Why are servers down?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Mindsway, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I logged in about half an hour ago and saw that servers were coming down. I see nothing in announcements or patch notes, any ideas on why they're doing this now? Usually it's pretty serious when they do this in the middle of the day, but then again nothing would surprise me at this point.
  2. Steelviper Active Member

Ninja patching. Players are not required to know what they fix, usually something we won't be happy about after it's done.
    Argosunited and Mindsway like this.
  3. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

at the specific time of :16m after the hour, kinda feels like something would have finally finished compiling, or uploading, and be ready for implementation,... just a guess on my part however.
    Mindsway likes this.
  4. Mindsway Well-Known Member

I hope you're right.
  5. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I believe it is a fix for the Plane of Innovation Tradeskill Instance for Part 1 of the Tradeskill sig line *crosses fingers*
    Rosyposy likes this.
  6. Mizri Active Member

Adding actual tradeskill rewards to the tradeskill sig line perhaps?
    Argosunited likes this.
  7. Erssoli New Member

Typically they don't pull the servers down without warning for normal fixes. My guess is something was being exploited...
    Mindsway likes this.
  8. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Its probably the problems they are having with the PQs, not Our Tradeskill issues.
  9. Merriel Well-Known Member

There was a warning...in-game only. If it were an exploit, they wouldn't have waited twenty minutes or so to pull the servers down...they would have pulled them down immediately.
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr likes this.
  10. Suraklin Member

Fallen Gate is down because people were having issues making new characters. It was telling them no servers were available.
  11. Fiadhe Member

I also can't get into Halls of Fate. Servers were down two days running and now again??? Anyone know for how long?
    Are we going to get compensated?
    How about Marketplace 50% off that we used to get at Frostfell and didn't. With the prices charged, we need a little incentive to buy. After all, our monthly DB cash never goes up even when the prices do.
    Terp likes this.
  12. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Our fault. We are performing a server maintenance.
    Mindsway likes this.
  13. Moonpanther Well-Known Member

Server maintenance on a Thursday evening?
    Mindsway likes this.
  14. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Thanks! Are we going to find out what's being fixed or must we speculate? I think the servers have become self-aware and are forming Skynet.
    mimmie likes this.
  15. mimmie New Member

are you fixing the FG server not available to create a toon?
  16. Fiadhe Member

well three "downtimes" in a row is simply not funny :(
    I am not happy
    mimmie likes this.
  17. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This maintenance is not related to the FG issue, but we are working on that as well.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  18. Cravaro Active Member

Time to go face roll a pastrami sammich
    Mindsway likes this.
  19. Fiadhe Member

Yeah well, I am still not happy, even chocolate didn't help :eek:
    Terp likes this.
  20. Mindsway Well-Known Member

Servers back up!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.