Chronoportal Phenomenon Feedback and Bugs 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Kaitheel Developer

Ack! No more details are necessary. I'm so glad you all started sending out the warnings when you did, and have been so good about spreading the word!

I will be fixing them, along with signs, cards, scrolls and any other player-writable items I can hunt down, but the next hotfix isn't until Tuesday (3/27). Please continue to warn one another! I'll do what I can to spread the message, too.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

It might be worth a server MOTD for it. And yeah, glad someone mentioned it where I could hear last night. We have asked the Homeshow folks the help on warning duty.
  3. Kaitheel Developer

Hey, you and I were thinking alike on this one! (That's not a surprise, really.)

~ Kaitheel
  4. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

Be aware that this affects signs as well.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Today's update to Test should have included the player-written item fix, too. They should no longer stack, and thus no longer lose the text in them. Please be careful testing this, but do test it. See if there are any items that were missed, please!

Thank you all!

~ Kaitheel
  6. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

• I tried a couple different sage-made notebooks, plus the umbral parchments and arcane tome, and they looked good.
    • I tried carpenter-made signs as well as the hewn stone sign from Brewday recipes and they looked good.
    • I tried E-Day Personal Note and Personalized Frostfell cards and they looked good.

Other eyeballs welcome on this stuff, especially if you can think of any more exotic event stuff that I might have overlooked :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hmm...might have to wait on signs, books, etc. we can buy from the merchants or the Marketplace to test those, but it apparently only affected player-made items? Or at least, player-written-in items?

Uwk
    who has a ton of the Marketplace personalizable Erollisi Day cards on Thurgadin, still...
  8. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Items that can be written in are what we're focusing on. I didn't test all notebooks, just a couple low-tier ones, and a couple Thalumbra rares. I didn't test all carpenter-made signs, just a couple for a quick spot-check. I tried to catch several event-writeable ones, but didn't catch all of them, I suspect. I did NOT have any magic mouth items to check on those. :(

Basically, I ran out of spoons, so I'm asking that other folks over there poke at things as well.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Cool! I was getting set to do mine on Test when I'd seen you already had and thought it would be redundant. Back to work on my Sage! :)

And yeah, I can't imagine it would affect Magic Mouths, at least not to the point where we couldn't probably reproduce them fairly easily. Even player-made signs, for the most part, are only a couple of lines, usually (though Jexi's design for the TARDIS sign on the front door is brilliant, and includes probably more characters than a Tweet); if I'm really worried, I'll Notepad those, just in case ('cause I panic just when I pick up those [long before the bug], that I'll lose the messages).

But I can definitely see where folks would freak out (I would!) about losing pages and pages and pages of original work, tributes, copies of in-game mail comments (since folks can't actually "sign a guest book" in our houses), and so forth in their notebooks. Those are the most important, yeah, definitely, though I have gotten a ton of text in those writable cards back in the old days, before we had writable notebooks (or I had high enough level Sages). :-/

Uwk
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Tested Neriak, Freeport, Gorowyn, Halas and Kelethin magic mouths, they work fine. Same for Tinkerfest sign.

Picked up several, wrote down messages, picked them back up, placed them down. No problems.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Yay! Thanks! :)

Uwk