Fyreflyte... BL Bows

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Cheallaigh, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

so, we get the 60 bow for DoF for the Blood Ties quest for the qyenos timeline reward
    kos opens, all bows but the 60 scout longbow of bayle disappear
    after more than 3 months, you guys finally put a 70 bow up, and it's the gavin tank bow, not the scout tortured
    now we're back to only the 60 bow again? even the gavin bow is gone

for the love of norrath, can we please enable the timeline quests to recognize BLs as scouts for rewards?!
    i know you get the issue, and i get you guys added BLs and channelers in, which is great... but seriously, while BLs can wear leather, and in theory can tank(wouldn't say the rest of the group would live) with all the leather tank rewards, we are not bruisers or monks. everytime i do a timeline, i'm pretty much given either leather gear with blocking or a weapon for monk/bruiser.

i know it's added work, but there's a lot of beastlords on the server and live ones who get shafted every time.
    Juraiya likes this.
  2. Okanagan Member

3. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

funny... since they use several different swords and bows and have been for years, nor does it change the majority of timeline gear drops being leather tank, not chain.
  4. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

They were reworked to be able to use bows in 2014 because no ranged weapons other than brawler ones were available for rogues/beastlords so they just changed their abilites to be useable with bows/let beastlords use bows.

Zam is a terrible resource in general as its so outdated.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  5. Socal New Member

Beastlords and Channelers have been made available on Fallen Gate even though it has not caught up to the expansions in which they were initially released. Do note, however, that we are not providing additional support for their itemization, and you may run into rough patches with them (such as a lack of epic weapons in RoK, or sharing another class' armor set in EoF). In the case of channelers, much of their unique functionality came from AAs, many of which have not been unlocked either. Neither of issues things makes either class non-viable; it just might be a little harder to find items or interesting abilities at times - something to consider when making your choice.

6. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

they enabled the 60 scout bows in vanilla/dof as a reward for bow for channeler and bl
    in kos no bows for 70 for the BL, channeler got theirs still
    eof wrong bow added(tank), then taken away 2 patches later and back to no bow again, while leaving the one added in dof

it's back and forth, not just the constant game assuming BLs are leather tanks. rewards like this need to be one or the other, not enabled/disabled/wrong class from expac to expac or even patch to patch. like the channeler, some aspects are disabled on the BL, i have a few pets who have attacks that are blank. fyre's solution with the patterns, is the main saving grace when it comes to gear, and i am definitely thankful for that it is all chain like it should be.

@socal... it's a little late for changing my choice, since she's been my main all along.
  7. Dude Well-Known Member

Fyreflyte commented on BL and Channeler itemization in this thread: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/tle-info-seems-wrong.584386/):
  8. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

honestly guys, how hard is it to understand the complaint here?

the bows are avail, oops no they not, yes they avail, no they're not... okay maybe this bow, oops tank bow, lets' take away bows again.

that's been going on since dof opened, with just one quest reward alone, they need to make up their minds.
  9. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

I think we're all just concerned why this matters at all when there are a hundred better bows you can easily get.

This just seems like a waste of time/effort for a city timeline bow that you don't even bother wearing.

Pris two bow was best in slot until EoF, and now the claymore bow is best in slot.
  10. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

You really need to work on your thread titles. Every time this goes to the top of the forum, I see it in the little sidebar as the most recent thread (in very small font) and I read it as "Fyreflyte blows"

:(
    Chimeron, Cheallaigh, Drona and 3 others like this.
  11. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

they're not going to go in and fix the leather tank rewards issue, there's just too many quests etc involved... but at least they could fix the bows on the city timelines, so any BL could get something semi-decent.

really adon, this may come as a shock to you, NOT EVERYONE IS A RAIDER... even if they are, not everyone has the time/guild to do long lines like claymore, peacock etc... i know i didn't grab the bow when i did peacock, because i grabbed the sabre being mostly melee, silly me i figured i had the city bow to grab. i would have done the same for claymore, i haven't had a chance to complete it yet, though i've done the raids.

@Fyreflyte oops?!
  12. Atan Well-Known Member

They found a way to get your attention though ;)
    Juraiya and Cheallaigh like this.
  13. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

Yes and no. As a general policy I will never reply to a thread with my name in the title. (the exception being when I am addressing something unrelated to the thread content itself, such as my previous response)
    Chimeron, Dude and Cheallaigh like this.
  14. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

https://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/1642386209

We talked about this literally before EoF launched, this bow is easily accessible to anyone who runs Halls of Fate, you can easily find a PuG to run this zone. The Bow drops pretty much every time, I also just looked on the broker, there are several bows you can buy right now relatively cheap that are an upgrade to this bow.

The bows aren't very good as they are itemized. The only reason people are using the wands is because the only wands for some reason itemized at the moment are from MO. A better solution of course, would be to remove wands. But i've been fighting that battle since the last TLE.

With that in mind, Fyreflyte; it would be great if we got a wand or two added to maybe shard of fear and estate of unrest.
    Simparri likes this.
  15. Saturn New Member

Adonin understands your plight, but he's hijacking this scout thread to request changes to caster loot tables.

Alright then. TLE business as usual.

(But hey, #Adoninwasn'tevenwrong, collective /cringe)
  16. Saturn New Member

"A better solution of course, would be to remove wands."

Re: Adonin wasn't even wrong, case in point.

Clearly we need to delete wands, channeler, beastlord, and all content changes post current FG content cycle. #balance.
  17. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

It's a thread about ranged items, I discussed how they aren't itemized well. I was also talking about why mages are using the wands from the city questline yet scouts aren't using the bows, which is the entire point of the thread? The city questline ranged items are only good for mages because there aren't wands itemized at all in EoF.

A developers personal vendetta against them has kept them from being itemized, which is ridiculous.
  18. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

Nobody has a vendetta against wands. The reason they haven't been itemized any further than they are currently is due to time constraints - a whole new batch of items would need to be created, named, statted, and hooked up to loot tables for each new expansion, and we don't have that in the time budget for TLE. I sometimes do some minor manipulation of the loot distributions, but mostly the same loot drops in the same places, I am merely adjusting stats on existing items.