Idea for new Prog server

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Asteroid, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Asteroid New Member

This was just a idea, thought id share it. I love EverQuest 2 but it seems a lot of the new progression servers tend to die out rather quick these days. What would you think if they started a new Progression server a couple of expansions in, rather then at classic. I feel that a lot of people get to classic endgame and end up quitting because finishing content and lack there of. I would love to play some EQ2 but not on a super low pop server and not live either. Personally id love to start at Maybe KoS or EoF and progress on then, Classic is just lacking imo... This may have been discussed already idk, was just a idea i had and wanted to see what others thought.
  2. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

There have only been two progression servers thus far, Stormhold and Fallen Gate. Of those two, only Stormhold has stopped progressing; Fallen Gate is scheduled to continue for as long as people keep playing on it. If you are counting the Race to Trakanon server in your stats, that was a special event server that was specifically scheduled to have a limited lifespan.
  3. Asteroid New Member

wasnt death toll a progression server?

and both the progression servers out now have low population. It just seems to me many of the people end up quitting before a lot of the expansions even come out. Maybe more would stick around if it started on a later expansion. I know myself and friends would do that in a heartbeat.
  4. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Fallen Gate is the most populated server overall, so that just isnt true.
  5. Simparri Active Member

One thing might help keep people playing if new progression server is started. Let them delete character but keep most of items purchased on marketplace, just move them to claim rewards window & make them heirloom & not sellable. I've avoided spending DBC on marketplace items because I know I'll lose them unless I move toon over to a live server, if I wanted to play on live I've already got 30+ toons there.
  6. Asteroid New Member

Weekends there are a for sure more people on but during week FG seems to show lower end population. Regardless my point is i know many people who end up leaving game because lack of content and starting classic again. The new server rush brings the crowds but it dies down usually faster then id like. Yes there may still be a lot of people who do play, but it could be more. I love everquest 2 and the people who play i just want to see it flourish for many years to com.Just trying to think of possible ideas that could help people stick around longer.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

What data do you use to come to that conclusion?
  8. Dude Well-Known Member

Deathtoll was a PvP server, so it had issues that were of a different nature.
  9. Elskidorr Active Member

I'd rather a TLE with a tad better xp in classic and stops advancing in Kunark = b.

It was the horrid xp in classic that ran off my friends and I followed shortly after out of boredom. I've remained in EQ1 ever since. Either way DBG gets my money I guess, but I'd love to play a less cash grab TLE for EQ2 next time. I hate the idea of starting a TLE several expansions in...I'd leave after Kunark most likely anyway, Velious at the latest.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

Here is my idea for the next TLE.

Crowdsource the development and itemization.
  11. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

No thanks.

I have a novel idea: make a new game. Use an existing engine if you have to.
    Simparri likes this.