Clockwork Calamity Illusion

Discussion in 'Tips, Tricks, FAQs, and New Player Discussion' started by Goldoph, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Goldoph New Member

Was wondering if there has been any mention of making this powerful illusion available to people that missed the PoP pre-order. Kinda puts people who are coming back to the game at a disadvantage to other players with no way to close the gap. I am curious if they plan to move it to Marketplace like other rewards they have in the past. Thank you for your consideration.
  2. Athilles New Member

This should definitely be a thing. Items like this create an unfair advantage. They should either be attainable or taken out completely.
  3. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Unfortunately pre-order items are unique bonuses for those who pre-order a given expansion and, historically, have not been made available again. It's always [the tiniest bit] possible we could do this far off in the future, but we have not previously done so for any items and don't have any intentions to at this time.
  4. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

You misunderstand, I think. Rewarding people for sending their money in early gets you a reward that is INTENDED that other people will not get.That's the incentive. Eventually, in the next expansion or so, the Clockwork Calamity Illusion will probably be available via the Loyalty vendors, and meanwhile something more powerful will be available for preorder for upcoming expansions. That's working as designed.

And how is there an "unfair advantage"? We're playing PVE here, not PVP. There are many ways to improve your stats, from experimenting on mastercrafted items, to adorning, to infusing, upgrading your spells/combat arts, etc. Have you done all these things?
    Drona and Blazen like this.
  5. Goldoph New Member

Glad to hear that it will be available in the future . Thank you
  6. Roxxlyy Community Relations

For clarity, we have no plans to make it available in the future.
  7. Goldoph New Member

Well i meant i am glad to hear that I might be able to compete with people who have it one day....
  8. Athilles New Member

It's an unfair advantage because, all things being equal (gear, adornments, spells, etc) the player that has this item will have better stats and there is no way to obtain this boost in stats - no matter how small. This is the definition of pay to win and I don't agree with it.
  9. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

How does it change YOUR play experience for someone else to have better stats?
    Blazen and Drona like this.
  10. Athilles New Member

Saying that PvE is not competitive is a very naive perspective to have.
  11. Adoninilol Well-Known Member

Just ignore sigrdrifa, their just a huge troll.
    Zanger likes this.
  12. Drona Well-Known Member

I returned after 3 years recently and I don't have this illusion and many others but thats the price you pay for being away from the game for 3 years compared to someone who played during that three years!

If they make this illusion available now then many people will not pre-order the next expansions!
    Sigrdrifa and Dude like this.
  13. Drona Well-Known Member

PvE is competitive but there is varying degree of competition. If this item is affecting the level of competition you are in, why didn't you pre-order the item? Maybe you are not cut out for the competition level you think you are in?

It certainty not affecting the competition bracket I am in!
  14. Drona Well-Known Member

The boat has sailed on pay to win as far as EQ2 is concerned, its Pay To Win for a long while now... sadly this is true for many MMOs out there and EQ2 isn't an odd one out.
    Rhodris and Meneltel like this.
  15. Zanger Member

i didnt play for 2 years but retruning and seeing you posting in the forum makes me puke, i dont know if your a troll or seriously have no clue about eq2.
    Meneltel likes this.
  16. slica Active Member

Yeah please make it available for accounts that were inactive for 1-2years plus. I don’t recall any pre-order item of the past when I played 3 years ago that had an impact on min/max as this illusion does... missing out on roughly 1k potency is a huge deal when you’re trying to min/max.. would be greatly appreciated........
  17. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

I couldn't be bothered to sub or pre-order, but I want the same benefits extended to those who did. TANSTAAFL.
  18. Tajar Well-Known Member

I run three accounts, two have the preorder goodies, the third doesn’t. Toons on third account do just die without. It’s a nice perk to have them, but it’s certainly not a game breaker in the different between my toons. I’ve always wanted that white wolf mount from DoV preorder, but I didn’t play back then so I’m never going to get it. Tough luck for me!