Dr.Arcanus is not an Accurate Fortune Teller!

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Mercychalice, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Could you please check him, and see if you can sync him properly to the rotating time slots? I watched him predict Innovation, and Disease pop. He predicts Ro, and the one before or after that will spawn. Today's Reading: All future paths will continue to be murky with a clouded future. Trust no one.
  2. Arieva Well-Known Member

Could it be that when his predictions are off it's when the daily rollover is occuring and the next pq spawn is completely random? I saw this myself tonight and it was the first explanation that sprang to mind
  3. Lucus Well-Known Member

i've seen this happen outside the logical reset time, also if you happen to hail him just before the reset decides he says something about time will tell rather then predicting a PQ.
  4. Chrol Developer

Timing may be off by a bit as it doesn't update exactly on the hour. His script grabs GMT, which may not be accurate for everyone depending on where you are in the world, and then it converts that to UTC and gives his response based on that.
  5. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

what an interesting way to update him, but okay. thanks for the response.
  6. Tajar Well-Known Member

Ooooh that explains why it's been on different times since we went on BST lol. Used to be 1 4 7 10 for me, now its 2 5 8 11
  7. Lera Well-Known Member

Sounds like Dr Arcanus forgot to move his clock forward an hour.
  8. Gharyn Well-Known Member

The only thing Arcanus is good for is telling you which zone will NOT be up next.
  9. Lucus Well-Known Member

every day at aprox 8:00PM central the PQ cycle resets and randomizes which is first, if you hail him just before the reset he will only have a 25% chance of being correct, after the reset his predictions are accurate until the next reset is due.
  10. Gharyn Well-Known Member

Ok, that explains it. That's the time I am usually on and check it.

Not a very good time of day to have a reset. Should be in the wee hours of the morning when hardly anyone is on.
  11. Lucus Well-Known Member

TBH i was surprised they didn't put the reset time at 12AM.
  12. Gharyn Well-Known Member

But that would actually make sense :>