Raincaller not updating, can't file petition either

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Neritti, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Neritti Member

Really hoping Fireflyte or someone sees this. Raincaller can NOT update all (tried about 8x now), either mentored or unmentored, grouped or solo, it never updates. I get to Trueshot, go through the dialog with him, no werewolves up in zone, no huntmaster, nothing, just him. Go through the dialog, he changes to aggro. I attack and kill Trueshot FIRST, then his adds and it doesn't update.It *still* says to talk to Captain Trueshot. I can't file a petition either for it because when I go to log in and do that, the main site no longer shows "Recaptcha" icon and the check box. So instead of being able to log into the main site and do that, I keep getting errors that I failed Recaptcha. I get "reCAPTCHA validation failed."
  2. Xeryn Member

I did this yesterday in a group, the first time it bugged out, nothing spawned.

For the 2nd attempt, we killed Trueshot slowly then stood still and did nothing, just let the 2 adds (Ranger Oast & Aldarys) hit you but don't kill them, takes a little bit of time until Viswin appears. Let him do his speech and wait for the werewolves to attack.

After his dialogue we killed everything. We just assumed we killed it too fast for the script to happen.

Good luck trying it that way.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  3. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If you are running an ad blocker, it may prevent the Recaptcha loading.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Neritti Member

Finally got a ticket submitted, had to completely remove ad block to do it, which i've never had any issue with before today. I've reinstalled it again lol. Hopefully they sort this out because we literally tried it every which way under the sun like 9 times this morning and absolutely nothing would update the quest past that point. So if they can't push my quest forward to the next step then guess i'll have to try starting the HQ on a diff char on that account.
  5. Xeryn Member

Did you try my suggestion? without killing the added Rangers ? it worked for us after it bugged.
  6. Atan Well-Known Member

So, it took me 34 kills on Trueshot to get the updates.

What I found with my group was, I had to kill all pets, including the channeler's pet and by no means use 'Eye Shot' from the channeler. Kill Trueshot before the adds, and avoid killing in in less than 5 seconds.

In short, my group by killing all pets and only have 2 people attack him, we were able to get the update.

There is something very bugged about that encounter.
  7. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

The update at that quest stage comes from killing the werewolf pack, not from speaking to Trueshot directly (despite the quest text). I'm unable to replicate your issue, so if you could please describe to me where in the process this is breaking down, I'll investigate further. Below is the list of events that should occur:

Speak to Trueshot
    Trueshot becomes aggro, spawns adds
    Kill Trueshot (doesn't matter if adds are defeated or left up)
    Viswin spawns as an actor, cannot be attacked
    Viswin speaks, knocks you back, then disappears
    Aggro werewolf pack spawns
    Defeating pack updates the quest
    Rosyposy likes this.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

What is happening is, Trueshot dies and Viswin never spawns.

The 33 times I killed him with a channeler in group with his pet active, attacking and protecting, viswin did not spawn. The time I had all pets canceled in the group, Viswin spawned and the encounter continued.

Whatever triggers Viswin to spawn is broken.
  9. Atan Well-Known Member

Just to add to this, it seems the script goes something like:

1) Talk to Trueshot
    2) Trueshot becomes agro
    3) Attack Trueshot
    4) Adds spawn before he dies
    5) Viswin spawns after Trueshot dies
    6) Viswin stuns/kbs and gives a speach
    7) Werewolfs spawn and attack your group, and your quest updates

I suspected that something about Viswin spawning is somehow broken based upon who/what the adds initially agro on. I was guessing if they initially go for a pet it caused an issue. The problem does not present itself when I solo'd the encounter, only when I had a group (even a duo). I could duo it with non-pet classes and got an update everytime, but when I brought in the channeler, it bugged out every time until I removed the channelers pet from the picture, thats when I assumed it was something about some aspect of the encounter on the pet vs the person on the quest preventing Viswin to trigger. Viswin doesn't spawn if someone happens along to Trueshot in agro form from someone else failing the step. If I wander by Trueshot and kill him while not being on the quest, Viswin will never spawn.

Whatever checks to spawn Viswin also checks if you are on the quest, and somehow that can check on a pet or party member not on the quest and skip spawning Viswin.

I don't know how many hours I worked thru this to get 6 people updated, but according to ACT it was 34 kills on Trueshot.
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

Also, I love that the heritage bow is useable by preist and mage. I can shoot arrows with my warlock now, and thats so stupid its awesome.
    Mizgamer62 and Juraiya like this.
  11. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

I've attempted to replicate this with a combination of pets, mercs, group members, group members with pets, group members with mercs, etc, and it always updates correctly for me, so I'm really not sure what's going on. I'm going to lower his respawn timer, and there's one older function call in there that we no longer use, which I will update to the newer version. I don't know if that will fix the issue (since I can't test it), but at very least you'll be able to spawn Trueshot more often, which will speed things up some.
    Juraiya, Atan and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

I don't plan to do the quest again, but if I end up recreating it, I'll let you know.
  13. Neritti Member

I'm going to go actually start it on my warlock and see if I can get it updated... On my main it's STILL stuck on "I should return to Captain Trueshot and inform him that the werewolf dragoon leaders are defeated".
    By stating that you're trying it with and without mercs, it sounds like you're trying it on Live. Maybe it's a conflict with the way the code is specifically on TLE. Something in the code just disagrees and will not update.
  14. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

There is no difference between the scripts and templates on TLE and on other servers. I tested with mercs merely to increase the number of non player characters interacting with the encounter.
  15. Evilnok Active Member

uhm mages can't use this bow...its for classes like Rangers only so do your research before posting on forums
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

Actually, mages can equip the one from the heritage merchant.

I'm not saying its a great idea, but I equipped it and pewpewed arrows with it on my warlock for shiggles.