have. That doesn't mean I think people who enjoy playing that way should suddenly, and without warning, have that option removed. Just because a change doesn't affect me personally doesn't mean I can't see how it can negatively impact others.
  20. Gninja Developer

We've been discussing this topic over the last week or two and we will have something in place soon(tm) Until it is ready we will likely be removing these restrictions temporarily while we work on it.

Just to be clear, we aren't removing them because we think players should be soloing/duoing heroic zones, but we think the current implementation was too heavy-handed and infringes too much on normal gameplay in these zones, more specifically pulling aggro and/or different classes having advantages over others. Keep an eye on patch notes for this coming week.

I do want to give a thanks to those in this thread (and a couple others) that have been constructive versus destructive about the topic.
    Zorash, Rosyposy, Kaitheel and 2 others like this.