[Suggestion] Stacks Are a Good First Step

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Tekka, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Tekka Well-Known Member

But to fully utilize this change, we need a place to put those stacks of items. I'm not sure what code or complication allow for, but the following are my suggestions. Please add your own!

A crafted depot for house, guild hall or both, with a stack size of 250-500 items, and a max stack allowance of 5000-10000 (whatever is feasible) that are NOT house-lore so that we're able to store and organize all of our items.

A depot style interface inventory tab, house vault option, bank tab or guild bank tab with 250-500 stack size and an individual item limit that exceeds the current individual item total (which would be updated when more items are added) or the ability to acquire additional tabs.

A mostly unrelated question, but it does have to do with stacks! I know making player-written materials was unintentional, but it is possible to make the unwritten ones stack, and flip to non-stackable once written in?
  2. Evilnok Active Member

great idea! so I agree
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Tekka like this.
  3. Tekka Well-Known Member

I guess you and I are the only two interested in furniture storage, Evilnok. Well, and maybe the database.

But here's to hoping this could possibly be a thing!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Evilnok like this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No you are not the only 2, I agree fully but went 3 days without getting into the forums because no matter what I did that recaptcha thing said validated, I would wait for at least 30 seconds and it would still say unvalidated, so I gave up, didn't have the energy to fight with it, I didn't give up until after 10 tries.

The PoP items are mostly crafted in multiples of 2, at least the carpentry items are. I found that if I do not split the 2 and place them in a house or dungeon it leaves them as a stack of 2, then when I pick them up again I can do so as a stack of 2. So the mechanics are already in place to do this. I like the depot option better, I would like to see a tile/building block depot, tiles are my biggest nemesis as I buy them and drop them all in a dungeon while I am trying to decide what to do for all of these houses I have.

I love the idea of a house item depot with various tabs and each tab has a limit as to the number of item stacks of that type and a max stack size. Maybe the depot could be an amenity and if you want extra tabs for each type, tile, building block, furniture, rugs, etc you could buy the tabs from the Marketplace.

I definitely need something. When everybody was so excited about things being stackable, I went into a dungeon, picked up 100 floor tiles and was quite depressed when I saw I had to put them all back down 1 by 1 since it would not let me put the stack down. I do not have bank or vault space to hold all of the stacks so making them stackable did not help me in any way.

I just tried with the new PoP plants and I made 20 of the scintillating thornvine and placed the entire stack of 20 down at once in a dungeon. I picked them up and had a stack of 20.
  5. Tekka Well-Known Member

You need to beat that captcha with a nerf bat!

I have it on good authority that they're very effective.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I would beat it to death with a nice spiked mace or a big old hammer, perhaps the Hammer of Brell.
  7. Meirril Well-Known Member

So just to be blatenly obvious here, the request is to add a Furniture Depot? If the Furniture stacks now, I could see it happening. If any items don't stack, I can't see them adding a depot for that type of item.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Tekka Well-Known Member

A place to put the stacks of items, depot or inventory tab, yes. I saw it mentioned in a thread somewhere (probably in the Test forums) that they are retroactively applying stacks to housing items, and there was a projected complete date.

While I don't know if every single item will stack, it sounds like the vast majority of them will, and that's still thousands of individual items and it would be much tidier and convenient to have a 'box' of some sort to put them in, rather than still scattered among various houses, dungeons and vault spaces.
  9. Meirril Well-Known Member

Now read this above and try to think that the person reading has no idea what you're talking about. Because you just said you want "a place to put stacks of items". We have something like that, its called a bank. Banks, inventory space, and House Vaults let us store anything we want to but with severe limits.

Now a Depot could be designed that would allow anything to be dumped into them. I'm sure its technically possible. I'm also quite sure that dev won't do this because there are a dozen different depots and they all store one kind of stacking item and follow a theme. Some of the depots in game: Provisions, Spells, Potions, Collectibles, Legend & Lore, Harvests, Fuel. If Dev makes a new Depot I'm sure they will make them in the 3 sizes that exist in game for all of the other ones.

In closing, mentioning what you want to go into the depot, or what kind of depot you want it to be would be a good idea. If you really want a depot that can hold "any stacking item" like you've requested then I'll apologize ahead of time and say carry on but I really feel like that isn't what you're requesting even if it is what you're saying.
  10. Tekka Well-Known Member

Well, unless you have some advantage that the rest of us don't, then there aren't enough bank, inventory or house vault space to store even a fraction of the HOUSING ITEMS.

HOUSING ITEMS, which I did specify in the second post. AND in the post where I quoted your response, which is the post YOU quoted. So I'm pretty sure anyone reading that post would understand I'm talking about HOUSING ITEMS. I guess you didn't actually read the post, as you suggest I do?

And also there's the reference to storing items in houses and dungeons, but maybe you don't decorate so you might not have understood it.

In closing, I didn't specify that I meant HOUSING ITEMS in my first post, but I did in TWO subsequent posts. No, I didn't ask for a depot that can hold 'any stacking item', which again, you would have known if you had bothered to read the post YOU quoted.

I suspect anyone who read the thread would understand I suggested a storage method for HOUSING ITEMS.

Apology accepted, have a good evening.
    Simparri likes this.
  11. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I love the idea Tekka. I would also like to see a depot that accepts the tinkering items now that most of them stack instead of having charges.
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

I would love the possibility to drop stacks of items in a box/bank/anywhere but having to create dungeons upon dungeons upon dungeons when my storage houses upon storage houses upon storage houses upon storage houses are getting full!

House pets won't stack (due to names) and books/writable stuff won't stack either but yes, they do plan to stack most of them.
  13. Nella Member

I would love if they could do that for unnamed house pets as well, have them stackable until named. Anyhow, also love the idea for house item depots ...so easy to lose track of where things are when stashed here, there and everywhere.
  14. Gneaux Active Member

I personally would LOVE the idea of item storage for stackable items, holiday items, furniture in general. I too have been begging for this for years. It's really a darn shame I have to use up a prestige house, just to make a "portal house" to all my storage sheds when those houses could otherwise be used to decorate, but instead are being cluttered up with items I hoard just so I have them. Having the ability to have multiple storage depots would still take up an entire home but it would be sooooo nice to have every single house item I own be able to be organized in a fashion that they would be able to be easily found when they are needed.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I love this idea still and wish we could get someone like Kaitheel to see this thread.
  16. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Good Heavens no!!! Don't use prestige houses as storage.....use Dungeon Maker for these. I haven't bumped into a dungeon limit yet, and i'm up to 15. You can change the name of the dungeons so you know what is in them and label them appropriately and you can get to them from pretty much everywhere except inside another house. You can also add all your alts to them, so they have access to compile the goods too.
  17. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Yes I don't know how many names you can add to the list of trusties for a dungeon.
    "Denmother" and some others have opened their dungeons to everybody on the Public Test Server so decorators everywhere on that server can take out furniture so your house too can look cool, even if your not a level 110 crafter.
    I like the idea for a depot for all the housing items, and another for all the other stacks.
    when considering how such a housing depot would look like , how about a storage shed ?
    Ok next idea , would it be possible to change stacks of tiles or other building blocks into a place able housing item
    like a pile of tiles , a stack of walls and so on.
  18. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

That was my point, making all these items stackable does not help if you have to go to a house or storage dungeon and place them one by one. I do not have bank, vault, or backpack space to hold even all of the different building blocks and tiles from city festivals, let alone events and holidays. The depot Tekka described would solve this. The tabs would make it sortable, a tab for tiles, walls, tables, chairs, etc, The could make it so additional slots in a tab were purchasable or entire tabs could be purchased like the wardrobe.

It would also be nice to have a closet or dresser for appearance items, clothing, weapons, armor, etc, the wardrobe is nice but it is limited as well and not everybody wants to fill their wardrobe slots with items they have on mannequins in a museum or house or hall.
  19. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When in doubt, use some way to finagle it into the Test forum. ;->

(but don't say who told you that... :D)

Uwk
    Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Zyxia Active Member

on the subject of storage...:eek:
    Totally agree with being able to stack when storing in a home, i.e. placing on a floor 100 items in a stack not just one single one - and being able to pick up a stack of 100 or 50 or 10 as needed. ONLY DECORATORS would know how desperate I get when I can only pick up one at a time...or put down one at a time.....it is a total WASTE of time, when I could be actually decorating the home I am in.

Our houses only have 6 slots - is there any way we could buy more slots for house storage? or even bank slots for storage. My bags get so full with stuff i have to carry around for crafting, fuels, quest items, potions, totems, as well as stuff that could be stored in a house slot or bank slot if only I had room !!
    Ever since things became heirloom I can no longer put these things in guild bank, only shared bank. Is there any way we could share heirloom with guild members only? As a perk for belonging to a guild - which would drop away if you left that guild then the item/s you have would become obsolete. I am not asking for trade, only being able to help out the guildies. Being in different time zones most times rule out the possibility of having a guildie with me who needs something. As it is, not everyone has PoP - so we can't get any decent stuff that is offered for sale because we can't get to the zone. If someone is in PoP and in a guild then their excess drops could be put in guild bank. I heard that some players have billions of plat from seller rights - what on earth do they want more for? I better shut up about plat before someone throws rotten eggs at me lol.

Also - crafted PERSONAL FUEL DEPOTS are not big enough !!! They only hold 50 different items - when there are far more than 50, which means i have to flit from one house to another to get my fuel. Why can't I craft personal depots with say 100 fuel types? The other personal depots are far more realistic with item storage amounts.
    DAYBREAK PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE could you help us decorators? Not everyone can afford the dungeon feature - we spend too much at the marketplace on furniture - rotfl...;)
    ok - gonna get down from my soapbox now and make coffee. :p