Stitch in time bug

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Nite, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Nite New Member

Wheels do not become active after you get codes ..and know help ?
  2. Alenna Well-Known Member

reset zone. Not quest but the zone you got a gliched instance of the zone.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  3. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Resetting the zone worked for me, but some have reported that it didn't for them.
    Xianthia, Rosyposy and Cyrrena like this.
  4. Alenna Well-Known Member

I hope today's patch fixed it then.
  5. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

I don't believe it did, I saw Caith in Discord talking to someone experiencing after the update.
  6. Azian Well-Known Member

Ultimately, I had to reset both the quest and the zone to make it work. I started last night and made it past the wheels with no problem to the central room. But, I hadn't saved enough EMPs and had to head out to raid. In the meantime, I reset all my zones so zoned into a fresh one at lunch today. No clicky wheels.

Camping and returning did nothing.
    Evac did nothing.
    Exit and return to the same zone did nothing.
    Exit, reset quest and return to the same zone did nothing.
    Exit, reset quest, reset zone, gave me clicky wheels back.

So, the two times the wheels worked for me were with a fresh quest and fresh zone without exiting during completion. I'd be interested to know if those others who have bugged out have all left the zone for one reason or another during the quest. If so, it could also be leaving at specific times or after specific steps.
  7. Gninja Developer

Resetting the quest will not change anything in regard to the valves working. Bottom line is lag is sometimes causing those valves to not properly connect to the art in the zone. So when you reset the zone it tries to load them again when a new instance is created. Most of the time that will work but if you lag during that zone in it can still happen. You should never need to remove the quest and reget it.

When you come back in the zone you should be able to go straight to the control room if you had passed that part. Before doing anything else check the valves and you should see them with the option to "Examine" if you don't then you'll need to try resetting the zone again. If you do see that option you should be good to go. You will need to take the Hackbot 3000 back to the Binary Control Bots to get the new code (since it changes)
    Mermut likes this.
  8. Buba Active Member

Any chance of removing the 1hour 30 min minimum to rest zone until this gets fixed?
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up.
  10. Ruckus Well-Known Member

I got all 3 parts made. Clicked on the Hackbot and installed the 3 parts. The quest did not update. I was able to get the True/False statuses and was able to click on the wheels. I just couldn't advance the quest because it was "stuck" on not updating for me.
    Kheldar and Cyrrena like this.
  11. Asiago New Member

Same thing happened to me, was able to do everything but quest didnt update
    Kheldar likes this.
  12. Alenna Well-Known Member

ok got the unclickable wheels bug both times I tried. I was one of those who went to test to test the quest. when I did on test bots came out 3 true and 3 false. 1st time I tried on my alt Sandrina HoF. It came out 4 false 2 true. and the 2nd time after reseting the zone it came out 4 true and 2 false. not going to do a third time incase I get all true or 5 false one true or 1 false and 5 trues.
    Kheldar likes this.
  13. Argosunited Well-Known Member

So, is it going to be fixed?
  14. Ruckus Well-Known Member

Working as intended.
    Kheldar likes this.
  15. Monkybones Member

Unacceptable!

You should not have to redo a quest because it doesn't update. THATS a bug that must be addressed! My family has stopped the questline until it's fixed.
  16. Lucus Well-Known Member

anyone with a redname on these forums is DBG staff, anyone that isn't a red name is just a player.

i wouldn't be so quick to assume it's not going to be fixed merely because one player makes a statement as a jab at the dev team.
  17. Azian Well-Known Member

Obviously, all I have is my anecdotal experience. I only know what worked for me with the various things I tried and what didn't work for me. I was going from what I believed to be the least intrusive attempt at a fix to the most until something actually worked.

I do think the 2nd part of what you said is an important thing for everyone to note. The two times the valves worked for me they were interactive as soon as I walked in the room even though I wasn't at the step to use them. So, if you mouse over the valves and get nothing, the zone is bad and no need to waste time going further.

I think someone else may have asked this above or in another thread. Would it be possible to remove the 90 minute min lockout? That would make it a whole lot easier to reset the zone as much as needed until a good one is found.
    CoLD MeTaL likes this.
  18. Soresha Member

I have tried SIX TIMES now. Twice yesterday, four times today. Saying "most of the time it will work" is simply not true.

I'm not doubting your explanation but I'm not one to suffer particularly high levels of lag either. It might possibly be related to the AB server though. We have seen a lot more "waiting for zone server" delays recently, and even having to kill the client sometimes because it never completes the zone-in (that happened to 3 people in a group only a couple days ago).

The instance has a 1h30 reset which is applied immediately when you zone in. So people can't go check the wheels and just reset as easily as you're suggesting. (Never mind the EMDs you're using up to get there.)

How am I supposed to get through this?

Quite a few guildies are affected as well. It's not an isolated case of the odd person lagging out occasionally, far from it.
    Rhodris and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  19. Soresha Member

Attempt number SEVEN.
    Restarted my client (just in case).
    Paid attention to the loading time for the zone - it was actually very snappy. No hanging or waiting, straight in!
    Ran straight to the control room.
    No examine option on the valves.

So now I wait 1 hour and 26 minutes and try again? And again? And again? This is insane.
    Rhodris, Meneltel and CoLD MeTaL like this.
  20. avashi Active Member

I have two toons that have completed the quest and a couple who are stuck on the uhm, lag :rolleyes: step. I am wondering if its bugged if you die during or after collecting the T/F statements. I just died after collecting them all (was talking and not paying attention) and after reviving the quest told me to collect them again. So I collected them all again and guess what? I cant not turn the wheel....I'm getting tired of using mats to make EMD's over again this step NEEDS to be fixed or removed. Its at the point that its ridiculous to have a step that is failing for so many people.

lol I just left zone and can not reset it I am speechless!
    Rhodris and CoLD MeTaL like this.