Your retired item item was outdated and removed from your inventory.

Discussion in 'General Gameplay Discussion' started by Lateana, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

An exchange, if available, has already been placed in your inventory.

I got two messages like this when I logged into the game. What is this all about, what was removed, and why?
  2. Fyreflyte Well-Known Member

Hard to say which items those were without knowing what you had in your inventory, and how long it's been since your last login on that character. Typically, however, you won't really see a difference on your end - that message occurs whenever we've had to create a new version of an item and need everyone with the old version updated. Often the item will look and function exactly the same to you, and the correction was something we needed to do internally to fix a bug somewhere. If you don't see anything wrong with any of your items, then you can safely ignore those messages =)
    Oranorn and Lateana like this.
  3. Alenna Well-Known Member

everyone is getting that message Fyreflyte I log in daily. this is something from today's patch
  4. Lateana Older than Dirt, Playing EQII since 2004

Yep, its happening on all my characters today. The number of items varies, but all have at least one message. As far as I can tell, there is nothing changed, but it is hard to find something if you don't know what it is.
    Cyrrena likes this.
  5. Finora Well-Known Member

I got 3 of the messages on my main and I had her on just last night.

I do have one hole in my inventory in a bag I thought was full, but I couldn't say what was in it. I keep a lot of random quest items and such in there as well as various potions. There are also 2 holes in a bank back that had potions and baubles in it. Which ones are missing though are anyone's guess. I've been playing a LONG time and have a little bit of a hording issue sometimes.

I don't remember getting such things before, it sure gave me a start when I logged in this afternoon.
  6. Mermut Well-Known Member

Which item (probably an orange adorn) got changed with the patch/GU?
    As others have mentioned, this isn't an 'old toon that hasn't logged in for ages'. These are toons that were on last night...
    Cyrrena likes this.
  7. ugloopni Active Member

lol it doesn't tell you which item it's referring to? haha
  8. isest Active Member

I gotten 2 messages on one character, 2 items missing from inventory would have been older cloaks that I kept around for to change out for looks, as it was in bag one like slot 4 or 5 and that is the bag where I keep older gear for just such a thing. I only been on the one toon so far I expect to see it happen. As far as getting new items, nothing in overflow or in inventory as I had just done inventory maintenance on the one toon in question last night so I had a good idea of what is missing and the fact nothing was replaced.
  9. Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr Well-Known Member

As of, around 0200 est this morning, I have nearly all my bags full of "items" that have ranged from nearly my entire career on Norrath. Not to mention the holiday harvests and PQ flotsam. Providing a list of what was changed/replaced would all those who received the Vague & Ambiguous prompt to see if anything looks familiar.
    You know,.. involving the Community,... all helping to make a better Norrath?
    Kheldar likes this.
  10. Drackore Member

Same here...no idea what was "returned to my inventory".
    Kheldar, Rhodris and Argosunited like this.
  11. Jhen Ro Active Member

Rune: Enlightened Ascension.

Rune: Ascendant's Grace looks to have changed as well.
  12. quisling Well-Known Member

LOL, Rune: Enlightened Ascension. was returned to my inventory, now it won't let me put it back on......
    Kheldar likes this.
  13. Mermut Well-Known Member

Random people are unable to adorn items. It was discovered and reported on test yesterday, but the bug made it to live.
    Kheldar and quisling like this.
  14. ugloopni Active Member

he was trying to help
    Mindsway and Lateana like this.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

There was nothing returned to my inventory, so whichever items went poof are just gone with no replacements or indication as to why it's gone.

Previously when things get removed from the game we get an notice that X item is no longer around here's something as a refund or the weird looking "bug" icon that you can't remove in the case of some old removed masters that one of my characters had once upon a time in a broker box.
    Cyrrena, Mindsway, Kheldar and 2 others like this.
  16. Juraiya Well-Known Member

When I logged in this morning (I was on until late last night) I got the message on two of my characters, but not any other characters. I have over 80 characters across several accounts. The two that got it also happen to be the two characters I've done KA with, so my guess is that the item that got removed (for me) had something to do with the KA questline. I don't have any orange or purple adorns (other than the free ones we got from the panda), so at least for my characters, adorns don't seem too likely. I also only saw the message once for each of these characters. Since some people saw the message several times, they probably have multiple items that were affected.

Fyreflyte, it is NOT characters we haven't logged on to in a while. I log on to every character every day, and many of them several times a day when doing pony harvest checks.

The problem is that the message said "item item", so we don't know what items were affected for each us. It would have been better had the message been generated before the item was deleted, so the item name would have been available for the message.
    Kheldar and Meneltel like this.
  17. Iglu Active Member

I have had a similar issue and there seems to a missing item in my bag. I log on most days but that frequency is reducing.
    Kheldar and Meneltel like this.
  18. Finora Well-Known Member

Got it on some lower than 100 characters (76, 63, 94) so not sure what it might be. So not just high level items. All are characters I log on almost every day, so its stuff that was in game Monday.
  19. Alphonsus Well-Known Member

It was the old single use adornment dislodgers.
  20. Carynn Well-Known Member

Did we get replacements for it, bc I do use those on occasion on toons who have not done the quest for the spell.