Sell previous expansion goodies.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Probe One, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Raenius Well-Known Member

I rather would like to see all those RNG-familiars being able to be bought directly from the store - I am convinced this company would get more money than now - since most are reluctant to spend real cash for a chance to get something.

Should also include all LoN items - not much, maybe 3-5$ / item - but in total I can imagine you will get quite some cash in.

Not to mention all previous special items you could only obtain when attending on SoE Live in Vegas etc.
    I`d buy quite a bunch of those.
  2. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Some of the SoE Live things are on the Loyalty Merchants right now, but not all of them, that's true.

RNG?

And as far as the LoN items go, what I'd really, really love to see would be the Tax-Free houses from each of the cities put on the Marketplace. I'd be willing to spend the money to get a guaranteed outcome there, because I'm NOT willing to spend money on a maybe-chance, and haven't done LoN in quite some time.

Uwk
    Argosunited, Cyrrena and Rosyposy like this.
  3. Carynn Well-Known Member

I would also spend quite a bit of money on growth/shrink cloaks and charms from LoN. Won't spend a penny, even the free monthly pennies, on random LoN loot chances. I don't need a million pictures of the same things.
  4. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

RNG hates me, no luck of the Irish here even though I am really Irish, from Dublin. Any of the previous expac houses that I do not have would promptly be purchased, Lavastorm and Everfrost, to name a couple. The Sproutlings both blue and red (I know you get one from a collection or something, but come on I need more than one) and the pods.

Any plushies or housepets would also promptly appear in my cart. Any furniture or house deco items, throw those in the cart too. I cannot pay $10-$20 for a plushie or anything like that, but a reasonable price and I would be buying DBC to make all these items come to my backpack.

And I already said I would pay $20-$25 for my BROOM to be replicated into a BROOM MOUNT so I could fly on it, even if it was just a reskinned disc mount. But look at my sig box and see why that has not happened yet even though Holly said in the AMA on AB a year ago it was being worked on.

One can dream though. Maybe while waiting for Ttobey to be reasonable, Caith will make me my bright green scribbly marker, so I can scribble on botters, AFK persons that are blocking NPCs or travel items, or the persons that do not know how to behave in a public social setting and thus troll general chat. I promised Caith when I asked for the scribbly marker, that I would not ever scribble on him, but I would scribble on Ttobey until the marker ran dry and then I would buy another one.

Cyrrena

KAITHEEL FOR TRADESKILL/DECORATOR PERSON (in addition to events/holidays)

*runs off, happily daydreaming of all the goodies one might get one day, while putting up more campaign fliers all across Norrath*
  5. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Sacrifice more rangers to the RNG gods, preferably Halfling rangers! Cant do you any harm and might be a lot of fun! (It is for me, even if it doesn't work that well)
  6. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I tried plucking wings off of Fae and feeding them to the sacrificial fires and it didn't up my standing with the Gods of RNG.
  7. Cheallaigh Well-Known Member

i just want a few posable qho plushies/house actors thingies...
  8. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

When RtT launched and we saw the Kandar Skeleton on the docks of Queen's Colony and Overlord's Outpost that says "Nostalgia woo" and a couple other Nostalgia related sayings, we asked if we could have a house plushie exactly like that but that was more than a year ago and no word yet, not even no. We started asking from the day the server launched because Kandar was usually monitoring along with Caith.
  9. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Still kicking myself for not getting Qho plushies when I had the chance... :-/

RNG = Random Number Generator/Generated/etc. Got it! :D

Uwk
  10. Argosunited Well-Known Member

So am I. I really wish they'd bring them back. Hint hint DBG!
  11. Loresinger Active Member

I'd love to see this, especially for the homes. The one expansion I didn't buy (was away from the game for a few months due to health issues) has the one home I really wish I could get. They could keep some items unique to the collector packs, like the broker boxes as someone mentioned, but things like homes and the building blocks would be very nice to have access to after some time has passed. Some of these homes are four or five years old now, don't really see a reason not to bring them back for people to buy.
  12. Probe One Member

Helloooooo Daybreak. There is money to be made selling old stuff.

Days ago Activision Blizzard reported 2017 net revenue of $7.02 billion.
    http://files.shareholder.com/downlo...348D/Q4_2017_ATVI_Press_Release_Tables_vF.PDF
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/activision-blizzard-made-4-billion-on-microtransac/1100-6456669/
    "Microtransactions are big business at Activision Blizzard. The company said today in an earnings report that revenue from "in-game net bookings," which include things like DLC sales, loot boxes, and in-app purchases on mobile games, reached $4 billion for 2017."

More cash made selling additional stuff, than the actual product. AB can do it, DB certain can.

Just don't milk gouge us.
  13. Ratza Well-Known Member

I say NO to selling items from collectors/premium editions! They are collector editions for a reason and people pay double/triple the price of standard xpacs to have these coveted items. If they put these on the market for DB cash they would NEVER sell a collectors edition again not to mention the fact they would infuriate the player base who buys these collector/premium editions each year.
  14. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Most people I've heard from in the forums/chat channels are cool with it being available at some point in the future, like when the rest of the content becomes folded into the game for free two years down the road. They like the idea that they'd gotten the Phat Lewt first, and that's elitist enough for them. Since they offer the $90 CEs for half-off in the November they're releasing a new expac, which works out to, oh, $45 (less with a 10% off member discount ;->), and the regular edition is $35 regularly, if they're willing to sell me the building block set for $10 on the Marketplace/fold the houses in with the other prestige houses two years later, I'm there. :)

Uwk
  15. luminosa Active Member

I would love the Everfrost house. I have a friend who missed that expansion pack and really wanted it. I know she'd be ecstatic to get it in the mail! I'd pay cash for the old houses and I'd pay cash for the Loot from the Legends of Norrath... The card model kind sucks as is.
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  16. Roxxlyy Community Relations

As of right now, there are no plans to go back and sell the Pre-Order/Collector's/Premium Edition items from old expansions. I definitely understand the interest in some of these items, but they are special items restricted to those who made certain expansion purchases.
  17. Alyndrys Well-Known Member

Thank you for the honest answer :) Problem is that we had to preorder/buy premium edition for a game that was not entirely finished , we did not get the whole game we payed for at the time of release! We understand that and stand by the game we love but interest to buy premium edition is diminishing ! Put the "special items restricted to those who made certain expansion purchases" on marketplace and show that new players are as valuable as old players :) ! ( I certainly don't mind other players to have the collector's edition items I have !)
    Meneltel and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Not to mention, it's a punishment, essentially, for new players who hadn't been lucky enough to discover the game earlier. "How dare you not be giving us money five years ago! No cool stuff for you."

Uwk
    still incensed about the "Sundered Ground" world event
    Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr and Alyndrys like this.
  19. Mana New Member

Suggestion:

Release/sell previous collection edition/expansion/preorder goodies 10 years from their original release date.

Example: Kunark Ascending was release Nov. 16th 2016, release/sell Kunark Ascending collectors/expansion goodies Nov. 16th 2026 assuming EQ2 will still be around.

Surely 10 years is enough time for all the excitement and novelty of owning collectors/preorder items to die off.
  20. Revel Well-Known Member

This is quite frankly a ridiculous stance since you've started adding major in game advantages like the statue buffs and clockwork illusion that matter.

If I was a new player and saw that I could never equal someone because I didn't play by a certain date my butt would be out the door so fast it would make your head spin.