Ok i tried it out

Discussion in 'General TLE Discussion' started by Tharrakor, Feb 11, 2018.

1. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Shame on me I know I know. Despite its current p2w model I decided to come back and try the FG server. It feels smoother then stormhold did, xp is better tuned both from quests and kills so far. General chat seems busy and I see grps forming for many different zones. This warms my heart a bit. I tried it now and I'm enjoying it.

Off topic: My templars Mitigation grp buff is supposed to give max HP as well as mitigation but it doesn't, is this a bug or a "balance" thing?
  2. Sixgauge Well-Known Member

Welcome back, I also find this server to be better than SH so far. Which it should be... after all it would be pretty bad if FG was worse than SH like they didn't learn nothin. I don't know anything about clerics, but I seem to remember people saying an inquistor mit and dps buff was not applying dps... /bug it in game maybe they'll look at it.
  3. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

I have many questions, i havent played this game for a year and id like to read up on updates and changes made on FG compared to Stormhold server. The update notes on this forum specifically says (Live). Does anyone know anything that happens on FG?

For example, i am noticing a change in autoattack dmg on my fighter compared to when i was playing on Stormhold on the lower lvls. Have autoattack been tampered with?

People tell me in game that i shouldnt play bruiser, my favourite class. I ask them why and they tell me because they suck and i would be "nerfing" myself by playing one. But nobody can tell me why. WHY?! lol

My templars buff dont give HP like it says it should, why not? Where can i read up on stuff like this? What other classes are stealth nerfed?

I read that scouts struggle to keep up with mages. Again, autoattack been nerfed?

SK heals nerfed? See i want to know stuff like this before i start wasting time on characters that are not what they are supposed or what they have been when i was playing.
  4. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

a few updates ago, yeah they did autoattack for live and of course it carried over...
    Tharrakor likes this.
  5. Tominator Member

Disclaimer - I'm a casual grouper, and don't spend much time at end game.

That aside, I LOVE playing my bruiser. Are they gimped? No idea, but I don't have problems getting groups. I think they may have to work a little harder to maintain aggro as tanks, but I love playing mine. If you love playing the class, play it!
    Cheallaigh likes this.
  6. Carynn Well-Known Member

I think people say to avoid it because monks end up getting better things with AAs between the two classes at current/upcoming levels. Also, bruisers really aren't wanted on raids because they don't do much other than FD traps, though our bruiser can hold aggro pretty well and has mastered the art of kiting. That being said, if you don't plan to raid, play a bruiser. They are wanted to tank groups.

Most of the classes you'll find have been stealth nerfed and then half-heartedly fixed. Speaking from personal experience, Inqs had to beg to get a spell fixed when it was stealth nerfed pre-KoS release. Atm, sorcerers blow everything out of the water in terms of DPS, and channelers are teh shizzle as healers. Shamans had wards messed up and only this week had gotten a fix. Basically, don't expect the class to be the same as it was on SH or live back in the day, other than an "in general" type of way. TLE is the bastard child and players continuously beg for some love that mostly falls on deaf ears.
    Tominator and Cheallaigh like this.
  7. Tharrakor Well-Known Member

Ty guys. With auto attack nerfed I've decided to play Templar and warlock and not touching Fighters at all.
  8. Jokael New Member

Wasn't auto attack only nerfd on Priests and Mages?
  9. Ratface Member

Nope Auto-attack was changed sometime during SF on Stormhold, about the same time they brought in combat mitigation.
    Jokael likes this.
  10. Carynn Well-Known Member

Yes, wand/ranged auto attack was nerfed a few patches ago for Priests/Mages. Dropped about 30-40 dps points. It might not seem like a lot, but when you're trying to kill trash quicker than molasses, every dps point counts.
    Jokael and Cheallaigh like this.