Beast'r Eggstravaganza Feedback and Bugs 2018

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Kaitheel, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Kaitheel Developer

That's not a bad idea. Keep in mind that the additional day won't be listed in the in-game calendar, but due to the holiday stack, I don't have a problem adding an extra day to the Highest of Silly Days content.

~ Kaitheel
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Last year the guards would point to a players summoned eggs, there were many people that would summon one and go afk right over spots where the eggs spawned frequently making it so nobody else could gather that egg. The guards would also point to eggs in the "wilds". I will try going on test but if that screen flickering that started after the March 6th update on Test only for me is still there I won't be able to stay long, it makes me ill.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Thank you! More than one person was already complaining due to their own holiday observances. I'll make sure to get the word out when I put up the preview.
  4. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

thanks a lot Kaitheel! This will really help. Especially thinking that some people will be away during the weekend to be with family and would miss it altogether. Might still miss it if they come back late, but they'll have an extra-chance.

I gathered all the eggs (twice) and got the achievements and all the house versions before the server went down, it's great! I missed it last year, probably didn't log in at all during that time, so it was discovery time for me.

It's fun and fluff, I love it.
    Thanks Kaitheel for all those nice live events you offer us!

And guards sure help a lot.
  5. Kaitheel Developer

Ack! I hope that's cleared up, Cyrrena.

~ Kaitheel
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thanks!! :D

Uwk
    Kaitheel likes this.
  7. Kaitheel Developer

Actually, I've been giving this some thought this evening... due to the auto level mentoring and level restrictions on the Chronoportal zones and our new level cap, I'm wondering if I shouldn't activate it on Test tomorrow, and let it run over the weekend.

What do you all think?

~ Kaitheel
  8. Kasa Well-Known Member

Good idea!
  9. Ratala Active Member

I forgot about how I found my missing Beast'r Eggs last year but my old brain finally kicked into gear. Use a guard and instead of typing in beast, type in the name of the egg you are missing for the collection. I just did all of them on one of my chars in Freeport and worked just like it did last year on live :)
    Juraiya and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

yesh, yesh ,YEEEESHHHH
    " Kaitheel" :):D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Kaitheel like this.
  11. Ocarinah Well-Known Member

An extra day would be awesome! It's my birthday on April 1st so I wouldn't have to eat so fast at my birthday dinner trying to get back to game to get things completed in time. :D

P.S. The category for this event when hover over it on calendar shows Erollisi Day. Know that it wouldn't be fixed this year but for next year might not be bad idea.
  12. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

No, the flickering did not stop and I am still afraid to change anything since it does not do it on live. I was able to handle it for an hour yesterday before it was GAAAHHHH.

I posted it in the thread Bunji created about anything unusual occurring on Test, but I haven't seen any replies or suggestions or anything.

As a side note, this same flickering thing started happening to my hubby on his account about a month ago and its happening on live for him. We have identical computers that do updates for Windows and drivers at the same time. We looked up the issue then and none of the suggestions going all the way back to 2010 helped. But if he goes into windowed mode it stops, it does not stop for me on test using windowed mode.
  13. Kaitheel Developer

Yeah, I don't know when it happened, but somewhere the calendar got bugged with Erollisi Day icons. That's not intended.

~ Kaitheel
  14. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

The housepet versions of the eggs do not "dance" when that option is selected. (Jeehi tested all 11, and he says none of them will dance.)
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Kaitheel Developer

That is another issue requiring attention from Art. They've been notified, and will hopefully have a fix for us, but it will not be in time for the event. I'm leaving the command there, so when it is hooked up it will work without my assistance.

~ Kaitheel
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Woot! :)

Uwk
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

The folks on Live are getting antsy; the in-game Calendar said the Beast'r event would start at midnight (12:00 or 12:01 or whatever am PST), and no one's finding anything yet: no eggs, no Eggschangers, etc. :-/

Most are giving up until after the patch this morning, but they're grumbling pretty hard about it. :-/

Uwk
    Xianthia likes this.
  18. Schmetterling Well-Known Member

Am I correct ,that a problem has arisen, because I can't find a merchant or any eggs on any server ?
    The event is on the calendar for the 27nth.
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

Seems like it wasn't turned on. I too an hoping for after down time. IDK about grumbling pretty hard (@Uwk) have seen the chatter in general and homeshow, most just ask if it's on and rest assume it's after downtime. That's pretty much the convos I've seen in the past two hours :)
  20. elflover Well-Known Member

Yeah if they are suppose to be in the city im not finding or even the merchant, unless i am blind and ran past them.