Innovation Tradeskill Still Broken

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Ladylou, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Ladylou Member

The enter code sequence still does not work. The wheels can be examined but you can not turn them to enter the code. And the Bot does not give the codes on examination. Camping to character and logging off and on does not work.
    Kheldar likes this.
  2. Wizgian Member

I'm getting this too, so must loads of people. Expect another patch of the patch of the patch to be incoming soon.
    Kheldar likes this.
  3. Soresha Member

Broken for me also. I get the code, but on the step to "enter the access code" there is nothing to interact with on the 6 machines. Can't click or right-click on the wheels. I'm told there's supposed to be an examine window or something but nada.

I tried leaving and resetting the zone. New zone, rewinds to the previous quest step, I get new codes... same thing again.

There are lots of people (on AB at least) reporting the same problem, nothing is interactable for this step. One guy said he'd tried 4 times (3 zone resets!) and still doens't work. But for something people it works apparently. So not sure what's causing the glitch, but like many people now I can't even get through the first quest. :(
    Kheldar likes this.
  4. chattie Well-Known Member

yup is badly broken:confused:
    Kheldar likes this.
  5. Jelrak New Member

I am at the same place - have all the codes and cant operate anything on the terminals - there is nothing to interface with. I petitioned it and the response was that after today's patch that it should work if I reset the instance, but I can see that that's not an option either from this discussion.
    Kheldar likes this.
  6. Ratpack New Member

Twink had the same problem yesterday, patch did not change anything. Please devs, lower the minimum duration of the tradeskill instances to e.g. 5 minutes, because it's kind of *narf* to wait for 90 minutes just to reset...
    Kheldar and Argosunited like this.
  7. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

Hubby and I did this last night. I got through the first instance after 8 deaths, he could not get through it. He got the codes and the gears would not work. He reset the zone and tried again, same thing, reset the zone again and he got the codes but instead of it going on for him to input the codes, it kept jumping backwards and telling him to get the codes again, 3 more times of that and he gave up and was ranting the rest of the night.
  8. Monkybones Member

So when is this going to be fixed? We all waited a long time for the TS quests and can't even do them. Wife and I are waiting for the fix before we start. It's already been a couple days and the weekend is almost here. We were going to take all of our alts through it, but not if it's broken.

Whats the ETA on the fix? Anyone know?
  9. Soresha Member

I've tried 6 times now, across 2 toons. 6 times the wheels are not interactive. 6 times the zone has bugged out on me with not one success!

I was really hoping to wake up this morning (EU player here) and see a patch scheduled for today with a fix in it,

I am ranting and fuming, this is the worst EQ2 experience I've had in many years.
  10. Feylone Active Member

Yep. 3 months of anticipation to finally get it. Then the very first quest in the line is borked. They say they postponed it because they wanted to make it fun. Yeah, real fun. Can't even finish the beginning quest. I guess another three months to get this fixed? :(
  11. Monkybones Member

Yup. I'm at work but my wife and son called and said they just tried it also. Been trying since yesterday and still broken!

Real fun. Was excited about spending time doing the questline with all my alts this weekend, which starts tonight. Next 3 days off and "apparently" not a thing to do except watch TV. We are really tired of this!

When Sony had the game, bugs were worked on somewhat quickly. Like a patch the same day. Maybe a couple patches. But they never left a serious bug in the game for days on end!
  12. Stunmyster New Member

I had this same problem. Since I use EQ2Map I had to copy updates from the default UI folder to the one used by EQ2Map and then rerun the updater. Worked fine after that for me.