Release date of tradeskill timeline PoP

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Kenneth, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Aussie_one Member

geeeeez Gninga ,you are Awfully game coming into forum at present time aren't ya the wolf pack is Not happy at all with you lot of SNOBS ya broke OUR game we've have all love to play be involved with for years and years ,,,,and in 2 Expacs you've demolished the very fabric the foundations of the game ,what ya really thought ya could do better than what OUR game was made up on take a LONG hard good look at ya selves and know you've messed up shockingly and little chance of redeeming yourselves
    Kheldar likes this.
  2. Aussie_one Member

thats a pretty god picture of HOW lop sided this new ver of the game is jelling out and yet still not one sign of any DEV or persons in charge of areas in daybreak have made one comment or an APOLOGY NOT one thats what has got so many hackles up Daybreak is your absence to acknowledge and attempt to salvage any good will
    Kheldar likes this.
  3. Meirril Well-Known Member

Looking at the rewards for the overall PoP tradeskill sig is...a bit strange. On the one hand, awesome. An extra bag that holds crafting supplies, and random harvests for anyone that got a harvest pony (don't be lazy, go get a pony). And...adventuring rewards. Seriously unexpected.

While some people will complain that they aren't meant for craftering, the reply would be: So what? Just being able to do some repeatable quests that reward a decent amount of plat and status is ok by itself. The adventuring rewards...well if you really don't want them you can use it to buy boxes of random stuff and transmute all that gear you won't use. It isn't like the tokens are the only reward.

It does mean that a lot more 110 adventurers will do the crafting so they can get the adventuring rewards. That isn't a bad thing for the "pure" crafters since it means a larger percentage of the player base should pay attention to Trade skills.

Other than the obvious bug in Innovation, the other minor annoyance I had was the super long progress bar on the quests. I'd rather have shorter progress bars with lethal consequence or several of the old school normal combines instead of one super long combine. They weren't fun in ToV, they aren't fun here either. I avoided doing daily quests in ToV because the combines were so mind-numingly long.

All in all, a good effort. Now try to get it out on time with the rest of the next expansion, alright?
    Rosyposy likes this.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

While I respect your opinion, I disagree.

There is nothing in this tradeskill line that incentivizes tradeskilling for pure tradeskillers, if every person can make every single item because adventure rewards are given for the tradeskill line in turn making more adventurers crafting, the tradeskillers have become obsolete. What can I, as a tradeskiller make, that an adventurer will buy from me, if they can make it themselves? Answer: Nothing

Therefore, my income as a tradeskiller has been drastically reduced or cut off, which in turn, will impact those that sell looting rights and their income (I do not buy anything from SLR but this is generalized using I/me/my). I have been made redundant.

As many will not agree with my perspective, which is acceptable, I pose the following question:

If at the time the next expansion is released, we (used comprehensively) find that 99% of the content is tradeskill based and in turn, 99.5% of the rewards for completion are completely for tradeskills or the majority of each specific reward is tradeskill, and there is nothing that an adventurer can do or offer to tradeskillers, and the content for adventurers/raiders is not released at launch but 3-4 months after the launch and then the majority of the rewards for that content is for tradeskillers, how many players will be left?
    Pengana, Alenna, Tkia and 10 others like this.
  5. Kheldar Active Member

Look, they have even taken away some of the things TS'ers did with the "New All Artisan Recipes". The way they are going, pretty soon they will eliminate all TS classes, and just make 1 "Artisan" class, with the ability to make everything. Why not?
    It would be a whole lot easier to code, and probably only take 1 hour of dev time rather then the 6 that this entire expansion took.
  6. Finora Well-Known Member

Exactly!

With ToT for example, when we did the crafting quest we got access to the recipes and such. Crafting content.
    It came with a bonus adventure item that was pretty nice, particularly if you weren't much of an adventurer but had managed to make it to 100. That was alright, most of the rewards were fluffy (appearance items) or crafting oriented with tokens we could use to buy house items.

KA leaned a bit more away from crafting, even so much that finishing the crafting quest on a high level crafter/low level adventurer shorted you a lot of status (as if it were an adventure quest). We did get the new flying mount with some harvest stats and recipes along with once again tokens we could use to buy stuff.

PoP has stepped even further away from the crafting oriented rewards.
  7. knine Well-Known Member

Lol the adventure one was completed in 14 hours. Plus all 3 factions.
    Kheldar likes this.
  8. knine Well-Known Member

Why test it. You guys implement what you want anyway and don’t listen to testers or beta testers. Look it’s on live and has lots of bugs. Good job. /applaud.
    Kheldar likes this.
  9. Gninja Developer

Woo thanks! Err wait. In all honesty, it was tested and a lot of bugs were found in beta and a lot of thanks go Niami and the rest of the folks who hopped on the test server in hunting those bugs down. We changed/fixed A LOT in beta. There are always some issues that sneak through. Most of them are things that occasionally happen or are fringe cases that certain things need to happen in a certain order in order to produce the bugs so when we are tracking down issues reported we do our best to reproduce those bugs and get them worked out. We are here getting the remaining issues worked out and will get them fixed as soon as possible. We are not just sitting back laughing at folks running into bugs.
    Rajaih likes this.
  10. Monkybones Member

So is there an ETA on the TS Innovation bug fix Gninja? My family is patiently waiting for the fix before we start it. Will it be fixed by this weekend when we were expecting to spend a lot of time on it.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

To be fair to the dev team, they had less then 5 buisness days to test. The release of the GU was announced before the code even hit test and a number of the devs worked over the weekend to track down and fix bugs we found on test.

As somebody who used to work in QA, I detest hard release dates (usually set by management and/or marketing), ESPECIALLY when those dates are set before testing even starts... that ALWAYS means a buggy release..
  12. knine Well-Known Member

Never said you were laughing. Things like adornments not working was talked about on test but still made it to live. Things do slip through the cracks, but things that have been hit upon in test and beta and makes it to live...those are the things we get upset about.
  13. Finora Well-Known Member

Yeah, whomever is in charge of such things really should have either 1) Not announced a specific release date when the content had not even been tested yet or 2) Seen to it that there was content put on test at the very least 2 weeks in advance of the projected release date.

I know a lot of changes and fixes did happen between the first day of test and what it is now.

I've made it obvious that I'm not 100% satisfied with what we got, but given the amount of time spent in testing a LOT more of the bugs and awfulness about the quests were fixed than I ever expected before I ran it on the live servers. I can't accuse the devs of not working their butts off to fix stuff that was found and reported on test in the small window we had.
  14. knine Well-Known Member

They’ve been working on it for almost four months. Not our issue of how long they felt it was needed to be on test. Only 5 days. Like I said, no one is truely running the show. They do things as they feel is right. This hard date could’ve been set last month giving them , let’s say 20 days to have it on test. They wouldn’t have had to work the weekend had they PLANNED this correctly. I do applaud them for working the weekend and fixing bugs but again the PPPs come to mind.
    Kheldar, Rhodris and Sucha like this.
  15. knine Well-Known Member

Innovation worked fine yesterday for me. Is it random?
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

Yes
    Cyrrena likes this.
  17. Mermut Well-Known Member

It's been ONE of the things they've been working on. Without a TS dev, it is nobody's primary job. If it had been the focus, I'd agree with you. Could it have been better? Sure. But there are ALWAYS bugs you don't find until somebody else tests the code.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  18. Gninja Developer

We are hoping to have it to live servers tonight as long as it passes QA in time (Looking good so far)
    Cyrrena and Mermut like this.
  19. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Extremely disappointed that the TS daily is rewarding Infusers and the Weekly is nothing more than the adventure weekly crate. I was really expecting items geared towards trade-skilling such as GM recipe books, bag of Harvests, Potion of Progress, etc. :oops::(:confused:
  20. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

Niami mentioned on discord today that there are GM recipe books and Reconstructed Planar Infusers no-trade recipes on the tradeskill daily quests... it would be nice to see the Planar Crafting Completionist components + Celestial Teachings also included on the quest loot table!
    Argosunited likes this.