RO/VC and Dagger Storm

Discussion in 'Scouts' started by Sowy, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Sowy Active Member

Has anybody noticed that the new change to DS seems to not allow DS' damage to count towards RO generation anymore? DS used to be one of the best ways to get a good charge and every hit actually counted (when most multi-hit things didn't count beyond the first hit)

Any active bards that actually do a lot of tests know for sure?
  2. Sowy Active Member

[IMG]
    Ok, so I did a quick parse to show what I'm talking about here. As you already know VC is 6% of qualifying damage done during RO. In the top parse you see the recorded period of the RO showing one primary hit (and its MA/Flurry) and one offhand hit (and it's MA/flurry) and the procs. Procs/Flurry/MA don't count so i've highlighted those numbers with red/blue accordingly. The only damage that SHOULD count is shown in green.

The second parse is the VC that was created out of the first RO parse.

The excel snip at the bottom shows you that in theory this VC should have been 136m with that dagger storm hit included. Instead it only counted the primary/secondary hit and skipped the DS hit. DS *USED* to count before this recent change and it was a primary hitter for RO charge.
  3. Brightlyz Active Member

Haven't played bard since AoM but in that xpac it was only the initial hit counting iirc Do you have any parses that show it actually counting all hits?
  4. Sowy Active Member

I did. They aren't saved anymore and the forums I posted are gone. It was one of the things I confirmed before. In any event even for argument sake if we both agreed only the first hit counted .... NONE of it counts now.
  5. Sowy Active Member

I really thought there would be more interest in this thread from bards... or are people happy with this?
  6. SteveB Active Member

Normally you use other spells on RO to charge up.... Use Daggerstorm on your VC to deal more damage ;)
  7. Sowy Active Member

Are you sure it even procs VC anymore? I haven't tested it since the change but I wouldn't doubt it if they ruined that too.
  8. Azian Well-Known Member

I haven't been playing my bard much at all of late. Been focused on my main. I did a couple quick tests based upon your thread though and found that you are right, DS does not charge the RO at all now. I did NOT test to make sure that DS would proc a VC hit. I would hope it would do that at least.

I'd call this a pretty annoying nerf. DS was one of the only good non-ascension abilities for charging before the change.

Edit to add: The way I tested was to turn off auto attack completely. Engage the dummy. Cast RO followed by DS and nothing else. Then I cast VC after the charge period ended and went about attacking the mob. Zero VC hits even registered after I stopped combat and reviewed. (Daggerstorm was on the parse just to be clear that I actually hit with it.)
    Songwind and Kheldar like this.
  9. Taiyla Active Member

Thanks for sharing. I will now revise my casting order for recording.
  10. Earar Well-Known Member

did u all report it and asked on discord too ?
  11. Songwind Member

No people are not happy with it but I think a lot of people have stop playing Dirges and Troubs since DB has trashed them in this expansion. Dagger Storm use to be outstanding now its range has been cut way back, damage done decreased, works some of the time and so on. There is so much wrong with Dirges they are almost useless anymore. I raided a Dirge as my main up through KA, now I am only keeping it around since I have so much time invested in it.
  12. Sowy Active Member

I've necro'd this thread to the top. I'm about to dig my bard up from the same graveyard and wondering if this was ever fixed or if it pretty much went unnoticed?

Does DS still *not* count towards RO?
  13. Arieva Well-Known Member

I checked it a few weeks back and it still doesnt count towards RO
  14. Sowy Active Member

Is there just not enough bards anymore for this to be a big enough issue?
  15. bonzo4880 New Member

So would you use DS during the charge-up of RO or after you use VC?
  16. bonzo4880 New Member

Wow!!!! My main has been a Dirge for years and years.... I still see groups needing dirges. I've never worried much about DPS, just more about Debuffing and rezzing. Is there some other class worth playing?
  17. Othella New Member

18. Sowy Active Member

You don't necessarily need to worry about individual DPS although it never hurts and helps with RO charge. Worry more dps you bring to the group (debuffs, procs, songs)

RO/VC was a large part about what makes a bard even a bard. In it's current state it seems to be a joke. I'm doing some new parses to see what counts and what doesn't count and I'll post again here with any new findings.
  19. Bhayar Well-Known Member

As I've discovered in this xpac, power feeding is critical and my dirge can handle that in a left side prestige spec. With the debuffing, rez capability and buffing players, I find the dirge fun to play and a valued asset in groups.