Stop full download...

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by lalluna, Feb 17, 2018.

1. lalluna Member

I need to stop full download because I don't have enough space, and play button does not show up only retry...
    I asked this before but did not get answer, how do I stop full download?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  2. Halinthial New Member

Have you tried deleting the launchpad cache?
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and lalluna like this.
  3. Monkybones Member

If you don't have enough space to install the game you won't be able to play the game. You're going to either have to delete some things on the drive, install to another drive that has the space available, or buy a larger drive.

Good luck.
  4. lalluna Member

thank you very much =)
  5. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

How well does the game do on external hard drives?

Uwk
    who's not terribly tech-savvy, it must be said
  6. Kheldar Active Member

It runs fine off of an external drive, either NAS or USB. The lag and bottlenecks aren't so much from accessing the files, it's just an ancient engine developed with the wrong assumption of where processor technology was going.

You don't even have to have it run from "Program Files", or any other specific directory. I launch it off of a "Games\EQ2" directory on my network drive. Can even run multiple instances from the same directory.
  7. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Sweet! :D

And yeah, I remember that discussion...when SOE (or maybe it was SONY, or its influence ["Betamax rulez!"]) thought something like everything would be CPU-based; that the other things like sound and video cards wouldn't have any affect, say, or separate capabilities (mother boards?) of their own; and that CPUs would stay single core and be able to get up to like double-digit GHz or so. Talk about betting on the wrong horse... :-/

Uwk
  8. Monkybones Member

What Kheldar said.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Cool! :)

Uwk
    who often runs into the, "Some people just type faster...sigh" sort of thing ;)