***Do NOT Pack Libraries Until Another Patch! (3/27)****

Discussion in 'Norrathian Homeshow' started by Niami DenMother, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

A bug was introduced with playermade notebooks today at the same time they went stackable.

Be VERY careful not to pack notebooks that are the same base type (etched, rawhide, etc.) but different titles
    Be VERY careful not to pick up notebooks that are the same base type (etched, rawhide, etc.) but different titles
    Be VERY careful not toplace in the same broker crate notebooks that are the same base type (etched, rawhide, etc.) but different titles
    You'll overwrite one with the other, wiping out the contents of the other.
    It's a bug, the devs are being notified along multiple channels now, but it is after hours, so we're not expecting a response right away.
    PLEASE pass the word, far and wide. Sound like a broken record on /homeshow . .. repeat it on your server's General channel a time or two if you can stomach being on that channel, etc.
    I'd hate for folks to lose some of the lovely stories that such notebooks often contain due to this bug.
    (And thank you Smallcorners for hearing about the bug from someone and doing involved testing before raising the alert on Discord!)
    Juraiya, elflover, Kenana and 4 others like this.
  2. Shmogre Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up, Mum...I also shared this on the EQ2Wire forums (hope you don't mind).
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Mind? {tickles the ogre} now, why would I mind after asking for the word to be spread far and wide?

The goal is to prevent folks from packing up libraries. To make sure they do NOT pick up that one-of-a-kind tome written by someone who has since died, etc.

I know how attached people get to even virtual tomes, and how many works of fabulous creative writing are at-risk. The more people that know, the less folks will lose things that CANNOT be restored by a GM.
  4. Karamella Well-Known Member

Thank you DenMum for the warning.
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

When in doubt, I do a lot of copying of book stuff to Notepad and save that as a file, just in case. :-/

Thanks for the warning! Let's hope they get it fixed soon! :-/

Uwk
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Kenana like this.
  6. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

I'm presuming this also applies to any other player-written thing, like Personal Notes and the customizable holiday cards (Frostfell, Erollisi Day, etc.). :(

Uwk
    Kenana likes this.
  7. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

I did not test the cards, but as they work on the same mechanic, presuming is the right thing to do.
    Kenana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not sure the devs would think to fix it for those as well, but as it is the same mechanic, keeping my kitty fingers crossed that it'll work for all of them. ;->

Uwk
    Kenana likes this.
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Thank you, Denmum! I posted the warning in guild forums.
    Kenana and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  10. Kaitheel Developer

Ack! I'm so glad you all started sending out the warnings when you did, and have been so good about spreading the word!

I will be fixing them, along with signs, cards, scrolls and any other player-writable items I can hunt down, but the next hotfix isn't until Tuesday (3/27). Please continue to warn one another! I'll do what I can to spread the message, too.

~ Kaitheel
  11. Merriel Well-Known Member

I think it is absolutely fabulous that the devs are going in and changing items to being stackable, but I'm wondering what the process is, that they are using to choose which items to make stackable?

Someone noticed that Lore and Legend weapons are now stackable, but being that they are No Trade and a person can only get one of each type, why would they be made stackable?

Or perhaps they will soon be added to the Shady Merchant in Nektulos also, so that we can have more than one of each type? I can't think of any other reason those particular items would be changed.

Still, I thank the devs for making these changes, as it is a good change in the right direction for us 'hoarders'. :)

Thank you, Denmum, and everyone else who is making sure we all know about this issue with the player-made books. I would hate to have lost some of those stories I have from the Guide events. :)
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Amen! But yeah, I too have questions about which are stackable and which aren't. I was making a ton of Brewday stuff yesterday for the Achievement rewards, and I think (though don't quote me) the newer items were, but others weren't? It was very confusing. :-/

Also confusing is when building blocks stack or not, largely because that's one of the main ways I can tell at a glance which ones were from the Marketplace/Loyalty Merchants and which weren't (yeah, I know the names are different, but that can be time-consuming ;->). But if all building blocks stack, that would help immensely with our decorating, especially things like Tiles and Dividers. ;->

Uwk
    Kenana likes this.
  13. Lera Well-Known Member

Yes, please. This would be so useful, especially now that we can get all but one of the Lore & Legend books on the sage.
    elflover and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  14. Juraiya Well-Known Member

Kaitheel said in another thread that they're working on making everything stackable, but they're sneaking a few things in ahead of time because he's working specifically on some of the holiday items.
    Kaitheel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Ah! Perfect lead-in to this, though maybe I should put it in the Tinkerfest Wish List...on the other hand, it is applicable to this, in a way...

Kaitheel! Bud! Pal! Could you PLEASE make the various Tinkerfest Fireworks (Flowery, Foamy, and Rainbow) stack up to 100 or 200 instead of only 10 at a time? Please? Pretty please with whatever sweet condiment you'd ask for (chocolate sauce, marshmallow glop, etc.) on top? Seriously, while they are cool, there's only so many we can have and light off, and if memory serves, they also show up in the purple glowies, as well as the collectibles we're supposed to be getting from those. I've got mine in my Broker boxes; not for sale, mind, just to hold them, but they really, really, REALLY take up way too much room there, and while I could vendor trash them (I doubt I could actually Broker them to anyone else, who probably also have way too many), it would be immensely helpful if they could just be "compressed" into a more manageable stack. :-/

Uwk
    who has...hmm...
    20 stacks of 10 each in one container of Foamy (200; either 1 new stack or 2)
    24 stacks of 10 each in one container of Rainbow (240; either 2 stacks or 3)
    26 stacks of 10 each in one container of Flowery (260; either 2 stacks or 3)
    ----
    70 stacks of 10 each of various types, total (min., 5 new stacks; max., 8 stacks)
    Kaitheel, Juraiya and Rosyposy like this.
  16. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

sooo,... if I am understanding correctly, as long as one does NOT change the environment the currently authored book is in, the contents of said book are safe?
    I ask for this clarification because I have concern over the Norrathian Estate Library on Maj'Dul, and its >600 non-duplicate books there-in, many of which ARE authored and irreplaceable!

ref. the video tours having been done,...

Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  17. Smallcorners Well-Known Member

If you leave them on the shelf they will be safe.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Juraiya like this.
  18. Juraiya Well-Known Member

I didn't even know they were stackable at all! I don't think I harvested any purple shinies last year, and the year before, which is when I got LOADS of the things, they were definitely NOT stackable.

Going to have to go to the mules holding these (whose inventories are FULL of these) and see if I can't stack them.

Thanks for the info, Uwk! (pets the kitty) :D
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Don't pack them, don't pick them up, don't play with any in your moving crate, and they are perfectly fine. The issue is when they are moved to any container when there is another book using the same cover already in that container. As long as they're just sitting pretty, they're fine.
  20. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Well, they're sort of stackable now, kind of. They come in bundles of 10 already (I think; it's been awhile...they could just stack 10, max.), and when you have them in a Broker container of any sort, for sale or not, all the ones of the same type (all Foamy, for instance) seem to stack nicely, but in reality, check your slot numbers: if you have 20 slots of these things from your inventory and put them in the Broker, they'll only "take up" one line on the display, but in your slot number tally for that container, you'll see 20 slots have been gobbled up pretty thoroughly. It's like when you're selling a bunch of backpacks or strong boxes of the same type from the same maker.

Uwk