Flying mount without wings

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Drona, Mar 1, 2018.

1. Drona Well-Known Member

I am after a horse like flying mount but I don't want wings on it. Is there such a mount?

thanks
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Kelvmor Active Member

Unfortunately, no, though I totally wish there was. There are flying horse mounts without wings that are part of certain zones' travel networks, but you can't actually get them yourself.
  3. Kuulei Well-Known Member

There is, sort of. Flying reindeer which is available during Frostfell.
    [IMG]
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Drona like this.
  4. Korok New Member

You could use a flying mount and put the horse of your choice in the mount appearance slot.
  5. Im_Just_A_Lowly_Alt Active Member

I've not played in a few months, but if memory serves it didn't used to work that way. If I recall correctly, you could equip a horse as your mount with a flying mount in appearance, but not vice versa.
  6. Carynn Well-Known Member

There are flying discs and flying carpets. And the reindeer/unicorns available at holidays, though those can make you sick from the bouncing. :confused: There might be temp unicorns available through Moonlight event, but I don't know if those fly.
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

You cannot put a non-flying mount (with the exception of some carpets) into the appearance slot of a flying mount. The reverse, however, DOES work.
  8. Drona Well-Known Member

this is the thing, I wish they let us do this! This will solve my problem I guess there might be some technical limitations on their side?

When I am on ground, I just hate the wings. It ruin the whole "class fantasy" of knight to have wings on your horse!
  9. Drona Well-Known Member

This isn't bad but I guess I can only get this during the event?
  10. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

it's from frostfell, so yes. sorry. :oops: there's also a hellhound mount from NOTD that flies too, no wings. but again, event related.
  11. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Both in Lavastorm and in Loping Plains...can't recall where/if there are others. Basically, they definitely look like supernatural horses, rather than the usual.

I thought some of the "Nightmares" on the Marketplace might fly, but I can't recall off the top of my head. Must research... ;->

EDIT: Okay, just looking at the EQ2Furniture.com website on the mounts (after being converted to house items), it looks like most of the "horses," no matter how bizarre or like the "trotting on air from Point A to Point B" mounts they resemble, don't actually fly; the required level for them is only 1st, not 35th or 85th or whatever. :-/

There are fancy eel-like/snake-like thingees out there that fly, I think (well, "fly" like Oriental dragons), but I don't know if you could only get them by ordering the various expacs they came from. :-/

Uwk
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

According to EQ2Furniture.com, there are seven of the eel-like things, the cavedrifters (one of which has as a placeholder piece of artwork, I guess, a neon pink, hot glowing cube...Lera!! :-/), three of which you had to have the various editions of expacs to get, while the other four "only" need various dungeons and achievements to obtain, probably none of which you can do at level 35, which is the minimum these require. Which means one of two things: they're Leapers (which usually only require level 30, so probably not), or they're Flyers that require moving Heaven and Earth to obtain. :-/

Fortunately, three out of those latter four are Heirloom. ;->

Uwk
    Drona likes this.
  13. Lera Well-Known Member

The one with the cube has been like that since it was added. I just previewed it in game and it's still a cube.

I'd rather have that as a mount. :)
  14. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

I could totally see Lera wubbling along.
  15. Merriel Well-Known Member

This doesn't work, because horses are ground mounts. The mount system won't allow you to use a ground mount in the appearance slot when you have a flying mount in the equipped slot.
  16. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Which stinks, because we know they have animations for horses "running" through the air, over water, etc. (Loping Plains and Lavastorm), but if they did that, we wouldn't buy fancy flying mounts from the Marketplace. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  17. Merriel Well-Known Member

I don't buy them anyways, lol. I can only use one mount at a time, and don't really have any use for any mount beyond wings or disc mounts. I would rather spend my DBC on house items...although mounts can be converted...but they are too expensive to even consider spending DBC on to only be used as a plushy item. I haven't purchased a mount from the Marketplace in years.
  18. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Which of the mounts is a pink cube?
  19. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Never mind I see it on that furniture page.
  20. Lera Well-Known Member

The pink cube mount that you're currently working on making. Which you are. Right? Right? *peer*