Eliminate Weaponsmith and Woodworkers!!!

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Meirril, Feb 25, 2018.

1. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

well, it wouldn't actually eliminate the weaponsmith's recipies. They would still be there. Just that another class would be making them. Now I think that the people who bothered to max both an armorer AND a weaponsmith on TLE might be a little upset. But it wouldnt effect the recipes themselves. Just the fact that the time was wasted leveling both.
    Soara likes this.
  2. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

that's my point... they cannot do things like this without breaking them.
    Soara likes this.
  3. Evilnok Active Member

you do know that most quests require a certain tradeskill right? so I highly doubt they will remove these crafting professions
    Soara likes this.
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

I am against any change that will likely break the game. After all these years and the thousands of quests out there that might be affected, it would amount to a massive shutdown of EQII. The code is so interconnected that even seemingly small changes cause the servers to crash during or immediately after patching now. Such a major change to classes, whether crafting or adventuring, would most likely be disastrous.
    Quiarrah, Soara, Spindle and 4 others like this.
  5. Earar Well-Known Member

they can't and they won't.

what they need to do is find good end-game receipe for all TS classes.

I mean, tailors and armorers are only slighly usefull at start of xpac. Then useless. So if u play one, better be fast

weaponsmith and carpenter at least craft ammos - arrows/bolts

sage are also quite limited once spell have been written down, same for jeweler. they are early xpac TS classes

alchemist stay usefull and provisionner Too. carpentar has always been on the side, more for decorators.

and now with receipes (3 charges) that give better potions than the MC crafted by alchemist. Even alchemist lost their usefullness.

so it doesn't matter. except provisionner (and to lesser extend weaponsmith/woodworker) that provide stuff throughout the whole xpac .. all other TS classes have quickly little use.

none can craft appearance gear, would be a nice add on.

I think what the game truly lacks now, is customisation. You had great armors and weapons from old xpac, great visuals. People farm those zones for appearance, because the actual ones are meh. If they don't want crafting to do too powerfull stuff (though It would be good that crafters can craft raid quality gear with proper materials found in TS quests .. maybe harder ones. So they could sell them and stay relevant.
    But they also could simply add appearance gear. They could even take some old gears from previous xpac, recolor them and allow crafters to do it. It would give more depth .. and then make some rare receipes for appearance.

the devs forgot that people LOVE customisation of their toons. You love having a unique character. and that would be a way to make so TS classes have a second breath.

if they force us to be crafters (when u dislike crafting) just to have the best stuffs in game, then they should make crafting overall more impactfull.

GM are nice but there could be so much more interesting stuffs. Not always to make your toon stronger.
  6. Evilnok Active Member

Actually...there is appearance gear that can be crafted already in the game like the Magma armor set from the recipe sold by the vendor after maxing out faction in Lavastorm with the goblins
    Soara likes this.
  7. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Best thing they had for all tradeskillers were the purple rune recipes that have now been replaced by solo/heroic/raid dropped orange runes.

Guess it's easier to toss them into a rare random chest versus copy/pasting the purple rune recipes and having them make orange runes.

Dunno why they had to fix something that wasn't broke.
    Soara and Cheallaigh like this.
  8. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

A certain item, not certain tradeskill. A single recipe that could go from one book to another.

and to those worried about massive code and breaking the game, just calm down. It's just for arguments sake. They aren't going to change the classes anyway. It's just a forums "what if ....." post.
  9. Earar Well-Known Member

but on last tiers of crafting ?
    Soara likes this.
  10. Soara2 Well-Known Member

My carpenter has too many recipes as it is. Lol. I'm all for the idea though....
  11. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Ok, wanted to respond since you blocked me from responding to your pritve msg of....

I stand corrected...one of the quests require multi-crafting tradeskills for updates so DO NOT ever tell me that I am wrong about what I am talking about so do you research about tradeskills and quests that require all crafting skills before commenting on forums when your clueless about something like this

are you trying to say that a tradeskill, lets say weaponsmith in this instance, are required to make multiple recipies from different tradeskills as well as their own? Just curious
  12. Meirril Well-Known Member

I think its been said multiple times already, but because you didn't hear it let me say it again. The combined classes would get all recipes that the old classes get. This means all of those quests that require items made by other classes would still be made by the new classes. None of the quests require the actual class, just the item the class makes. As long as the recipes are available to someone, nothing is going to "break" in crafting.
  13. Meirril Well-Known Member

You do realize that most of the crafted weapons are introduced at level 1-9 and the appearance doesn't change with tier, right?

As for carpenter, most of the people that make money from the class aren't doing as a carpenter but as a decorator. If it was just from producing furniture then you'd get undercut to death like any other profession. When you are commissioned for decorating, its your time and skill at arranging furniture they are buying. Being a carpenter makes the job easier but you don't have to be. My tailor won one of the weekly decorating rewards and it was all NPC merchant and event furniture in the house.
  14. Earar Well-Known Member

the appearance of weapons changes a bit.

at lvl 9 they are quite rusty :)

the mod is mostly the same ... though maybe new weapons come later. but the texture is different.

why do you complain ? let weaponssmiths alone, they aren't better nor worse than another crafting class. If people wanna be that, let them be that :)
  15. redindus Active Member

Well that depend on what character you are playing and your roles. For example, Woodworker would be suitable for Rangers, cause they can make their own bows and arrows. Would be cheaper than buying them and least you have earned it.\

Not sure about weaponsmith, I really didn't get a chance to do melee character yet.
  16. Earar Well-Known Member

weaponsmith does throwing weapons

so can be usefull on any scout/fighter with satchel so u don't need to buy ammos too
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Now that there are crossbows that anyone can use, crossbow bolts are in steady demand. On a raid night I can empty a whole quiver of the things. Woodworkers should be getting a boost from that.
  18. redindus Active Member

I am surprised they didn't put those in woodworking yet, did you check and see if they are in weaponsmithing? Unfort I don't like crossbows or guns, I prefer bows.
  19. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

Huh? There are bolt recipes in Advanced Woodworker Volume 102.
  20. Earar Well-Known Member

or he bloody tooth one, they also have good stats