Stitch in Time

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Dyeana, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Mermut Well-Known Member

I didn't take falling damage, I took fire damage on a lvl 60 toon.
    As soon as the jet went off I was knocked down to 1 blob of health. If the toon didn't have safe fall, it may have taken falling damage as well. The test toon does have safe fall though.
    On a max level toon with the personal ward and lots of potency, the ward probably absorbs all the damage.
  2. Uncle Active Member

Sounds like the fun factor up there on this quest line.. Cant wait to see it on tuesday
    Argosunited likes this.
  3. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Odd, the level 70-something Niami didn't take that damage. But she's a mystic, so maybe some of her buffs ate it. o_O
  4. Gninja Developer

Anything you have to make more than one of shouldn't be set to take that long, however, those combines that are just one combine should be set to more difficult. For example, the EMDs in Innovation is going to be set to require 5 of each of the in zone harvestables instead of 1 each but will make 10 and update the quest fully for that stage with one combine as well as give you 10 EMDs to use in the zone. This change will likely take effect with next update.
    Niami DenMother likes this.
  5. Argosunited Well-Known Member

Is this honestly going to be ready by the 13th? Please I implore you, don't put it on live without taking all the testers voices into account.

Please remember this is a tradeskill quest line and not all max level crafters are max level adventure toons.
    Please take into account that making something take forever does not equal skill or fun, an RSI inducing quest line does not sit well with some folk.
    Please realise dying over and over again in a tradeskill quest, is no crafters idea of fun. Dying at the forge we can live with.

Also make sure the rewards are worth our time. This is important to us. From what I've heard so far, the rewards are far from worthwhile for a crafter.
  6. Alenna Well-Known Member

i didn't mind the dying because it was avoidable so it is a learning curve. What I don't like is the unavoidable 3-5 minutes per combine it is a stupid mechanic put in to slow us down.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  7. Kuulei Well-Known Member

So are you hinting that the combine will be harder now, because you're only going to allow one combine now on the EMD's?
    There is a flaw here and i'll explain why.
    As I was placing the EMD in the control room, I was unaware that the place required for it was "small white shiny" on the floor. I missed the mark on 2 locations and was "short" 2 EMD's and had to run all the way back and craft more to get the update.
    If you're going to force us to get by with only 10 EMD's and no way to craft more, PLEASE make the location to drop them more prominent
    Alenna and Rosyposy like this.
  8. Test Taffies Active Member

I'm not a level 100 adventurer (but rather level 96). However I am a level 100 tradeskiller. But I can't even get into the Plane of Innovation to test the thing. Seriously, please way that low adventuring leveled characters on the live servers aren't going to be required to level up to get into the zone. If so, defeats being a tradeskiller first (by choice) then adventuring at their own pace.
    Alenna and Rosyposy like this.
  9. Mermut Well-Known Member

You're probably trying the wrong instance, I think. I was able to get into the tradeskill Inno zone on a level 50-something adventurer
  10. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I am sorry you misunderstood me when I was trying to respond, Taffies. Every time I tried to answer you and clarify, I was dying.

Again, you do NOT have to be a level 100 adventurer.

I was trying to tell you that we just came back from the patch, and you were the first to report the problem of the zone itself being down for some reason (aka, crash, bug, what have you) ... without being able to drop everything at the time, which I couldn't do, I couldn't get someone else in there to check on it. But it was not anything to do with your adventuring level. Really. Hence why I was chatting to you from a level 81 character, inside one of the later instances in the line.

There are no lockouts to our TS stuff doing these instances. The zone is ill for some reason. It is after hours on a Friday night, and while I expect they'll be working hard this weekend, they do have to eat.

They are not yet aware of the problem with the innovation zone, but we have messages in.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Kuulei Well-Known Member

Okay, here is my opinion on the PoP tradeskill line..

I actually like it. :eek:

Aside from the slow crafting, the story and quests are great. No, it's not easy-peasy. There is danger and death along the way and caution must be taken at every turn!

The reward(s) however are a bit lacking, such as the Tome of the Planes, it may have 800 more potency and 200 more crit bonus, but losing 10 fervor, 22.5 doublecast may not be enough to coax players to gain 15 resolve to use it
    Chikkin and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Test Taffies Active Member

Mermut - I was trying to get into the Plane of Innovation. But I am glad that you were able to get into the zone in. Keep testing! :) I did do proper feedback via the /bug command.

---

Yes Mum, I did listen. But I didn't necessarily respond in game chat because there are only so many times one can say... it isn't working... I cannot get into to the zone. Which seemed that was level related, to me, at the time. As my character is not the appropriate adventure level it seemed very relevant and I felt that information needed to be shared.

And as you know, repeatedly saying things in game chat just becomes a distraction to others who are able to continue and are trying to get through the timeline and test it so I did not continue to say it in game.

But I did continue to try and test it a few more times. With a fail each time and eventually stopped trying.

I came here to share my experience.

---

THIS forum is for feedback and bugs found and so I gave my information both here and as a in game bug. That is what we are supposed to do. It is what you, Mum have instructed me to do the first time I started to help on test. So I do it.

And while it is and maybe after hours on Friday. This 'thing' is to be patched into the live servers Tuesday. That length of time is so very close.

My sharing , my experience and the information learned from testing this is not to fuel disgruntlement that exists in game and on the forum nor to be upset with the those working hard on fixing the bugs found.

It WAS to share information that something may be or is really wrong... right at the start and after a patch too.(Or so I was told!) If it was just patched. In my mind/opinion that part of the code/patch could be what is sent straight to the live servers, as is. How am I too know, what part of the patch gets updated next or not. Or what gets sent to the live server or not? I just test as I can. BUT without information how can anyone know that there is a problem?

I try to test things without being spoon fed via a website. That is the point of the game: to explore, to quest. The info needed for the game, to go from one point to the next in any quest/timeline... should be there, in the game.

While many are further along in the timeline, testing. I was and am starting to test this timeline due to RL restraints. My information and experience is just as relevant as the next guys/gals. As in my opinion the whole point to testing stuff, to make sure it works properly or so I thought and then to share it good and bad.

And really, there have been things/bugs at times that affected only one race and even one gender. So if we all don't share anything, how are the Devs to know? I've personally had character bugs that no others have had.

So I am very sorry if you thought I ignored your wise advise, I did not. I just wanted to make sure that more then one person said there was an issue. Because otherwise it often gets over looked.

Have a good one and see many of you later on the testing grounds. ~T

and Dev's... THANKS a bunch for the hard work... so far... the brief glimpse I've seen has been enough for me to look forward to this.
  13. Chikkin Well-Known Member

Plane of Innovation is having problems, Caith just ( Saturday about 9 AM Pacific) came to test and broadcast that he's working on fix, took down portal altogether so people won't get stuck zoning into nothingness, fix will go in next patch probably.

Unfortunately this means nobody who is just trying to start, or anyone on later returns to PoI, will be able to go in until after patch,
  14. Chikkin Well-Known Member

might be unrelated, but

did the patch last night do anything to adornments? Clicking use on any adorn does nothign, doens't change cursor, doens't pop up that window with a list of gear to put it on, no error messages of any kind

Cate and Furr reported the problem in test channel this morning
  15. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Sorry, I'm apparently not communicating well lately, it seems.

Really, all I was trying to do was reassure you, since your comments seemed to assume that the level-thing was not only the issue but that it was intentional.

We knew it was a bug at the time. That's all I was trying to get at. We also knew it'd be addressed this weekend, during the weekend, but the devs needed a night of downtime after the crazed week we've all had working on this.

Anyway, shutting up now. :) Back to the testing.

Chikkin, I'll get something over onto Discord about the adorns as soon as I poke at them. It has more chance of eyeballs there. :D
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

I cannot reproduce this for the life of me, though Furr (Fedd) is still having issues. I was able to apply the same adornments (the lore no-value whites and oranges from the panda), so I suspected it was a new popup giving his Profit install fits, but he tried it with the default UI and still had the problem. (I even tried eqiupping a second item with the same lore adornment to make sure the error messages were still correct and functioning, etc.)

I'm at a loss on this one, so it will need dev-type intervention. (Character names on test with issues were Furr, Fedd and Cate, it seems ... Fedd is still having issues with all he tries ... no cursor change, no message, no response when he tries to apply them ... ones he linked in chat as not working are Electrified Adornment of Energy (he popped it off a piece of gear and then tried to reapply it), Ascension of Tol Ren, Rune: Untapped Potential.
  17. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[Feedback]
    A Stitch in Time, Part 3: From Birth to Tombs
    Step: Fish condensed magma up out of the lava pools (0/12)
    Feedback: Most of the fish nodes are either out of range or out of line of sight from any spot on the walkways above them. Cling to the very, very edge with your toenails and teeth, and you'll still find yourself unable to fish from many of the nodes. While fishing in lava should be difficult, node placement on these raises the difficulty to just-shy of nightmare mode. :D (Translation: It IS doable, but it takes a lot of maneuvering around to find the few nodes that you can actually see AND reach.)
  18. Dyeana Active Member

Comment - Part 5 - Is there any way to make the road a bit more solid looking. I keep falling off the road. Don't know where the center is or the sides. too much a crap shoot. Also hard to gage how close to the black thingie you need to jump over.

Dye
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

[Feedback]
    A Stitch in Time, Part 3: From Birth to Tombs
    Step: Fire the incubation vessel in the spouts of flame in Arylxir's room

As was mentioned earlier in this thread, this is a painful step on lower-level adventurers. My 79ish (at the time) mystic was fine. My 73 wizard was at 2 bubbles of health after the first firing and had to wait for health to regen before doing the next. It might be a good thing to tune down the damage even more, and leave the "challenge" part of this step being the "don't let yourself get knocked into the lava" :D
    Finora likes this.
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

slight bug with Stitch in Time: Stage 2 I was trying to harvest the pure water and it woudl not let me till I used the fishing ability from my knowledge book. in other words it did not auto fish like normal.