Essence of Magic hunting is driving me nuts!

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Anatha, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Anatha Active Member

I started working on the TS achievement a few weeks ago and have been trying to hunt down essence of magic nodes. I have talked with several guildies and others who have found plenty but I have only found 1 in about 3 1/2 to 4 weeks. I have the AA for mystical harvesting. I fly and harvest everywhere in different instances of PoM and still nothing. I know it is RNG but this is getting ridiculous. It will be the one thing that prevents me from getting the achievement done because I just don't have the plat to buy all I need at 600k+ per. I don't know what to do. I wear all my harvesting stuff. The one I did find, I wasn't wearing any of that. Is there any other trick to getting these to pop for people? Staying in the same area and waiting for regular nodes to repop over and over, harvest them and then pray it pops? I know I am not alone in this but it just seems frustrating that some people trip over them constantly and others can't find them at all.
  2. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I just make a circuit around the edge of the entire area from leaping off the edge of the spires and going down to where the slugs are and all the way around.

I have found 6 doing this. Hubby has found at least 8 without even looking.

I am Irish, from Dublin, but I have 0 luck, and the RNG cackles when it sees me coming as it hates me and defeats me every time.
    Rhodris likes this.
  3. Anatha Active Member

I have been doing that every day. I usually make 2 passes around the outer edge. That is where I found the one and only node I harvested.
  4. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

I also found one in the Aetherscar itself (it blended in, so I only found it by mousing over and the cursor turning to a hand).
    Snikkety and Rosyposy like this.
  5. Beren New Member

Be aware that they can also spawn underwater.
  6. semisus Does not play this game

i had a friend get one earlier from one of the harvesting quests as a reward.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Iuvili Member

I have 2, and those came from plucking my Frontier Garden plant.....Not found even one in PoM.
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I mouse around as well and tab continually then turn a bit and tab some more. I never even knew what they looked like and then saw one just sitting there on the ground, the look like a little tiny crystal of Aetherscar, that made it easier to find as once I have been someplace a couple of times, my eyes will jump to things that were not there previously. (little piece of fluff on the rug, what the heck is that it wasn't there before, oh its a little piece of fluff)
    Rhodris and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Anaogi Well-Known Member

They will VERY occasionally turn up in reward boxes for the new harvesting missions...that's how I got my first ever...
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Keep tabbing everywhere. I’ve found 4 in the water.
  11. Anatha Active Member

Does it require a toon to have finished the TS timeline in order to get one from the plant? I still have 6 toons to get through the timeline but I do check all 9 toons plants every day.
  12. Melkior Well-Known Member

No. I got them before the TS line was introduced.
  13. Azian Well-Known Member

Unless I'm missing something and there is some other TS achievement, you don't need essences of magic for it. I'm assuming you are referring to the TS mount from making the items using the mats harvested out of heroic zones. None of that requires having any essence of magic items.

You do get the recipe books for making the orange adornments ie. Rune of Glory V by completing the 3 combines in each of the heroic groups of zone (Innovation, Disease, Sol Ro, Torden) but those recipe books are really part of the reward and not part of getting the achievement or the mount itself. Making the orange runes does require an Essence of Magic. Again, that's separate from the achievement and mount though.

I've gotten one essence from my plants (6 harvested daily) and 2 by dumb luck out harvesting in PoM. The first happened to be next to a node I had tracked to. The 2nd was when I was flying around doing the Overland namer weekly quest on a character that does not have tracking. This meant I was spamming the tab target pretty hard and happened to tab onto an Essence of Magic node. It actually took me a bit to find it since I had tabbed away and it ended up being in the top of a tree.
  14. Anatha Active Member

Yeah, I realize I won't need the essences to complete the achievement to get the mount. However, if I want the actual runes, I will need them. There are 4 runes so I guess I would need at least 4 essences.
  15. Anatha Active Member

Last night after raid, I went out on my main and did a couple of passes around the outside rim of PoM. I finally stumbled on to another essence of magic. It was in the NE section of the map. The East section was where I found my first one. At least I know now that I still can see them. Just need one more (need 4 total for runes, guildie was kind enough to give one to me), I believe, so I am ready to make the orange runes for me when I complete the achievement or if I get all the pieces parts for one, can have someone else make me one. It is still frustrating how long it took me to find just 2 of these things, while some people seem to trip over them constantly.
  16. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

And you have the 400 infusions needed? That is the number for 4 oranges, right? If you do, please pass along any pointers you have on getting more
  17. Jhen Ro Active Member

Run an obscene amount of zones, to be honest. Have 2 toons with all 4 of the orange 5's each. 800 infusions there alone. I pumped my transmuting as high as I could and muted all the legendary stuff. So very many solo zones. Also from random fableds from doing heroics. I know I bought a handful before their price went up when the 100 requirement was introduced, but that was 25 or less if memory serves. Rest have been solos primarily.

Not a fast process, but it works.
    ConcealFate likes this.
  18. Anatha Active Member

Still working on the infusions. Won't happen overnight. I am disappointed that they changed the amounts needed for the infusions vs the frags. Why give us those things to mute to get more frags when they planned on upping the infusions instead. Now I have plenty of frags but lack the infusions.
  19. Nerkoon Member

Devs should just change Essence of Magic node to look like random normal node. That would prevent cherry picking.