Issues viewing these items...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ashla, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Ashla Member

When the window frames and door frames was added to our carpenter books with the tradeskill update,I made them all and can not view them or place them.I tried placing the sumac door frame but couldn't see it.I re-patched.I done a bug report in game. These items are the only ones I'm having a viewing/placeing issue with.

Anyone else have this problem?
  2. Unayan Active Member

I just went & made a Sumac arched doorframe & didn't have the issue that you are experiencing.
  3. Ashla Member

I have tried everything I know to do to get these window/door frames to show in game...still not letting me view these items..I can place them but can not see them..I can collect them from the items list on my house tab.Heck I got 2 discoverys when I made them. I have no problem viewing/ placing any of the other window/door frames in game...the city and tinkered ones. Can not view them on broker either. /sigh I have changed my settings in options..did not help.I have never..ever had any issues like this before.I really want DB to fix this.I have wished for these items to be put in game for a long time.Now I can not even use them.I'm upset!
  4. Impy New Member

You are not alone. I can see these blocks without issue. My wife, on the other hand, cannot see them at all. Made for a really nice argument. Something like, "I asked you to make some of these for me..." and "I did, they are right in front of you...." I'm sure you can see how that eventually went. I'll try replacing all her .pak files later today and see if it helps.
    Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  5. poohza2002 New Member

I had this problem and after almost a week, submitted a petition. It took several days of talking with a GM and finally figured out that there were files missing. Even validating files, cleaning cache files, etc. did not work. I finally had to uninstalled the game and then reinstall it. It didn't take very long to install and it corrected the problem. Actually, the game works better than ever since reinstalling it. Take care!
  6. Ashla Member

Well I tried what poohza2002 did. Uninstalled the game and reinstalled it ,but it did NOT fix my problem.Still can not see the window/door frames put in with the tradeskill update.I have fiddled with my settings in options and nothing changes.
    This issue is working on my last nerve.I'm about to pull my hair out.My main char is a lvl 110 Ranger and she quest, adventures and all that jazz..I have lots of tradeskillers and like to decorate all my homes and guild hall.I have been playing EQ ever since it was released..then started playing EQ2 when it came out..so I am not new to this game.But I am new to having an issue that I can't seem to resolve or get resolved by DB.

Keeps telling me...you may need to re-patch to view this item...well ok..I log out.. log back in ..isn't that re-patching? Or am I missing another way to re-patch?
    I'm upset and depressed./sigh
    Sorry ...but I just want things to work the way they should.

BTW..I also updated all my drivers and this PC I bought new 2 years ago and is a good quality PC.
  7. poohza2002 New Member

Ashla,

I apologize for not clarifying this in my original post, but I had to download/install the "full version" of the game to my computer. I had always streamed it before or just installed the very basic version which didn't work. Did you try installing the full game version?

Hope this helps!
  8. Keekle New Member

I couldn't see the new blocks either. I downloaded the full version again and it's working fine. Thanks for your suggestion poohza!
  9. Ashla Member

No I did not DL the full version.I just Dl'ed it from the Home page under download game. Where is the full version? Do I have to buy the game CD?

Thank you for letting me know. :)
  10. Keekle New Member

Open the Launchpad and on the left side under the picture you will see a small icon of tools. Click on that and an advanced page will open, under select game version it asked to install full download. I clicked it and in about 20 mins it was finished.
  11. Ashla Member

Oh thank you Keekle. I will try that. Do I have to uninstall the game first? sorry if that's a silly question I think I'm having brain toots...cause I am not very computer smart.My husband was the one with the PC smarts,but he had a severe stroke in 2013 and is in a long term care facility so he can't help me with this.
    Thank you again /hug
  12. Keekle New Member

I didn't have to uninstall.
  13. Ashla Member

poohza2002 and Keekle, thank you both for your help with my issue. After todays patch I downloaded the full version of the game.And now I can see the window/door frames.I'm very happy.

Once again thank you both.
  14. Keekle New Member

I'm so glad you got it working and you're welcome. I am so happy that this community sticks together and helps each other. It makes for a terrific gaming environment:)
    Argosunited likes this.
  15. poohza2002 New Member

I'm sooo happy you were able to get it working and very happy I was able to help along with Keekle!! I know how frustrating it can be. I normally don't post but when I saw your initial post Ashla, I just had to respond. I'd been hovering over the forums and asking in gen chat about it and no one else seemed to be having the issue so I finally did a petition.

Keekle, I agree. It's great to see the community working together and helping. One of the many many reasons I still love this game.
    Argosunited likes this.
  16. Bunji Developer

This sounds like some data missing on the streaming client. I'll try and clean this up for next week.