How about making your recipes NOT use refined material if they don't need it?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by The_Real_Wurm, Mar 4, 2018.

1. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Had a few refined darkstone to make the Tome... HAD is the operative word.

Silly me I made the Rune: Planar Ascension first, which of course used the refined mats out of my bag instead of the few hundred normal ones I had in the depot. And no the do not use depot check mark was not activated.

Fix yo' stuff DB!
    Tekka likes this.
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

By default, combines always pull out of your bags before the depot.
    It does suck that items that don't benefit from refined will take them anyway.
    Deveryn and Tekka like this.
  3. Melkior Well-Known Member

I agree it would be nice for them to make that change. In the interim, you can choose which components get used in the combine. Just click on the change components and switch to the normal components. I know I'll be on the lookout for that now!
    Tekka and Rosyposy like this.
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Yep... learned that one the hard way in AoM. I feel the pain! Which server are you on, @The_Real_Wurm? If on HoF, I could hook you up with a couple more refined darkstone.
    Argosunited and Tekka like this.
  5. Meirril Well-Known Member

Has a few hundred of the non-refined, complaining about losing another 4 refines worth of components. huh.

While this might sound like a good idea at face value, there are occasions where you want to use refined like a normal rare. For instance if you refined all of your rares from Thumbra because it has a 100% refine rate it would be very uncool if it stopped working all of a sudden for normal recipes. Also its possible to refine stacks of normal materials and get refined rares that way. While these are uncommon circumstances, I think its valid enough to continue the current practice.
    Rosyposy and Dude like this.
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Put everything in the depot and if it pulls from the depot it should use the non-refined ones first. I will have to test this again now that some things have changed a bit.
    Rosyposy likes this.