How do they do this?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Peng, Mar 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peng New Member

Hey i saw a guild out in loping plains 24 people and they were all on autofollow. Now they are selling raid loot in auction chat, is it legal to raid with 1-2 people automating a full raid? I mean i saw them on mayong contested doing it with their main raid guild so it must be legal right? I am not sure how to report it, just report all 24 toon names and the times they do raids or do I do something different
  2. Dimek Member

They just do it. Today a guild group was in the middle of the ring event in CMM for the pants, when another group came in, all anon, started killing the ring event as well, snagged the name, then sat there and sold the loot rights to the pants, then left.
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  3. Fistpower Well-Known Member

DBG has not banned anyone for "botting" or "boxing" in over a decade because its apparently so hard for this company to know the difference.

The only banable offense they are enforcing are plat duping (which is why the HQ merchant were down for 14 days at one point) and temporary suspensions for saying stuff in chat they deem unacceptable.

Reported several BOT groups (NOT BOXERS) on Stormhold over a 1 year span and they still have not been moved to drunder.

That is how they do it, theres no risk doing it at all.
  4. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

We frequently ban people for botting, especially when it is disruptive to other players. Action isn't always taken immediately, but you should definitely report it when you see it.
    Xillean and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Peng New Member

Good to know. It is definitely disheartening to know they can run through the same raid zones with 1-2 people and get the same loots as people doing it in guilds with 24 actual people. It has been going on almost Everyday for the last few months, maybe we just need more people to report it.
  6. Kendra New Member

How does other people running raid zones to enjoy the game affect your game play?
  7. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

this more than likely is in a (Contested) zone,... where the best of human nature is seen,... :rolleyes:
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  8. Atan Well-Known Member

With a tiny bit of googling, you can find botter forums and read for yourself about their bans and drundering.

I only echo what Fyreflyte said, including how your play is being disrupted by these folks is the best way for action to be taken.

I'm surprised though how prevalent the bot raid farming is and how little is being done about it, but it will take more reporting spelling this out specifically before action is taken.

Personally, I have no issue if botters are out having fun clearing instances and out of the way of players. It becomes more gray for me when they're either doing it just to SLR the gear and/or using it as a means to gearing their primary raid force.
  9. Peng New Member

I agree, I would also add that when they use botted (not boxed) toons to lock down contesteds from other guilds, it's an issue.
  10. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

I don't know how they do it, but it seems like they would have to pharm a lot of plat to pay for 20+ kronos a month to keep bot accounts running.
  11. Atan Well-Known Member

Some individual items being sold are going for 8+ krono, getting to 20 a month looks like it would be trivial.
  12. BigClaw New Member

Atan how you gonna come on forums and talk about botting but never admit that YOU run a full group and do exactly what this thread is talking about and everyone knows cause u jumped like 3 guilds and did it in all of them including mine. You use Ogrebot to run 5 extra accounts and you teleport and use all the nifty tools the program gives you so you should be banned too right ? i mean thats what it sounds like your saying and grats on whatever you sold for 8 krono

PS i have the screenshots of when we talked at DMP when you would teleport underground to get the instruments so try and deny and ill post em friend

PSS you can look at EQ2U leaderboards and both of the top 2 are atan maybe more but with just the top 2 he has crafted 4.7 MIL items but im sure hes done it legitly
  13. Noname New Member

nice being called out in two threads...what's it like to be famous?
  14. Atan Well-Known Member

You don't find me SLRing anything or getting in the way of any other players. And while I know what ogre is and all the authors/creators, that isn't what I'm doing.

Bigclaw,
    I used /apply_verb to activate the instruments that the script dropped thru the floor, as there is no line of sight check on /apply_verb, just distance.
  15. BigClaw New Member

So crafting 4.7mil items and ruining the crafting economy is worse or = to SLRing ?

I say its worse cause your affecting EVERYONE
  16. Atan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where you get info, but Janita is not me. I'm number 2 from making arrows, and if you do the math because arrows are made in full stacks, I make like on average 20 combines a day, maybe 10 minutes tops of tradeskilling a day. I must be an automation powerhouse to achieve such numbers.

I have what 800k arrows made by full stack combines since launch? I don't think I spend even an hour a week to get that number.
  17. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Just gonna break in here and say guilds have been threatened with banning for using /apply_verb commands instead of clicking instruments/mobs.

The most recent case in my memory is equilibrium on that mob that required you to right click him in wing one of temple of veeshan back in like 2013... IIRC Kander said he was gonna ban anyone who did it, my memory is foggy.

This was also done on several mobs like the mob in toxx's lair, dmp, palace from tso, etc. etc.

Anyways, the devs know all about bots, who does it, ogre bot, isxboxer, cheat engine, etc. All of it they can track quite easily with a program zoltoarth made.

There is a bot raid guild on this server, there are bot raid guilds on live, there are bot raid guilds on drunder. There were stretches of time on freeport where a bot guild was #1 on the server, there was a moment on antonia bayle during CoE when a bot guild was second to only equilibrium selling loot rights to amalgamon pants and that guild got a slap on the wrist. There was a time in ToV where a bot guild was the only person killing cruor on antonia bayle iirc too.

/shrug.
  18. Atan Well-Known Member

You are absolutely correct, it was Kander that said that.

On DMP, I could have made a quick hack to play all instruments in .25 seconds, but that isn't what I did cause that is horribly exploiting and trivializing the content. Something, I'm 100% against even though I know ways to do so.

I'll be very clear of what I did, and while its been called out as something not to do, I'm happy to defend it with Kander if I had to. The person playing the instruments played 2 of them then the 3rd was un-clickable under the floor (a bug that has randomly happened on this encounter since launch and was never fixed). It took me ~20 seconds to build the /apply_verb to play it from under the floor which I did, then the person playing instruments continued to play the others. At the time I said I don't like doing these things, but because it was clearly a broken RNG script, I'd 'play' the one instrument under the floor. At the time since I was helping them, they were quite happy about the assistance. Since I'm not with them anymore, and particularly after I instigated the change to the botting platform to prevent bots from being used on contested raid mobs (something almost entirely was being done by them as well), they now look for any opportunity to attack me.

Again, that's fine with me, they can do what they like, but I'll continue to do what I do, that goes for helping police the botting community as well as doing my best to never impact players.

I'm not at all hiding from anything I've done, and while yes Kander said anyone exploiting a script using apply_verb would be banned, that was in reference to a 'hack' for a specific 'ToV' encounter that by using it was clearly trivializing the encounter. The workaround I provided the folks who now try to character assassinate me, did not in any way shape or form trivialize the encounter, as it took significantly longer to step thru than if the script didn't bug and drop the object thru the floor.
  19. BigClaw New Member

Again, that's fine with me, they can do what they like, but I'll continue to do what I do, that goes for helping police the botting community as well as doing my best to never impact players.

So you bot and try to never impact players but police other peoples bots because they arnt using your made up rules... Yet you bot craft and ruin the crafting economy.. LUL And since u just admitted you bot i doubt you crafted all those crafts yourself since you just said you use bots nice one bruv
  20. Atan Well-Known Member

Think what you like, I welcome anyone to report me, or send me a tell anytime they think I'm doing such things. I find it amusing, as it is no stretch that I don't even spend a solid hour a week crafting. To be honest, its not worth the time of competing with Janita over the arrow market and the vast majority I make are for myself or friends.

I make my plat buying and selling familiar crates and krono, I've always been transparent about that.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.