New Fallen Gate Expansion Release Schedule

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Zlith, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Zlith Member

I posted a version of this about 9 months ago, but I have had people trying to find the thread I made and I added in the dates for mid-expansion content as well.

This is not an official DBG schedule, but should be pretty close.

If anyone sees any errors, please let me know and I will correct them.

I added in what I thought would be included in the mid-expansion content based on patches between expansions, this is also not official.

Certain Live features may never be added to TLE servers, such as Crit Bonus, Mercs, etc.. that will be dependent on DBG, but I listed the features as added originally to live.

Fallen Gate Release Schedule (if exactly 12 weeks between and server lasts this long, added mid-content dates if any)

Original - 6/27/2017
    The Bloodline Chronicles/The Splitpaw Saga (Adventure Packs) - 8/8/2017
    Desert of Flames - 9/19/2017 - Level 60
    Kingdom of Sky - 12/12/2017 - Level 70, 50 AA, Subclass Tree
    The Fallen Destiny (Adventure Pack) - 1/23/2018 - Released 1/30/18
    Echoes of Faydwer - 3/6/2018 - 100 AA, AA Class Tree, Tinkering,Adorning,Transmuting
    Mid-content release - 4/17/2018 - Unrest/Shard of Fear
    Rise of Kunark - 5/29/2018 - Level 80, 140 AA, Guild Halls? (not sure at release or mid-content), Epics
    Mid-content release - 7/10/2018 - Shard of Hate/Veksar?/Guild Halls?
    The Shadow Odyssey - 8/21/2018 - 200 AA, Shadows Tree
    Mid-content release - 10/2/2018 - Shard of Love, Kurn’s Tower, Charasis, and 4 raid zones, Possibly Chronomentoring if added
    Sentinel's Fate - 11/13/2018 - 250 AA, Level 90
    Mid-content release - 12/27/2018 - Icy Keep:Retribution, Underfoot Depths
    Destiny of Velious - 2/5/2019 - Level 92, Heroic AA, 300 AA, Flying/Gliding Mounts
    Mid-content release - 3/19/2019 - 3 Heroic Zones, 1 X2 raid, 3 X4 raids + Plane of War
    Age of Discovery - 4/30/2019 - 320 AA, Mercs (if added on TLE), Apprentices, Reforging
    Mid-content release (if any) - 6/11/2019
    Chains of Eternity - 7/23/2019 - Level 95, Prestige AA, Loyalty system
    Mid-content release - 9/3/2019 - Cobalt Scar/Siren’s Grotto, Fabled Zones - Clefts of Rujark, Scornfeather’s Roost, Djinn Master’s Prism, Pedestal of Sky
    Tears of Veeshan - 10/15/2019 - 340 AA, Dragon Tree
    Mid-content release (if any) - 11/26/2019
    Altar of Malice - 1/7/2020 Level 100, Prestige Tree, Legendary, Fabled, Mythical Crits, Ancient Spells
    Rum Cellar (Campaign) - 2/18/2020
    Terrors of Thalumbra - 3/31/2020
    Mid-content release (if any) - 5/12/2020
    Kunark Ascending - 6/23/2020
    Mid-content release (if any) - 8/4/2020
    Planes of Power - 9/15/2020
    Mid-content release (if any) - 10/27/2020
    Expansion #15 - 12/8/2020
    Mid-content release (if any) - 1/19/2021
    Expansion #16 - 3/2/2021
    Mid-content release (if any) - 4/13/2021 (would be caught up to Live)
    Simparri and Fyreflyte like this.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Since Fyreflyte "liked" this post, maybe it's close enough to accurate and could be stickied at the top?
  3. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

I do not have sticky power myself, but if someone who does happens across this, I approve of stickying.
    I do want to note, however, that this is not an official schedule, and dates/content may vary slightly from what is listed here. I'll always try to post updates if we have to change things, of course.
    Toxify, Atan, Siren and 4 others like this.
  4. Price New Member

Any more defined word on Guild Halls?
    Peredhel likes this.
  5. Peredhel Active Member

I am also very much interested in the word on Guild Halls on Fallen Gate.

I am enjoying the slower pace and am playing in zones I skipped over or breezed through & am enjoying it. I miss the holidays, but accept that I must wait patiently and have done so for Guild Halls.

However, I have been told that Guild Halls will NOT be coming to Fallen Gate, even though they came with TSO in the progression. If the devs are NOT going by the progression, then these are NOT "progression servers". I need bigger depots and the other guild amenities, otherwise what is the point to being in a guild. Can group with friends.

Please advise if Guild Halls will be unlocked with TSO. If not, I see no point in continuing on Fallen Gate and waiting for the things I do miss and will need to rethink whether I play at all. I've been playing EQ2 since 2004 and always come back, but it might be time for another break.
    Pharone likes this.
  6. Fistpower Well-Known Member

We have had no official announcement, but if you look at what Kander have said about guild halls on discord, its likely we wont get them on Fallen Gate (he called them the biggest mistake ever to be added to the game).

Expect nothing, be happy(if you like them) if they decide to add them.
  7. Zendi New Member

I joined Fallen Gate based on the FAQ, which said guild halls would be included. I expect that to be followed despite an individual developer's opinion of them.

Keeping fingers crossed .....
  8. Kazooooooooooo Active Member

He's not wrong. They're cool and the number of things you can do in them is unlimited, great convenience for everyone, but it KILLS the population. The game feels empty when you can do everything in a GH and there is no reason to go into a city. Having cities as everyone's home makes the population seem like its flourishing, it doesn't give you the same "Hey, doesn't look like many people are playing anymore, guess I'll quit too" mentality. I say this as a fan of guild halls back in the day, I spent hours hopping around just talking to friends. I don't think that makes them good for the game though
    Siren and Breanna like this.
  9. Revekk Member

I think guild halls were a mistake too. Though I think Rally flags would be a cool implementation if they could be put in housing and cost a ton of "something"
  10. Atan Well-Known Member

The mistake was making guild halls so easy to get and maintain that every casual player could basically have their own guild and hall.

If guild halls were far more costly to maintain in terms of status and active players, there would have been a lot fewer ones and the smaller casual guilds would have been left out in the cities.

I never felt the game was 'empty' with guild halls, but I led a guild that had between 30-80 people logging in every night. So the guild hall was busier than an average city zone. I imagine the experience was different for people in guilds with 1-6 people logging in each night.

Originally, there was only going to be the T3 hall, but they caved on that at the last moment. i think this was a big a mistake as anything.

In themselves they were not a horrible idea, when they became a millennial trophy, I can see where it caused city zones to be vacated and give the impression to many players the game was 'empty'.
    Kalika and Dude like this.
  11. Zendi New Member

Lack of content killed the game, not guild halls. The game started a major decline around TSO / Sentinel's Fate, but I don't think you can say that was guild halls. Don't confuse correlation and causation.
    Armageddoux and Pharone like this.
  12. Dude Well-Known Member

The guild halls helped. One of the things I like about GW2 is that the cities are filled with people. Shoot that game is old and I almost always am running the newbie zones with other people who just created new characters. It's that sense of life and seeing other people that make a game an MMO, instead of just a big online one player game.
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  13. Mowse Well-Known Member

14. Kalika Well-Known Member

The problem in my opinion was to make guild hall such that they would allow people to do everything there.

I would have kept the broker only in towns and I would have removed automatic travel, but intead i would have made druid ring and spires activate each 5-7mn, mostly to allow people to travel even out of pic hours.
  15. Khieran Active Member

Didn't wizard and druid rings allow you to port from them before? I seem to remember clicking on a bush or something to port from a druid ring back when I played years ago. If that was removed, why?
  16. Pharone Active Member

I could live with not having guild halls if they added one thing to the game; guild harvest bins.

Just make it so that there is a Guild Harvest Coordinator NPC in all major cities (in the crafting area). Let us use it to donate crafting materials to the "guild harvest bin", and then allow us to automatically pull materials from it when we do crafting in a city that has a Guild Harvest Coordinator.

Having to keep your own inventory full of crafting materials to be able to work on rush orders is a major pain in the butt. The guild harvest bin was the MAIN feature that I liked about guild halls. It is also the one feature that makes me HATE the fact that we don't have guild halls on Fallen Gate.

Please add a guild harvest bin/npc/whatever to the major cities' crafting areas. My bags are FULL, and I still run out of what I need while crafting /(>.<)\
  17. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

We actually have majority of features of guild halls already in game, through the marketplace.

Training dummies, depot's, we have /house from anywhere (why has this seriously been on the server) to get druid/wiz ports, and we have broker/banker/mender in cities.

The annoying part is gating things such as training dummies, and depots to the marketplace and saying that they will not add a feature that was in the game due to developer opinions.
  18. Breanna Well-Known Member

You can craft the depots too, you do not have to buy them from marketplace. Check the broker on your server there may be some there.
  19. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Not on TLE. The server hasn't gotten high enough in level yet. Purely bought via Marketplace.
  20. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Sure in sentinel's fate only a year later that they have been banking on any crafters buying depots so it doesn't troll their bags with mats.

What he said.