Stitch in Time

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Dyeana, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

A Stitch in Time, Part II: Lightning Strikes. Evac from the zone and you end up in the Raid version of Torden Basion of Thunder for a moment ... after it finished loading, it then dumped me from there to a jail cell in the Ruins of Varsoon. o_O
  2. Mermut Well-Known Member

Ditto
  3. Finora Well-Known Member

Wow. That's a new one. Yesterday it just dropped me in the raid zone and left me there.
  4. Indabuff Active Member

I waited to level my crafters hoping that the said Tradeskill timeline would be fun. I went in on test who is not a level 100 adventurer. Was not happy that there is no overland questline, but simply jump into an instance. Which was a series of trying not to die, and long combines. I am sure the bugs of it will be worked out but that wont make it any more fun. I actually was not a big fan of the adventure content either as it was just a series of grinds. Since though I am more of a decorator/crafter I did not really worry about that. I could be wrong but this whole thing makes me think that there is a push to combine crafting and adventuring. Was the real reason for the delay was to make it more fun? or was it to push the crafters/decorators to adventure more? It was stated that the reason the pack ponies did not collect new mats was to get people to go out into the new content. To me this is a poorly thought out plan. You don't push people to do things, you entice them to do so. Just as you don't punish people who don't subscribe, but make subscribing something people want to do by offering more. I love this game but I am not sure I love the direction its going.
    Pengana, Tkia, Ursa Minor and 7 others like this.
  5. Chikkin Well-Known Member

started the questline, first thing I noticed during combines of EMDs: not only it's a needlessly long combine ( thank god for ability to mass produce it, please DO NOT change that), but somethign to counter pops up waaaay to often.... I felt like I had to time my blinks to the ticks. They seriously do not need to pop up every 3 seconds, and to be fair they did not pop up every 3 seconds all the time, there were some who skipped a beat and popped during a true old school EQ tick ( 6 seconds) but I'd say 90% of the time there was somethign to counter every half tick. It's EXHAUSTING
    Alenna likes this.
  6. Dyeana Active Member

For part 2, can we scale back the number of fuels needed. 25 or 50 might be more appropriate.

For those interested the water bucket spawns in the SE after harvesting 5 times or so.

Dye
  7. semisus Does not play this game

looking at the new tome i hope they add DC and the 10 fervor + overcap
  8. Finora Well-Known Member

Just a general comment.

In all the instances except the Innovation instance (so far), harvests take a really long time to respawn so you are literally just standing there twiddling your thumbs for no reason.

Why have us just standing around waiting for nodes to respawn? What purpose does it serve other than to just waste time?

IMO either just have enough of the nodes to spawn from the start or have them respawn quickly. Standing around waiting does not add anything to the quest.
  9. Dyeana Active Member

Finally figured out why I could not harvest. After you hit the required nodes, any additional nodes disappear, and are no longer harvestable. You can track the bucket in an area untill you get the lockout on nodes, then it even is no longer trackable in that area.

Please remove the lockout on node harvesting after the required number is met. This is also in the case someone (Like me) needs to harvest again to make a second combine

Dye
    Rosyposy likes this.
  10. Finora Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's my map that's bugged (maybe I didn't cleanse eq2maps well enough on test) but I had no map indicators in Solusek's Tower like I had in the other crafting zones so far.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

Putting the Bucket in step 2 at the very top of the towers... why? Is making us spend 30 minutes just running around the zone looking something to click supposed to be fun or challenging?
    Especially with evac busted we have to run all the way to the top of each tower (until we find the bucket) and then run all the way back down...
    Tkia, Tekka and Rosyposy like this.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

The achievement for finishing the TS sig line is listed under quests. I think it would be much more appropriate to list it under tradeskill achievements.. that's where most/all past TS sig lines have been put.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  13. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Just wanted to take a moment to say thanks to you all for testing this, even with a short time frame! Your work is appreciated :)

(Hopefully this doesn't derail things too much, carry on!!)
    Niami DenMother likes this.
  14. Gninja Developer

The evac is fixed as of this today's update.
    Niami DenMother, Rosyposy and Finora like this.
  15. Finora Well-Known Member

Okay, so there are no indicators on the maps in Disease or Solusek's Tower as there were in the previous zones.

If one doesn't already know who Arlyxir is it requires a whole lot of poking around trying to figure out which door or clicky leads you to the right place. I didn't even know what Arlyxir was, let alone where his room was.

In disease, there is little indication of what you need to do either in the quest or on the map. Obviously at least one person figured it out and put it on the Wiki and a lot of other people are just following the wiki. People's ease in following the wiki shouldn't be the measure of the quest though.

I did like the texts for the Sol Tower part and you guys really out did yourselves in the disgust department for the disease part (as it should be for PoD). Just once again, don't assume all your crafters doing this quest have done the adventure parts and know who these people/monsters are.
  16. Chikkin Well-Known Member

so.. what is the plural of phoenix? :D

that ash gathering could use a wee more time to finish and a few more funnies

ashes to ashes.. dust to dust
    I feel a sneeze coming......
    Rosyposy and Finora like this.
  17. Dyeana Active Member

Part 4 - Dying should not cause materials which are no zone to vanish. You are still in zone.
    Kheldar, Rosyposy and Finora like this.
  18. Mermut Well-Known Member

Firing the incubation vessel (Sitch in Time 3) requires the player to do something, 4 times, that almost kills the player each time.
    Is it intended that crafters require a healer merc, healing potions or standing around for minutes between updates in order to progress a quest?
  19. Finora Well-Known Member

I was able to do this part on a ranger without taking damage. I did not look to see if it was because my safe fall was helping me out. (assuming I'm thinking of the same part as you are talking about).
  20. Alenna Well-Known Member

I don' not care if the time sink of 3-4 minutes per combine and reactive every tick is intended it needs to be taken down and time lessoned ot normal. This is not an engaging nor a challenging mechanic, the quest is already challenging enough with the agro mobs you don't not have to put a non challenging time sink carpal tunnel syndrome creating PITA in that is not engaging. Time sinks are not the way to make content last longer it only aggravates the player base with such an artificial mechanic.
    Pengana, Quillyne, Tkia and 6 others like this.