PoP Tradeskill Weekly, underwhelming!

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kristabella, Mar 4, 2018.

1. Kristabella Well-Known Member

I, like a lot of other players here, have many crafters. Some players have more than one of each class. In my case I have 12.

I harvested big time, got all my harvests, in preparation for the Fun filled, Tradeskill Timeline, that was held back for a long time after launch, to "get it right". pffft

I put all 12 of my characters thru this TS questline. Got all 12 done, and started on the dailies. I completed the required 3 TS dungeon quests on each character, for a grand total of 36 TS dungeons. I completed 12 Weekly quests, and I got bupkis.

I got infusers, which should not be a tradeskill reward, and OLD Advanced tradeskill books which are a dime a dozen. NOT one Planar Recipe book, none at all, after running 36 quests and 12 weeklies.

If this is DBG version of fun, ducking and dodging mobs, dying while trying to tradeskill, getting crap rewards that are NOT even tradeskill, putting adventure rewards in tradeskill quests (infusers), putting tradeskill rewards in heroics (ultra rare components), they need to have their heads examined.

Do I expect that I would get a Planar Recipe book every time I do a weekly, no, and I should not. But 1 in 12 chance and nothing... yeah not right. Getting infusers and old advance books, and no chance at getting the ultimate tradeskill rares unless I adventure, it's beyond belief to me. How about when people go do Heroics and the exquisite chest drops give them a rubicite or dark ore for their efforts? Maybe give them 500 Celestial Coal? The rewards for TS stuff is not only inadequate, it does not fit with TS'ing.

For those of you that love it, I am glad someone does. This is just my opinion, and my take on it, I am sure others have their own perspective on it and are entitled to it.
    Pengana, Finora, Iuvili and 7 others like this.
  2. Beee Well-Known Member

Kander said a time ago: If you dont like it, dont play it....

i keep it this way: once and not any more
    Deveryn likes this.
  3. Drona Well-Known Member

I hate to break it you but you missed the memo. They have merged adventuring and trade skill together. They are one and the same now. Next expansion, there will be no separate adventuring and trade skill timeline, there will be just one combined timeline. Its matter of before we start to see Celestial Coal in mob drops....
    Rhodris and Kheldar like this.
  4. Argosunited Well-Known Member

It's almost like no one at DBG crafts in EQ2, isn't it.
    Finora, Rosyposy and Rhodris like this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

They keep this crap up and that's just what's going to happen. And they'll find just how deep the pockets of the "crafter & decorator" community have been for them in the past.
    Rhodris and Argosunited like this.
  6. Meirril Well-Known Member

Having some 110/110 content is cool. Not making tradeskill content for max level crafter that aren't a max level adventurer is just like killing crafting off. Not adequately rewarding people for the effort put in is also driving nails into the coffin for tradeskills.

Personally I think they should keep dropped rares very rare for the crafting daily/weekly quests. But introduce a crafting merchant so we can work up to something interesting. Not giving crafters decent access to their crafting materials is the same as making them an adventure reward that you need to go through an extra step to cash in.
    Argosunited likes this.
  7. Deveryn Well-Known Member

There is a thread in which the devs acknowledge the issues with rewards and discuss alternatives coming soon (probably today). Carry on, though. It's not like they care or are the least bit receptive to constructive conversations. :rolleyes: