TS weekly reward

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by chattie, Mar 14, 2018.

1. chattie Well-Known Member

I've just finished the trade skill weekly quest and receive two advance books weaponsmith 108 and woodworker 107 :( This is the second time its happened and should never be a reward for completing the weekly quest. . Just an FYI and something that should be looked into. Thanks
    Karsa and Kheldar like this.
  2. chattie Well-Known Member

OMG!!! Its just happened again so today I get 6 advanced solo books for finishing 2 dailies and 2 weeklies...Really? I think I lost on this deal the mats I used and the fuel cost far outweigh the rewards. Not worth doing these quests at this rate. I'm not a happy camper atm :( Uhm.....add another book as daily quest reward, I'm going to have a library before I finish todays tradeskill quest :p
    Ruckus, Karsa and Kheldar like this.
  3. Karsa Active Member

Yeah just 2 wood worker books as a reward...tbh I would prefer infusers than artisan books...or celestial material to craft asc spells, grandmaster/ ancient recipes, hell I even take regular Masters or grandmasters

can the artisan books stop dropping in raid zones off trash ...get your hopes dashed when you expect to see a raid shineY but you get carpenter book not fun.
    Daalilama and Ruckus like this.
  4. Gerak Well-Known Member

First, I want to thank the devs for providing a way for crafters to obtain advanced recipe books when they delayed crafting at POP rollout. Adventure loot tables was on ok stopgap.

Now how the Tradeskill Sigline is out and we have a way of obtaining said books by way of crafting. Please remove these books from adventure loot tables and replace them with Adept spell books and such.

Those that received TS books from adventure loot should not be further punished by the delay. We should NOT however remove these books from TS daily and weekly loot tables and punish future crafters by not reverting back to "normal" loot tables,
  5. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

No thank you. "Normal" loot tables include TS advanced books. They need to be left in as potential adventuring drops as they have been all the way through. Not every crafter will do the TS sig line. Many will do it on one crafter, but not any of their others because of its poor design. Adjusting the TS weekly/daily rewards by removing the advanced books and replacing them with things of value to crafters (see other posts/threads for suggestions) would be more appropriate. And by leaving the advanced books as adventuring loot drops, crafters may be gently encouraged to explore the world...
  6. Kander Developer

These are all separate rolls, so getting one drop does not prevent you from getting the other.
    Finora likes this.
  7. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Getting not one but two advanced tradeskill books for finishing the weekly is appalling. How on earth could that be considered a good reward for the time invested?

The quests remain tedious and time consuming, and the rewards are still extremely lacking. I'm done.
    Ruckus, Kheldar and Juraiya like this.
  8. Merriel Well-Known Member

I don't know, I don't see a problem with getting the advanced TS books as a reward. They are trade-skill recipes, therefore trade-skill related, and there are a number of other trade-skill rewards given out as well. Purified rares, Grandmaster and Ancient spell recipes (non-ascension), and new 'Artisan level 110' recipes as well, though I hate that they made them Artisan rather than Alchemist, Jeweler, etc and No Trade to boot. Oh, and surprise, surprise...you also occasionally receive a familiar cage, lol.

And in no way, shape, or form would I ever trade the recipes for infusers, which are not TS-related rewards. Not to mention...the TS weekly simply consists of completing three TS dailies...nothing extra to be done there, so it's not like you're investing any more time into completing it than you would otherwise do. I see it more as a bonus reward given out once per week rather than a weekly quest reward. At least it doesn't require a full seven days of TS missions completed, because there simply are some days in which I just don't have time to complete the TS daily. I am thankful they removed the infusers from the TS rewards.
    Lateana likes this.
  9. Nerkoon Member

Yes, last TS weekly rewards could be described with word junk. Advanced books which I have to add guilds mountain of similar books. Rewardfs like this make weeklies pointless.

What is the point of being stingy with grandmaster books anyway? Choke point with them is not the grandmaster books, but master spells which cannot be crafted and must be bought or get as a drop.
    Argosunited and Kheldar like this.
  10. Ghostouls Well-Known Member

After doing the entire "Fun" New Tradeskill Timeline, when it first came out. I have just completed my 3rd (Third) set of weeklies. I have 12 characters, so it takes 36 quests to do them all each week. After 108 quests and 36 weeklies, I got:
    2 Planar Grandmaster recipe books, both Volume VIII
    5 Limited time tradeskill potions
    adornment junk I cant use, and cant even give to my one adorner
    repeated potion recipes that once scribed the rest are useless
    and one sta crate
    the rest were a ton of regular and advanced (no one cares about) tradeskill books I already have on all my characters

Sux... We need to be getting those rare crafting components you are putting into the ADVENTURE Heroic dungeons. Not all crafters are adventurers. Stop putting crafting stuff in adventure areas, and start putting them into the crafting weeklies. Why can't we get a rare chance at a Tradeskill Familiar? Ultra rare chance for a Tradeskill mount? How about some harvesting or crafting gear? Hire me, I will design the tradeskill rewards, that are at least fitting for tradeskillers!!!

How about this, that feature you use to have where you could harvest a rare component in a heroic dungeon (now they are in a chest at the end of the zone), put this harvestable chance in our daily and weekly tradeskill zones... sometimes its there, sometimes its not...
  11. Wimble Active Member

I think about the only reasonable request there was TS gear. I agree getting advanced crafting books from a weekly is poor.
    Ruckus and Kheldar like this.
  12. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I suspect the point is, if you can't get the recipe books, means you are stuck researching, if stuck long enough, they hope you will pay with DBC 49 per day, per the amount of days needed to research the spell you want so badly.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

The recipe books aren't the choke point on making grandmasters though.. the actual master (which is the primary component) is the choke point.
    Sort of like all the books to level up accession abilities. Many people have lots.. but the primary component.. the celestial teachings.. are the real 'rare' bit.
  14. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

I have too many ascension books (& advanced TS recipe copies) so I just vendor all of them as I get them since they cannot be used without the rare Celestial Teachings which aren't dropping fast enough to make hanging onto the recipes worthwhile
  15. Murfalad Member

A suggestion for the weekly reward, since the orange adorn drop rates are
    totally random (zero so far here from any daily, weekly etc)

(1) How about a chance at a one use recipe for an orange adorn?
    Could even make the end product heirloom or no-trade if really necessary without
    unlocking the rune on the whole account.
    (2) Superior transmutation stones (Infusions of planes are really in demand),
    with a chance for essence of magic drops?
    (3) The bits of ascension scrolls for adept/master, they would be more useful than a 20gp
    recipe book, although I'd prefer to not see this as the regular
    result.
  16. semisus Does not play this game

I would like to see ascensions scrolls from last expansion since POP do not offer any chance for those
    lvl 1-10 that is
    Ruckus and Rosyposy like this.
  17. EmJay Well-Known Member

Advanced crafting books for the reward for a daily is "understandable" but way too common since the market has been flooded with these books because they have been a common drop all over Plane of Magic since launch. I'd rather get infusers. A few things to consider adding to the daily loot table are rare harvests, potion of bountiful harvests, planar mana, fragments and infusions of the planes

Two advanced crafting books for completing the crafting weekly is just a kick in the teeth and that really needs to stop.
    I would like to see a few things added to the loot table of the crafting weekly. A chance at receiving a PoP amalgamation recipe, latest tier Distillation and dilutions recipe, grandmaster and ancient ascension recipe book,, essence of magic, and one of the crafting components for the 12 recipes of the Planar Crafting Completionist Achievement.
    Ruckus likes this.
  18. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I'm really getting sick and tired of getting nothing for my efforts when it comes to the daily tradeskill quests. I used to run it 8 times a day on my crafters, only to keep getting advanced crafter books that resell back to an NPC for a few gold. Even if I do get a level 101-105 advanced book, that only resells on the broker for around 1000 plat these days. Considering kronos used to sell for 400-500p when they were put into game, they're now selling for over a million plat on HoF. Yeah, 1000p is nothing these days.
    Quillyne likes this.
  19. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I was thinking this the other day. All the TS crafting gear is outdated and underwhelming. I've done nearly every TS questline on all 8 of my craters, and they're in "low level" crafting gear from old content zones.

Tradeskilling in this game needs an overhaul, but since TSing is just an afterthought and they only made 1 effort to update the PoP TS questlines since they started coming to forums asking us for feedback. We gave feedback. A few things GOOD happened with that, but now it's back to /ignore crafters.
    Quillyne and Rhodris like this.
  20. Ruckus Well-Known Member

That's where they are making their money from this expansion. Folks will either pay Station Cash to upgrade their spells or they'll buy a krono to sell, to then buy their masters off the broker.

We raided KA last night to get updates for new members, so they'll be able to kill Trak for their 2.0 myth update. We had 2 masters dropping from nearly every chest. Now, we're lucky to see 1 master book drop in raid a night, and it always seems to be for a shadowknight, brigand, or mystic (and my guild does not have a raiding mystic in it).