AB = No Fun

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Schortt, Mar 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I'm on AB for the roleplay, and grouping with guidies or friends. I refuse to group with randumb players (for many reasons) so I never go LFG. I don't even listen to the channel, because I know they wont take me, so why waste my time and theirs by inquiring?

No, I am not against a merger or transfer, though it may end my reason for playing later, but I do want what is best for the players and the server, after all.
  2. Karsa Active Member

A server merger for AB would be great esp before we get to the Summer or I fear a pandemic of EverMadd is gonna brake out..:eek:
    Kaarkula likes this.
  3. Roxxlyy Community Relations

It's not that we'll never merge another server or offer transfers; that will certainly happen again at some point in the future. We just don't have any plans to do those things at this moment.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Kaarkula Active Member

Thank for being frank - its appreciated.

But just being honest - if its much later its going to be too late. The population decline (round 2) on AB started happening 2-3 months ago. The server was already the lowest populated server. Many predicted this would happen 2-3 years ago when the last merges. xfers happened.

So this has been something coming for years.
    Mindsway and Karsa like this.
  5. Karsa Active Member

I'm praying that we can get Darth Vader to alter the deal....;) .
    Many Raiders have died
    to bring us this information....:rolleyes:
    Summer is coming .....:eek:
  6. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

This story seems just... odd. Seeing as how NPU and Saints of Norrath both had developers raiding in their guilds for a long time who fixed all the bugs in beta. Or (in the case of Saints of Norrath) knowingly used an exploit on druushk that was submitted so he could get his assassin mythical. Plus Rothgar with Paradigm, Roger; who fed strats to second dawn....
  7. Tekka Well-Known Member

With the current decline across servers, merges are a forgone conclusion. The question becomes whether or not those merges will happen before even larger numbers of players leave the game because they're unable to find groups, guilds have dissolved from lack of numbers, etc - elevating the current problem to an unsustainable level.

Now really isn't the time for vagaries like - that will certainly happen again at some point in the future. Now is the time for things like - We see what's happening. We hear you and we're looking into a solution to be implemented as soon as feasible.
  8. Schortt Active Member

Roxxlyy,
    First off thank you for replying.

Ok the population isnt just light it has vaporized and is doing so at an alarming rate. In fact its beyond noticeable in the last month. It isn't the content that is the problem its the population. This is a social game, and with no population = no fun. I'm not sure but if I were a Dev and I read this I would be playing on AB just to see what I am talking about here.

The content isn't the problem, in fact i have overall really enjoyed this expac when I can get a group. . Its getting groups. Its PQs that don't fill up. I spend hours and sometimes days trying to get a group and Im in a decent guild heck people know me (Litekneen is my main now) and I am well geared, t1 raid stuff or better, its just In my guild we only have 3 tanks and so many healers. and they don't play all hours so I need to run pug groups. Something that didnt use to be a problem on AB.

Look in general chat, heck even the trolls are gone, although its not completely rare but people are hardly speaking. Look at the people auctioning things off, every once in a while you see a few rare harvestables come up. My bet is that you will even see it in the Krono sales, and eventually the ecconomy on AB is going to change also with people not able to sell stuff so they wont be able to keep up multiple accounts...

You asked what I want and to be fair I don't have all the answers, yes the consideration of a merge might be needed but I dont know. What ever happened with cross server groups by the way? Is that even remotely possible still?

Here is one change I think that would help with groups. Right now the serious players have gotten most the gear they need from heroics, what they need is those dang Rare harvestables at the end of the heroics , its what I need. The problem is they are no trade, so I have to spend 2 hours in groups to do 4-6 zones in order to get 1, there is no time for alts. I have a tank I enjoy playing but am working on Litekneen for raids, so it does me no good to run my other toons thru zones. Now if they were Heirloom people including myself would probably be more willing to run those zones with their alts thus allowing more groups to happen. Hopefully.

Anyway thanks for the reply. With you not even noticing the problem I am still concerned. Like I said, send some Devs to put some time on AB, you'll see.
  9. Ruckus Well-Known Member

It was Rothgar in Paradigm. He would log in at work to play towards the end of his work day. He'd see buggy scripts in Shadow Odyssey expansion as guild's MT and he'd go fetch his co-worker to see what we were dealing with in the raid zone. I was in error saving he was "lead dev". According to his LinkedIn profile, he was Lead Programmer. (This was back in 2008). I just know he'd have to camp to ride his bike home, and that took around 30 minutes. He'd get home and log in and go back to MTing.

His character is still on the roster of ParadigmZZ on HoF.

https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/guild_detail/4264946699
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I am sure he is missed. /mourn so many decent people who have left, for many different reasons.
  11. Kaarkula Active Member

I forgot about the economy - great point. (many are losing millions of plat).
  12. Fistpower Well-Known Member

All servers are hurting population wise and it sucks, with the exception of maybe Fallen Gate. You are extremely lucky if you manage to get a PUG going.

If the servers were good enough this game could do well with just 2 normal servers, 1 RP, 1 EU server and the TLE server.
  13. Kaarkula Active Member

Hmm maj dul is pretty solid and so his halls of fate... pop wise.
  14. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I have seen Ttobey log in many, many times in the past 2-3 weeks. He may not be a dev, he is the animator, but he can tell them what he sees. I know this for a fact as he squeals to them and runs if he sees me, he tells them the BROOM lady is chasing him.
    Rhodris likes this.
  15. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Ah, so you animate him to MOVE! Good work! Now if you can just chase him back to his Ttobey desk and start working on our Vroom Broom, we will all be faster off! *laughs maliciously*
    Cyrrena likes this.
  16. The Fonz Active Member

Merge IoR into AB. Keep IoR's rule set, and make it the "different ruleset" server. Then merge the remaining Stormhold chars that didnt transfer, and then finally, declare that when FG finally reaches "live", it will also be merged with AB. That should at least hold the population together and add a couple hundred more prime time players.
  17. quisling Well-Known Member

I imagine they will show the same foresight dealing with population that they have in dealing with healing balance...
    Meneltel likes this.
  18. JoeBoo Member

Offering a discounted year long subscription again would go a long way to making it affordable for my wife and I to renew our multiple accounts and get value for the year at the same time!! :cool:
  19. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Does any actual developer actually play the game now? Do they understand the issues the game? I dont think so, because if they did the game would look a whole lot different, or at least one would hope so.

Has our community manager even played Everquest 2? She seems to rarely stream any DBG games on her private stream
    Argosunited likes this.
  20. dakota New Member

i agree i see nobody doing any pqs i bought ka in august when it was still ok but i log in after nobody does them there needs to be a devoted npcs that can if nobody comes in i dont think thatd be too hard daybreak
    on a side note been playing for a long time came back during TOT
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.