Familiar XP table should be reduced by 250%

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Fistpower, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Gillymann Abusive Relationships Aren't Healthy. J S.

Yup, loot boxes are essentially unregulated slot machines that award pixels as pay-offs.

Pretty much the entire industry sells these things, which is unfortunate.
  2. semisus Does not play this game

its a novel idea this quest but in reality if you need to do this quest daily for years to gain a single familiar lvl im sure most simply wont waste their time , certainly not me.
    Increase the xp gained by a factor of 10+
  3. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Since the 22nd of February I have recieved a total of 22 familiars. Out of those 22 I got:

0 Ethereals
    0 Fabled
    1 Legendary
    21 Treasured

This gives me 3100 XP. To level my level 4 ethereal familiar to level 5 I need 260,000. So I still need 256.900.

So in about 1 month of farming these using the daily familiars wild quest, I obtained a wooping 1.19%.

How is this acceptable to anyone who plays this game?

And the worst part is that it will only get worse for each level I obtain.

[IMG]

Argosunited, Beee, Juraiya and 2 others like this.
  4. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

I got a pink unicorn today... that has to count for something :p
    Rhodris likes this.
  5. Beee Well-Known Member

It always gets harder for Daybreak to change it: If anybody has spent real money (eg Kronos or bought familiers) for upgrading, and they change afterwards.. the player will be very upset
  6. Nerkoon Member

Yes, question is if you want to upset one player or large group of them. As it is familiar leveling system is more or less a joke.
    Juraiya and Fistpower like this.
  7. Kahling Member

No one need be upset, you just back date all the XP, so those that paid krono end up with more xp added, maybe get a level they weren't expecting. As it stands I have no interest in leveling familiars. I don't have 18 years to wait to get one to lvl 10 tbh.
  8. Drackore Member

I know, right! I only play the game and sub for familiars. Nothing else to do at all...ever. Without that level 10 familiar, I can't even do heroics. I might as well just quit.
  9. Gwalchmai Member

In the first 5 weeks, I did Familiars Wild 110 times. The distribution is about what I expected:
    Ethereal = 0
    Fabled = 3 (2.7%)
    Legendary = 17 (15.5%)
    Treasured = 90 (81.8%)

I've been doing the quest on mains and alts and consuming them to use for their appearances, then the extras I am saving to eventually level my best familiar. I'm hoping to get one of the slightly-better-than-Eligas ethereal PoP familiars, but I'm not holding my breath. I have noted, however, that only half of the familiars (the first half of each tier as shown in the familiar tab) are available through the Familiars Wild reward. This means that I'll never get a rock, macaw, plumewit chick, or dollyzomb appearance familiar. I assume these are only available from the purchasable familiar crates?

Another observation. The two familiar reward crates I've received as random loot for doing various PoP weekly quests have both been Season 2 familiars that can't be used to level a familiar. Is this an oversight?

One last question: I notice that the ethereal familiars shown in the familiars tab are not labeled "no-trade." Does this mean that if I actually won a Sirai'Os Deathsear or Kero'Var, the Legion on an alt that I could transfer it to my main?
  10. Raeven Well-Known Member

If so, that would explain why someone on Fallen Gate server keeps advertising in chat that he wants to buy one for a krono. I wondered how he could buy it from another player. Not being labeled No Trade makes sense.

As for me, my level 70 toon on Fallen Gate did the use the krono to get Fabled familiars thing. I have a Vyemm's Protector which I got to level 5 by consuming other Fableds I got using kronos. I was quite happy, it gave me 53% potency, which on Fallen Gate is HUGE.

After much internal debate I decided to consume a Child of Vrewwx to get the Vyemm's Protector to level 6, rather than save the cute little dragon for appearance. I consumed it, it went to level 6, and....

The stat bonuses dropped to level 1. It is now giving me 9.7% and 9.7% potency, for a total 19.4% instead of the 53% or so previous to leveling to 6. My overall potency dropped from 83% to 40% (don't laugh, this is Fallen Gate server).

I resummoned familiar, relogged, validated game files, no change. Put in a petition, but am wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem?
  11. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

I have good news and bad news. The good news is this isn't a one-off bug that occurred for you, as I was able to reproduce it. The bad news is that the stats you're seeing at 6th level are intended. It appears that the level 5 version of this familiar is bugged and gives far more potency than it is supposed to. Additional potency for that level should have been ~7.8%. I'll confirm with Caith and get those familiar stats fixed up.
    Spindle and Meneltel like this.
  12. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

Honestly, they would get far more DBC spent from me if I were able to hand pick familiars and mercenaries I wanted, or well, anything that comes from a crate. But considering they stubbornly remain as RNG, I will never spend real life cash on them. My wallet and luck are far too poor to be spending loads of cash on this trying to get that one thing I desperately want. So I'll do what I can in game, that comes with my membership subscription, and that will be it.
    Meneltel and Rhodris like this.
  13. Fistpower Well-Known Member

Because the 300 CB group overcap makes so little difference..../shrug.
  14. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i know on FG, people are starting to do the familiar quest less often, myself included... why bother with it when i've only gotten one that wasn't treasured.
  15. Raenius Well-Known Member

Since gaining xp for your familiar is a continuous task maybe intended to last for years (who knows) I am quite fine with it - BUT what is not fine is the fact you phase out familiars from old seasons - Season 1 and 2 can`t be bought/obtained anymore by any means except the few remnants being available on broker from players who still sell them.

Suggestion: if you bring on a new Season - find a way to make "old" seasons available as well - my favourite would be: sell old familiars individually on marketplace and/or find a weekly quest where you can *trembling drums* CAN PICK ONE BASED ON ITS TIER (yes! - a text saying "You got rewarded an ethereal familiar!" and there is a nice dropdown-menu where you can pick the one you want).

Personally, I`d pay 10$ for buying a Sezaid-lion familiar directly off the market and/or familiar leveling pots.
  16. Jhen Ro Active Member

It's a cash grab - let's not pretend it is anything else.

I have zero issues with a company trying to make money. I've said multiple times I actively throw money at companies and programs I support... and this company has not gotten anything from me in months now - not counting the pre-paid sub of course. Make money to keep the people paid and the lights lit, it's how it works.

What has changed for me, though, is the manner of the cash grab. I think of it like, for 20 USD, I get 20 hours of fun. Or whatever. I try to quantify it, I try to justify it. I spend a lot of time in games, so it's not hard to convince me that I am getting my money's worth. I've paid to upgrade some ascension spells, since I came to class late and wanted to catch up. I've paid for Isle of Refuge transfers and kronos for ethereals because I main switched in PoP and I wanted to be as good at my class as I could be. These were one time, do it and done, deals.

With the familiars, not interested whatsoever, because not only is it ridiculous the amount of exp needed to level them, the time is not reasonable or feasible WITHOUT cash.

I spend money on in game mechanics because I am impatient, not because it is required.

When you make it feel like a requirement, the wallet closes.

Ethereals not required, I chose to, to improve myself. I knew full well they would not last forever, but I was okay with that. Same with ascension spells. I assumed these would get replaced at some point of course, but I am paying for the benefit NOW, because impatient on research and farming old content.

Familiars improve your character, and leveled familiars improve them more. Do I want to improve them? Sure. But I am not throwing cash at a familiar that will be outdated and need to be re-cash-leveled in 4-6 months. The ETHEREAL top of the line expac familiar didn't even make it halfway through the expac before others came out that were better.

So no. In my own personal opinion, this is nothing more than a cash grab for DPS'ers who NEEEEEED to be top of the parse.

And if this method is working for this company on those players, then good on you for finding a way to keep the lights on.

My wallet, still closed.
    Kheldar, Meneltel, Rhodris and 3 others like this.
  17. Jhen Ro Active Member

For what it's worth, in the spirit of constructive criticism in hopes of being helpful....

If you (as a company) wanted me (as a player) to spend money on familiars, the way to do it would have been pretty simple.

1a. Give me a way, in game, to max out a familiar in less than 2 months. 1 month if I focus and really try. Quests 45 mins each, max of three a day. Do all three each day and get lucky in other places, 1 month to max it.

1b. Now, give me a way where I can pay cash to speed that up in a reliable way.

2. Give me a reason to use DIFFERENT familiars. Give them interesting enough effects that make me want to swap them around. This one de-agros. This one adds extra hp. This one increases flying mount speed in plane of magic by 10% (25% at max level). This one ups the drop rate of adepts by 5%. This one increases exp gain by 10%. This one ups crit bonus an extra 5%. This one ups mining by 50. This one ups foresting by 100. This one improves chances at rare harvests by 3%, up to 10% at max level. Etc. Give me a reason to whip out different familiars for different things, and make the increase enough where it is appealing to max level them.
    Rhodris and Kari like this.
  18. Quigly Active Member

I have been tempted to level a familiar as well but with the frequency of new familiar releases and the fact that my familiar is likely to be outdated, it is highly demotivating to sink money into leveling a familiar that is worse than one I could obtain in a few months. The consistent cycling of familiars just leads me to ignore the mechanic altogether as it is impossible to know how long my investment remains relevant before I'd be compelled to drop more money on a new familiar.