TLE info seems...wrong?

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Toggie, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Toggie Member

Recently returned. Loved the old school feeling of TLE. I have a level 28 Beastlord and SK, and I'm okay without mercs for now. I looked at the FAQs, which may only be for FG, but it says:

All TLE Servers (from https://www.everquest2.com/news/time-locked-expansion-server-faq)

Beastlords are locked to Age of Discovery and Channeler’s are locked to Tears of Veeshan expansions.

Exp08: Age of Discovery, AA Cap is Raised to 320, Mercenaries, Apprentices, Reforging

I think we're locked at "Exp03: Echoes of Faydwer". So my questions are:

1. How is it that I have a level 28 BL?
    2. Shouldn't early mercs be unlocked? I was going to have my wife join me, but some of the dungeons will require more than just us...and Stormhold has 6-20 people on at peak.

Perhaps I'm not reading the FAQ enough, but most posts are very negative, which I want to steer away from. I don't know if I want to start over on FG since alot of folks have mentioned that it's very "renegade", especially for crafting mats and groups. I don't want to head into a cut-throat environment when I just want to kick back and smoosh mobs.

Is the FAQ right, or am I missing something?

-Tog.
  2. Dude Well-Known Member

Stormhold is being shuttered and merged with AB. If you want the TLE experience, I recommend re-rolling on Fallen Gate.
  3. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

Beastlords and Channelers have been made available on Fallen Gate even though it has not caught up to the expansions in which they were initially released. Do note, however, that we are not providing additional support for their itemization, and you may run into rough patches with them (such as a lack of epic weapons in RoK, or sharing another class' armor set in EoF). In the case of channelers, much of their unique functionality came from AAs, many of which have not been unlocked either. Neither of issues things makes either class non-viable; it just might be a little harder to find items or interesting abilities at times - something to consider when making your choice.
    Siren and Dude like this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

Any news about the server merge? It's been a while since the merge of SH into AB was announced, but I haven't heard anything lately.
  5. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

I don't know when or even if that has been scheduled yet. If you still have characters on SH, you should have received a token allowing you to go to any server you like, so you're welcome to use that to jump over to AB immediately if you wish.
    Dude likes this.
  6. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

That sounds like nonsense.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

What do we do if we are now F2P and cant access the SH toons because of not enough slots and its for membership only?
  8. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

Probably have to wait for a server merge in that case, but there may be other options I'm unaware of. I'll try to get more info about what's happening with the merge.
    Rosyposy, Simparri and Dude like this.
  9. Medicus New Member

Thanks Fyreflyte :)

Another reason we are not using the tokens and waiting for the merge to happen is to keep the guild and guild hall intact as using the tokens doesn't transfer those over.
    Tabbyclouds and Rosyposy like this.
  10. Greene Active Member

I just want to say thank you for making those classes available. I went in knowing about the AA and Mythical weapons. And I do chuckle at my fury bonuses on shared gear, but it's all good. I'm just glad to be playing a channeler. It's so different from any other class out there, and I'm actually useful :p
    Rosyposy likes this.