GU 105: A Stitch in Time - February 13, 2018

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roxxlyy, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

They've already gotten a whole mess of it. When you keep piling it on and burying someone in a metric ton of crap, how enthusiastic do you think someone would be to correct an issue if you keep telling them they are unworthy, not to mention getting it from an entire community. Sometimes, in order to fix something, you need to stand up for someone. This time, I am doing it for the devs. they got the criticism, loud and clear. Now, encourage them to fix it instead of piling it on. Folks are much more likely to listen to someone who gives them a logical, thought out reason for that thing being wrong and needing change and asking them to do so instead of yelling at them and degrading them all the time without a clear, concise reason. When you were a kid, how tired of "Because I said so" did you get? It wasn't logical.

Even without the tradeskill line, there was quite a bit there to keep you busy on more than one alt until it did arrive. Most people are just mad they couldn't do both like they were accustomed to when they wanted to. Do I think it should have been included at release? Sure. Was I aware that they no longer had a dedicated developer for the tradeskill department? Yes I was. I was more than willing to wait for something better than "not good" and bide my time with the adventure side of things until they had a chance to catch their tails on stuff. I do believe that they did the best with what they had for the time they had. They're doing the work of 2 and a half people atm, and I think they did alright this expansion. There is lots to do, and it's much more alt friendly this year than years previous. They even gave us what we asked for in the tradeskill line, despite it being late. We got an upgraded pack pony - it wasn't cast aside like we all panicked that it would be. We got a harvester bag dedicated especially for keeping our bags just a little cleaner. We got an upgraded Tome charm, one that continues to upgrade if you raid (incentive!) and maintains its relevancy for this current tier of stats. Now, they are working to clean up the inevitable bugs (features) that came with all the coding, that always happen. We have been provided proof in all these things that they listened to the community. Quit giving them so much crap.
  2. Marranda Active Member

I am sorry, yes dev's have, work overload. But so does half of America? Sorry but if I go to amazon and buy an item and it isn't what the description says it is, they give me a refund or fix the issue! So please don't say we have no right to expect less because they are over worked. My boyfriend works on flat salary and works 60 plus hours a week. So life goes on. They are earning a salary just like others. I have never said anything bad about them. But don't expect me to be happy that I spent 1 hour and 30 mins running the craft Weekly, to get yet another Advanced Tailor volume 109 book? Really? I do expect more than random loot for crafting. Sorry but I made crafters to take care of my Main toon. Meaning be able to make her food, and drink, make potions, adornments and yes infusions for my gear. Yet now have a very very very rare chance to do what crafters should be able to do? So no I wont sit here and suck it up, I will ask about it and that's not giving the dev's crap, that's me feeling I am getting the crap!
    Kheldar, Kuulei, Juraiya and 7 others like this.
  3. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Hence two rules of thumb for me:

1) I won't EVER work salaried. The "perks" aren't worth the 120-240 hours/pay period away from home.

2) I'm not doing this TS sig line until it works...if that takes until it goes on half-price sale in November, so be it. :-/

Uwk
  4. Mercychalice Well-Known Member

This states a different cause of disagreements. Certain things drop more often than is felt appropriate. Better would be asking them to take a look at the loot tables and adjust them for said items you feel don't drop enough, in my opinion
    , Celestial teachings should drop more often.
  5. Mizgamer62 Feldon Fan Club Member

If this were a charity and not a business that makes a profit, I would agree with you.

We pay subscriptions, buy expansions, kronos and dbc. Any consumer should be allowed to express dissatisfaction with a product/service if it is broken or not as advertised. If the majority of consumer feedback is ignored, then consumers will be unhappy.

Most people make an effort to be constructive when giving feedback, but if they are routinely ignored and are expected to pay the same prices for lower quality and less content, then after a while civility goes out the window.
    Kheldar, Moonfyre, Kuulei and 8 others like this.
  6. Iuvili Member

I have done the new TS line twice now and not encountered a bug or problem. That is not to say I liked it. Tons of tedium and too many hours. My biggest pet peeve (might have already been mentioned here) is the fact that the best reward is only good for lvl 110 adventurers. In my opinion that sucks. My main toon sports the refined version, but my other 8 crafters are 100 adventure lvl and basically get jack. I am certainly not running 8 more toons through the last 3 expansion to reach 110 just to be able to wear this end reward. There should have been a useful TS reward as we saw in previous expansions that any crafter below 110 adv lvl could use.......Even a spectecular house item would have been nice! (That awesome looking portal that we have to destroy comes to mind)

And never mind the now useless pony and GH harvesters. I didn't sign up to spend the majority of my time harvesting for someone else! They should harvest for us as they did in the past. The only really useful thing is that virtual bag.
    Kheldar, Karamella, Kuulei and 7 others like this.
  7. knine Well-Known Member

THIS 10 times OVER!!!!!
    Kheldar, Karamella, Kuulei and 3 others like this.
  8. Drackore Member

Devs listening? Hellllooooooo? Is this thing on?

Given the track record since y'all took over, maybe it's time for you to consider this siggestion (from another mmo, one that has withstood the true test of time):

A player panel to advise you on things like this. A group that can offer ideas and advice on how further development can benefit the player base and keep the game from dying.

It's obvious you need it.
  9. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Im pretty much convinced that this "tradeskilling" that you speak of is done in this game. The game is being funneled into one direction....adventuring only and this so called TS line is a HUGE indicator. We may see a little side nugget here and there in the future, but it will never again be what it once was. All those lowbie adv toons you have leveled up on tradeskilling? better buy some 100 adv boosts and get to work if you want to be able to nab those heroic and raid drop mats required to do the skimpy tradeskilling thats left. Really sucks, but thats the reality
  10. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

your one of the lucky ones then...bugs galore
    Kheldar, Argosunited and Rhodris like this.
  11. Iuvili Member

OK, done it 6 times now......still not encountered a bug nor a problem.
  12. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

luck still holding i guess :confused:
  13. Iuvili Member

At this point, I don't think it's luck.

What bugs are you referring to?
  14. Drackore Member

I didn't run into a big for the ts Sig line. I've run into them after the sig line for dailies.
  15. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Only bug I have encountered, aside from junk rewards, SolRo doesn't have magma to harvest for the daily quest.
  16. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

The wheels.....the ice block......the magma fishing....
    Argosunited likes this.
  17. Kawoosh Well-Known Member

2 20 2018
    You didn't run into these bugs? Which were fixed, 2 22 2018, after you ran the quest line "6 times."

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...pdate-notes-thursday-february-22-2018.584109/
    • The tradeskill achievement, "A Restitch in Time," will now update after completing each of the listed missions.
    • Aluminum orbs from Torden, Bastion of Thunder: Lightning Strikes [Tradeskill] will now be sorted into the Artisan's Harvest Stash.
    • Heated Clay Temper will now longer be sorted into the Artisan's Harvest Stash.
    • The Arcane Ocularum used in Shard of Hate: Eye Spy [Tradeskill] now has unlimited charges and cannot be used while in combat.
    • A Restitch in Time: Security Measures will now update after unlocking Meldrath's workshop.
    • A Stitch in Time, Part I: Security Measures will now update after unlocking Meldrath's workshop.
    • A Restitch in Time: Rebirth; Corrected an issue that prevented condensed magma from being harvested in Solusek Ro's Tower: From the Ashes [Tradeskill].
    The work around for Security Measures, before the patch, was resetting the zone or running it non-stop. Was resetting the zone your workaround for collecting the condensed magma? Or did you avoid all the bugs by running the entire line non-stop?

Has the "ice block" problem been patched?
  18. Iuvili Member

If these bugs happened during the Tradeskill Timeline..........correct, I did not encounter any bugs or problems. I have 9 crafters, and I started running the Time Line Thursday before the patch. I ran through the quest series non-stop with each toon.

If the bugs happened during the daily missions/quests, I wouldn't know as I have not yet done those.
  19. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

The ice block now shows a silhouette instead of just a few little sparkles. It's easier to set it down in the correct area now without having to try 10 times
    Rosyposy likes this.
  20. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

Just ran the tradeskill daily, A Restitch in Time: Lightning Strikes, for the first and last time. Way too much time and work for 4 Tears of Ro and an infuser. :rolleyes:
    ConcealFate, Kheldar and Tekka like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.