Stitch in Time

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Dyeana, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

They've not said anything about deleting them, but I can't see them going to that trouble at this point now that they've lured folks into giving Test a try. FYI, part of the reason why they only let the free trial heroics be boosted is so our existing Test population still has a wide range for levels for testing future events. Otherwise, the temptation to raise every existing alt to 100 would have meant not enough Test folks left for event testing at all levels. :D
    Finora likes this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

Good! I'll pass it along!

I wasn't 100% on the adventure boost working on existing characters. I know the crafting boost did because my son did that.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[BUG] (reporting for a guildmate) Quest: A Stitch in Time, Part V: A Favor of Love. Step: Collect enough eseence of hate to fill the vessel. Issue: if you collect the 9 essence of hate, but exit the zone before you actually right-click and fill the vessel, the quest will not progress. Druzzil will not speak with you. (Playername on Test is Gardee) Echoed this in Discord, and he's putting in a /bug
  4. Ibukia Member

Ok I'm facepalm in the molten throne. First all but two essences of hate are on the land, the rest are off in the sky. Wasn't sure if this was a bug or intended so I collect the molten shards and click the body thinking that there's a step that will allow me to get out there and harvest them but I can't even craft this thing. I mean I can stand at the body for like 10 minutes and nothing gets me but whenever I craft one of the elementals kills me. It's coming out of nowhere. I wait until they've all pathed as far away as possible and I still get killed by one even though there are none around me. Extremely frustrating. Need a break before I try again.
  5. Ibukia Member

Nevermind. Posted in haste. Figured out how to get the hate. Maybe the fire elemental was killing me to prevent me from doing that part out of order. It's just that one of the essences was just off the ground and out of reach which made me think it was a bug since there have been many like that with shiners and harvested stuff in the past.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

it happens in the front room as well Denmum had that trouble yesterday fishing in the front room had to get right on the edge of the to fish.
  7. Alenna Well-Known Member

has the fix for this gone in yet?
  8. Chrol Developer

Will keep the poop alive for awhile longer...
  9. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I'll see if my woodworker can whittle up some noseplugs. Seems strange to thank someone for extra poop duration, but ... thanks!
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

A stitch in time, part II: Lightning Strikes
    I had troubles finding Karana. I visited the south side, climbed the towers, went back, checked the north then went to the wiki and found the teleporter. Yep, there's a lightning strike above it, but it's off the path. A little note in the quest journal saying that we should take the teleporter would help.

The wyvern is fun!

A stitch in time, part III: From Birth to Tombs
    There's 3 spots for fishing magma, the main lava pool (the one at 8, -6, -98 is hard to target, I had to climb on the corner and go right to the edge), one in the lava flow just prior to the pool (-3, -6, -26) and one upstairs (140, 110, -80)

I had troubles finding how to fire the incubation vessel. My first move was to click it in my inventory, then to try to click the flames, then I stumbled into a sprout of fire and it updated. I like the fact that we can't get killed.

The "gathering the ashes" part is really really great. It was fun, loved the little flavor text !

I somewhat expected to have to click a seal or something, well, "do an action" to get the seal to be filled with the essence of fire. But it updated and I left (after getting killed by the cute (?!) little phoenix).

A stitch in time, part IV: A Favor of Love
    The "move the golem around" part isn't very intuitive but it's ok. I loved the "crouch" around the dragon.

I didn't expect at all the altar of Erollisi to be near the claymore in Antonica. I first went around the druid ring (then checked the wiki because it was getting late and I didn't want to comb through the whole zone).

A stitch in time, part V: Sealed with Hate
    As somebody who suffers from a very acute vertigo IRL, this is painful.
    I followed the ball of fire without problems. I saw the path forming in the sky, but probably only because I knew I would have to walk in the sky. Some kind of marker on both sides of the part where the path forms would make people realize earlier that they have to walk in the sky.

It is not clear that 9 essences are needed. At one time, I clicked the vessel and it filled it but I hadn't really realized I had to manually fill it. I thought it would auto-update when full (like when we put the ash in the vessel for the phoenix).

The Yrzucite ore at 111, 584, -728 is difficult to target (can't see target most of the time) but still harvestable. Same for the one at 153, 586, -581 (had to stand atop of it to harvest).

*drools at Innoruuk*

I can't find the entrance to Plane of Innovation: Nick of Time [Tradeskill] ? There's no portal at the place it should be. I'm 102 conjuror, 110 carpenter and lacking access.
    I don't know if it's relevant, but I still see the portal to Plane of Disease with access to Crypt of Decay [Tradeskill]. Visible too is the portal for Innovation PQ (Plane of Innovation: Echoes of Innovation)

Overall, I love the quests. The overly long combines are a pain when there's several to do at the same time. Quests should pay back fuel though. I'm down by a truckload of plats and pure crafters (especially on Test) don't have tons of money around.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Harvesting missions:
    Niami Hilgrid is lacking a feather when she gives the harvesting missions but NOT the crafting missions (I only have unlocked the former due to a bug)
  12. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Harvesting missions still:
    I got deadly mushrooms, rock fern and storm stalks from the crate on gathering and hunting and mining missions. A total of 250 commons with one or 2 rares. I got 1 darkstone & 1 heartwood on mining, 1 heartwood on gathering and 1 darkstone in trapping.

Common mats seem to be always the same for each which seems fishy.
    I'm not 100% certain but I think item is always a Plane of Magic Gatherers Crate.
  13. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Tears of Ro currency:
    We get Tears of Ro currency with the missions, at least the harvest ones. I assume it is to be able to buy the recipes. Those recipes say "requires the achievement "legacy of power"" in the tooltip. House items require specific adventuring quests too.

Could we get regular advanced recipes on merchant too? Usually we have a way to buy them after doing the timeline and factionning.

Currency-wise, if my computations are right, we need 775 coal, 25 kindling, 50 incense and 50 candles, which makes 900 celestial fuels which makes 31 platinums and 50g.
    We gain something along the line of 7 platinums during the whole timeline, which is a net loss of 24 platinums.
    Argosunited, Rosyposy and Mermut like this.
  14. Chikkin Well-Known Member

There's a lot of evil low level characters who craft, can you kill off guard outside Sayer's Outfitters so low levels can get to shrine of Erollisi inside? or move shrine outside, by tree or out back..
    Argosunited, Finora and Rosyposy like this.
  15. Chikkin Well-Known Member

does pony autonomous harvesting or whatrever it's called... depends on zone? so far I found he will not even touch anythign in Timorous Deep, both T1 and T2 in there, I dragged him from node to node and not once he did any bonus harvests.

Checking other low zones now
  16. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

He harvested for me in New Halas and in Antonica, so it's not all T1/T2 but some T1/T2
  17. Whilhelmina Well-Known Member

Very minor: For whatever reason, when I camp and comeback, the Stitch in Time quests disappear from ques tracker and I have to open journal, uncheck the quest and recheck it to have it reappear. I think it happens on all of them.

We definitely only get Gatherer's Crates from the missions so only gathering mats and not mining or hunting.

Last step of Stitch in Time V is fixed, portal is there!
  18. Ibukia Member

I agree with the poster about the essences of hate. Thought it'd update on its own but eventually I figured it out. The golem and the dogs in shard of hate was fine as you see packs of them chomping on golems around the zone. It wasn't really intuitive at times but then again I'm used to having everything spelled out. Was kinda good to have to figure things out.

All in all I thought it was pretty fun and the story was cool. Good timing with that one part of the quest with it being erollisi day. I wonder what those babies would look like. Looking forward to doing it again on live.

Oh I posted in the correct place! Getting better
  19. Ibukia Member

In the solution ro daily the Magma pools weren't targetable so I couldn't finish. I could track them and see them but couldn't target. Tab didn't work nor did manually typing /target a pool of condensed magma. Zoning and camping didn't fix. Tried all areas they spawn not just first room.
  20. Ibukia Member

or make invis work if it doesn't already. I'm a goodie so I don't know