For those pining after a broom mount...

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Merriel, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Merriel Well-Known Member

2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And the best part, the only animation needed would be like for /sit or /sitchair! :D

We already have various sorts of bathtubs... ;->

Uwk
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Thought "puffinstuff" was something smoked, like...oh, shall we say, Japanese maple (kids, don't try that at home...seriously, I don't think they're safe for that; it's the image I was thinking of)? ;)

Uwk
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  4. Dude Well-Known Member

I know the show didn't last very long, but I have fond memories. Billie Hayes, the actress that played Witchiepoo, will send you an autographed picture if you donate to a pet charity that she supports. Needless to say, I have one; it's in the Witchiepoo costume. :D
  5. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

The movie was the very first one I was taken to see by my mother....(yes, showing my age now).

Her broom would be a GREAT mount, and you could carry your merc in the sidecar....ummm....sidetub....
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sink? :D

Uwk
    Mizgamer62 likes this.
  7. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Let's be honest, most of our mercs need a bath... and so many of us also!
    Cheallaigh, Rhodris, Rosyposy and 3 others like this.
  8. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

Truth, I've been to FanFaire!
    Lateana, Cheallaigh, elflover and 4 others like this.
  9. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Can we see what you think looks terrible? Perhaps those that wish for our ultimate dream of a BROOM mount to come true might like how one of them looks....please?

Can use the disc and reskin it, surfing might look cool. I mean after all, we have a boot that kicks us in the **** to get us around.

I absolutely love that BROOM that Witchiepoo rides but I was trying to make it simpler for Ttobey, but if that would be doable, that would be AB FAB!!!!

Thank you Ttobey for listening to us.
  10. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

Can you feel the love yet ttobey!?! ;)
  11. Meneltel Well-Known Member

I would love to have the http://eq2.zam.com/db/item.html?eq2item=13c238db22f8c95d9c25a7054f84b07d as a flying mount. Its the same thing, for the most part as the Erudite transportation system. I would accept that (I have the disk in my bags for fun, if I'm in a Iraqi... err... Gnomish no-fly zone like in Kael. Just a thought I thought I would mention as an option, if others like it and its doable.
  12. ttobey Makes the Monsters Move

I think I posted the vid on Discord awhile back.
  13. Merriel Well-Known Member

I agree, Meneltel, I'd love to see all these disc mounts be made able to be used for flying appearance purposes. We already have the elemental disc mounts from the Loyalty merchant which can be used for flying appearance mounts...so I don't think it would require any additional changes to character stances and such. Honestly, I don't know why the same stances for those elemental disc mounts can't be used for the cloud mounts as well. And the flying carpet mounts too.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

And aren't there gnomish flying disc things from the Marketplace and the merchants during Tinkerfest? I seem to vaguely recall that, but I was just saving up cogs for a "Jet Pack" for my Tony Stark/Iron Man toon. ;->

Uwk
    Mizgamer62, Cheallaigh and elflover like this.
  15. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Doing the races during City Festivals at least 10 times gives you a permanent disc mount in a random color, you will get a temporary one with a specific number of charges before you hit 10 times.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Merriel Well-Known Member

Those ones are made a little differently than the other disc mounts though. My halfling provisioner rides the blue one all the time. I guess the stance is the same, though, as they are on the elemental disc mounts?

Still, both those and the elemental disc mounts can be used in flying appearance format, so I don't see any reason the other disc mounts, flying carpets, or cloud ground mounts can't also be changed to use in appearance mount slot for flying mounts, using the same 'stance' as is used on the elemental flying disc mounts.

I can understand the concern for other types of mounts, though, with having to change or create new animation stances for ALL the different types of character races, for use on those mounts.

I don't know, though...the Lavastorm and Loping Plains flying horse animations lend themselves to show that those stances are already in place for the different races if someone were to use a horse ground mount in the flying appearance slot, so it seems non-winged horses would be doable as well.
  17. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or at the very least, sell us the LPL (Loping Plains/Lavastorm) mounts on the Marketplace and make a few hundreds of dollars! :D

And yeah, a hunched over stance is a hunched over stance; if it doesn't have legs under it like a critter, why not make the discs, carpets, etc. fit in the appearance slot? Unless it's actually related to the deeper mechanics of the item, which could be the case. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.