Stitch in time bug

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Nite, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Oranorn Member

Why do you need to wait 1 hour and 26 min to reset the zone, shouldn't zoning out and zoning back in reset the art in the instance?
    Has anyone tried zoning in with their graphics at extreme performance to mitigate the lag?

Just trying to help, I did not have this problem when i did the sig line.
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  2. Azian Well-Known Member

Well, for most of us "reset the zone" means starting in a new zone with new timer. That means a 90 minutes wait. That, plus just exiting and returning has generally not worked. I'm not convinced of the "lag" conclusion regardless but time will tell and we (the players) may or may not ever really know what the problem was. I do assume that Gninja or one of the other devs will implement a fix or a viable workaround soon though and I'm not saying that just to be a suck up.
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Except there is agro everywhere and then you have to make more EMD's. I just make 30 to start now, sometimes that's not enough.
  4. Gninja Developer

If you are using more than 10 on one run you are not being careful at all. Sorry about the issues, it's just a weird one to track down. We are making progress on it though and will have a fix out for it as soon as possible.
    Alenna, CoLD MeTaL and Mermut like this.
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

You can avoid most of the aggro by walking on the other side of the room/hall or waiting for them to path away. Their aggro ranges are very short.

Additionally, if you DO want more then 10, collect enough mats for 50, equip your 'The Hand of the Maker', and mass produce 5 of the EMD recipe. You spend a bit more time harvesting, but it is more then made up for by only having to do 1 combine.
    CoLD MeTaL and Gninja like this.
  6. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

You need 5 for the room, and at least 2 places where the mob is between 2 doors, that's 7, 2 for the hallways to the far wings. Sorry more than 10 is almost required, 20 should be reasonable, UNLESS you have to reset the zone.
  7. Azian Well-Known Member

I agree.

I generally found that the 2 legged variety of aggro was something you could train and survive while the 4-legged (epic) variety is what would kill you in a hurry. In some cases, I intentionally trained a few of the bipedal ones over into an EMD I placed for a 4-legged just so they wouldn't be a nuisance later. I think technically if you wanted to be really patient and wait for pathing on all of them you could probably get by with just 2 EMDs. A third (in the hall right before the control room) would certainly make life easier though with the back and forth there.

Edit to add: I'm obviously not counting the 5 required in the final room in the above comments. I believe you could technically get the whole thing including the final room done with 7 total while adding an 8th makes it very comfortable.
  8. Alenna Well-Known Member

3rd time was not the charm for me I got to control room after reset checked the wheel before i went out to get hte codes went and got the codes but didn't get the updates for the codes. Before anyone asks Yes I had the hackbot up I saw teh text and heard the update ding which would not have happened if the hack bot was not up. so this needed more time for testing less then a week was not enough time stop putting things in live that are not tested fully. since now it problem multi times of resetting the darn instance to get one that workable.SUGGESTION FIND AND FIX BUGS BEFORE LETTING UPDATES GO LIVE. and give better morE appropriate rewards not adventure rewards for a tradeskill quest.

AND GIVE US BACK THE PROPER USE OF OUR PACK PONIES AND GUILD HARVESTOR. not the non upgrade you did.
  9. zarobhr Member

AND GIVE US BACK THE PROPER USE OF OUR PACK PONIES AND GUILD HARVESTOR.

really not need to type in all caps

if you dont like it quit, then maybe i dont have to listen to your same whining about the same non issue
    if they dont want the harvesters to get new harvests that is the game designers decsion just deal with it.

on the other hand if they said it was going to harvest on a certain patch and its not then complain
  10. Meneltel Well-Known Member

If something is not right, complain. If you were the one in the wrong, it will be pointed out to you. Question authority. "Than passive submission to meaningless rules; These are oppression and misery's tools." Better to find out sooner by asking than to wait and suffer with no recourse.
    Kheldar, Rosyposy, Lateana and 2 others like this.
  11. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Posters that tell others to quit make me laugh. Do you honestly believe the population is healthy enough to make that comment?
    If the change to the ponies doesn’t affect or anger you, hooray. As for the rest of us we will voice our complaints in the hope they are heard.

We are the ones playing the game, and for as long as I’m paying a sub I will complain when I feel it’s necessary. Of course not all posters are triggered by complaints, most see it as feedback.
  12. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

It took me two runs and about 25 EMDs to get through this zone. I was super careful this first time through and then rushed through with less carefulness the second try. I had an issue with the wheels resetting and not being able to finish eh zone on the first try. I reset and was able to finish it though. BTW: I thought the zone was interesting, for some reason it reminded me of the Myst series.
  13. Oranorn Member

Personally, I couldn't care less that the guild harvesters and pack pony don't harvest in PoM.
    I do agree though that it would have been nice for the devs to explain their reasoning.

I'm guessing that the devs purposefully decided to do this for a couple of reasons:
    1) It forces people to physically harvest and the game will look a little more populated with all these harvesters out and about.
    2) It may increase the volume of items being sold on the broker since there's less being harvested automatically for those who are too lazy to harvest for themselves
    No idea if that's true or not, but I like to believe they put some thought behind this.

Sorry, I know this thread is about the stitch in time bug, but felt I had to comment on the previous post about harvesting.