EQ2 Noobies looking for love

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Zworn, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Zworn New Member

Hail,

My Name is Zworn and I've been playing MMO's for a good while now but never got around to playing EQ2. I learned that last year EQ2 receive a expansion which blows my mind. I think its what the fourtenth one that has come out. Anyways Just looking to make a few new friends and find a guild for my wife and I to join.
    Kaitheel likes this.
  2. Feylone Active Member

You might want to put up some basic info. I know others will ask.

What server? Usual play times. Play style? Just some I've seen asked.

And welcome to Norrath! :)
    Rhodris likes this.
  3. Zworn New Member

Haha I guess you're right. Now that I think about it I should have included that info.

Him
    Server: Maj'Dul
    Play Time: Evening 9-10 or later est
    Play style: hitting things with both of my axes, I'm a barbarian enough said
    Experince: eq2 not much but I have played hours and hours of other mmos such as wow, guildwars 2, rift.

Her
    Server: Same
    Play Time: Same
    Play style: Shes playing an assassin so assassin stuff
    Experince: Played rift not much though
    Kalika likes this.
  4. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Are you looking to raid? Adventure casually? Or something in between? Are you interested in crafting more, or adventuring more? (Sounds like adventuring, but just want to check.)

How many hours a day / days a week are you interested in playing? (Not many guilds will make an issue of that - I think - but it will give some people an idea how often you're interested in playing.)

Are you looking for guilds that are very chatty, or very quiet? (Personally, I recommend chatty. Makes things more interesting.)

There are a lot of guilds out there, both large and small, that will be happy to welcome you to the game and help you gear up.

Welcome to Norrath. :)
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Welcome to Norrath! I hope you stay and play with us, though I'm on AB server (roleplayer at heart). You have lots of work ahead of you two, but I hope you have fun doing it! Good luck!
  6. Zworn New Member

We are probably going to be casual adventures as the more intense raids wouldnt be to much fun for her. She isn't into min maxing. I'm personally not opposed to it at higher levels but I know there's a ton of content so we will more than likely just be enjoying the process.

Currently we can at most dedicate 1 to maybe 2 hours of day depending on how fussy our little one is those nights.

As far as guilds go chatty would be the ticket. It doesn't need to be a huge guild but one that enjoys hanging out. We recently used to play mortal online and at the time were part of the fire natiozn. Mostly we ended up getting into trouble and laying the smackdown on opposing guilds.

Thanks for the warm welcome. This is far more responses than I thought I would receive.
  7. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Welcome to Norrath!
  8. Xianthia Well-Known Member

I misread the title and thought it was "EQ2 Noodles looking for love" wasn't quite sure what I'd fine inside :D

Hope you guys have a wonderful time in Norrath and find a great home!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Welcome to Norrath. Like Meneltel I am also on AB. There is enough content out there that you can play for a year and not even scratch the surface. There are many kind and helpful people on Maj'Dul that will welcome you with open arms.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Zworn New Member

I'm super excited. I remember hearing tales from a peer I new back in school of how he was crafting his own weapons and other MMO's just haven't scratched my itch. I've only been playing a few hours and I just keep wanting more. Are there any cool places I need to put on my radar to checkout?
  11. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I suggest you check out the lowbie dungeons with you and your wife (and mercs, if you have them), they can be fun to do!

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeon_Timeline

Do not die in Deathfist Citadel or your wife will hate you once you find out what is going on there...
  12. Zworn New Member

Thanks for the Link Meneltel I'll check it out.
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

Welcome to Norrath, Zworn and wife! I play on Maj'dul server along with a group of friends. We are all casual players/decorators, although we each have our own guild.

My guild consists of me, myself, and I with an occasional visit from my eldest granddaughter.

My friend, Vasciagio's guild, also consists only of himself. He and I both have a multitude of alts.

My friend, Ceyarrecks is on more often than Vasciagio or myself and one of his favorite things to do is help people level up, so you might consider contacting him on Maj'dul server. He has his own little team of alts he runs with, rarely splitting them up, unless we have enough people in our group for him to focus on a single character.

Fyuri is another friend of ours but she's been dealing with some health issues recently, though she is playing again, and her guild, I believe, consists of other members besides herself.

We would be more than happy to assist you and your wife in your travels and adventures on the Maj'dul server. My main character is Daemora, but you'd probably have an easier time finding us through Ceyarrecks or his berserker, Shawkakh.

There are quite a few nice people who play on Maj'dul server, so if you're more interested in a larger guild, and if either you or your wife (or both)are interested in home decorating/guild hall decorating, you might consider visiting the Norathian Homeshow Forums and post an announcement there as well. That's where all the decorators hang out at. :D
    Zworn and Meneltel like this.
  14. Zworn New Member

I tried looking for Ceyarrecks but didn't see him online.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

Hmm, where are you playing from? Looking at what time you posted the above, he might have logged off before then. Will keep an eye out for you tonight, though my usual time to log out is around ten pm EST, so if your usual time is to play that late, I'll probably end up missing you. I know Cey oftentimes plays late, but it really all depends upon his schedule for each day and how he is feeling.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Ceyarrecks is a wonderful person. I am sure you will catch him online at some point.
  17. Zworn New Member

Normally we begin playing around 9pm est, after we get out daughter to sleep.
  18. Himmelweiss New Member

I wouldn't recommend to use mercs, they are totally overpowered at lower levels and completly destroy the challenging fun factor of the entire content.

I mean they one-shot everything and even kill elites for you...

Me and my wife don't use mercs, they are no fun.
    Currently, we are level 25. A normal "tank merc" you can get in Freeport at level 25 has 16k health and does 2.5k dmg hits.
    Absolutely stupid, who thought this was a good idea???

It's a shame really, because i would like to level up a merc or two, but since they are so op and do all the work for me, meh, no point in using them, for us atleast.

So what i did instead is multiboxing a tank and a healer, my wife is playing a dps class, MUCH MUCH more fun and challenging that way compared by using the ridiculous overpowered mercs.
  19. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Himmelweiss, enjoy them while you can. My SK tank started losing agro and ability to tank about level 70 or so, she is better with merc gear but by 100 most combat mercs aren't worth taking along. Healers do ok, but can get lost in thought and not heal when they should at times. Hey, they are just sellswords, so I don't expect them to be 100% loyal and trustworthy, after all.
  20. Himmelweiss New Member

So at arround level 70 or so the mercs start to become somewhat equal to the player, or even less powerful than the player?
    If so, that are great news.

I am actually even happy about to read that mercs become near to useless at arround level 100.

Mercs should be able to help you out a little bit here and there. Nothing more.
    But at the low levels it is just ridiculous :D

Well that's just my opinion.
    Atm. i can't really enjoy them.