Stitch in Time

Discussion in 'Test Server Forum' started by Dyeana, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Dyeana Active Member

Comments so far for Stitch in Time.

The combines could be a little less brutal, A quarter to half the time required would still be in line.

If leave the zone, should be able to pickup where you left off , not delete the quest and start again. The zone needs to have a min time to reset. Like 1 1/2 hours for min time to reset, and 3 days for zone.. If progressed previously to the ghost, should be able to hail him to open the door back to the underground.

Should be more combine stations.

Remove the epic X2 from next to the circuitry, Should not have to use an EMD at this point. (I died 22 times before managing to get the circuitry without the EMD. Not obvious of the need for extra EMD.s.)

Dye
    Argosunited and Finora like this.
  2. Finora Well-Known Member

I only finished part one, so my comments pertain to that (Innovation zone).

The combines are mind-numbing. Slow combines do not equal challenge for crafters, they just are tedious. The only thing they challenged was my ability to multi-task (watching a TV show while doing the combines). Fast, lethal combines are much more of a challenge.

However, as of today I hear we can use mass production (which we couldn't last night when I tried), which makes it not so bad at all considering the number of EMDs one needs to complete the zone. Hopefully this is intended.

One absolutely should be able to zone out and come back without getting locked out of the area you have to be for the quest. I had to delete and start over last night as well. I agree the zone timer is far too short.

I also noticed last night that when I had to leave to get regular harvests, when I returned all the harvests for the EMD were missing.
  3. Dyeana Active Member

Comment, If delete the quest, EMD's should stay in you inventory, not be deleted, along with any materials gathered. I didn't like the deletion of all progress to this point when restarting the quest
    Dye
    Finora likes this.
  4. Fedd New Member

Concur on Dye's comments...
    50-55 periods per combine is just way too long. At this point ( level 100+) the normal number of periods is 2 - 4.

Having the zone collapse behind you if you leave prior to finishing the 2nd part of the quest is just plain rude. Died way too many times getting the parts for the bot. Died some more making the first 2 parts, ran out of coal and ported out to get more. Came back and cant get back in now?? Restart the quest?? Ridiculous. This is truly bordering on "showstopper" status.
  5. Gneaux Active Member

Yeah, and this is what they call, "making the tradeskill timeline "fun" ? Combines that take 20 minutes to complete, dying to epic monsters over and over again is NOT "fun", it annoying.

I haven't even gotten past giving the EMD's to Meldrath because between the bot standing in the corridor and the epic mob pathing in front of him I haven't been able to get past the first part of the first quest.
  6. Argosunited Well-Known Member

I wonder how much worse it was, when it wasn’t fun.
    Tkia, Rhodris, Zeddicious and 5 others like this.
  7. Gninja Developer

The door to enter the factory should now open if you are past that point and try to reenter. I have been unable to reproduce the harvesting nodes disappearing though. Can someone check it today and see if it's still happening. I don't see anything that would cause that.

I think a misconception on the EMDs is that they have to be very close to the monsters to work. They can be pretty far away and still disable bots.

As of today you also make 2 EMDs per combine and only 1 of each material harvested within the zone are used. I also reduced the number of normal harvests used a little bit.

As far as not being able to locate the Innovative Workstations... They are marked on the map. EZPZ
  8. Mejulie New Member

I enjoyed the quest line and found it fun.

The door locking is a bug as I understand it. That should be fixed.

The combines overall will hopefully be looked at for smoothness/time needed.
    Alenna and Mermut like this.
  9. Mejulie New Member

EMDs are now able to be mass produced, is that intended? I wasn't able to mass produce yesterday, but was able today on different character.

I liked this zone, once I found things and took time to work it out. Yesterday it took me almost full time to do the zone, today only 1h45m. I'll cut down the time as I run more crafters through.

Thank you for the changes. :)
  10. Gninja Developer

The max timer on the zone is now 3days instead of 180min.

I figured out what is causing the nodes to disappear finally but working on a fix for it.
    Finora and Mermut like this.
  11. Finora Well-Known Member

Excellent. I hadn't been able to get on to see if I could make them go poof again.
  12. Finora Well-Known Member

OH! I forgot to mention this one, though I did bug it in game.

If you are in Bastion of Thunder (Tradeskill) and evac, you will land in the raid version of the zone. You'll be in a 'safe' spot, but very much in the wrong zone.

That happened last night and again just now (I decided I'd test it again before posting here).
  13. Gninja Developer

We have that fixed for tomorrow. Saw it in reports this morning :)
    Finora likes this.
  14. Finora Well-Known Member

I might just be good at breaking this quest, but I can't get the harvests I need for the bastion of thunder lightning rods now.

Back story, after the slow combines and figuring stuff out last night, I decided that I needed at least 4 hours sleep so went to bed after picking up the part of the quest from Voorwhatsit.

I zone back in today and there were no metal nodes in the zone (the copper orbs and what not).

I went back and hailed the guy again and 6 aluminum orbs spawned near him but that was it.
  15. Gninja Developer

The orbs spawn around the various towers now not near the zone in area.
    Finora likes this.
  16. Mermut Well-Known Member

The crafted Tome is a dubious update to the Tome of the Ascended due to the loss of 10 fervor and 22 DC
    Quillyne likes this.
  17. Kuulei Well-Known Member

I suspect the timer fix is for some other patch day and wasn't today.
    What a waste of mats! I zone in and of course no timer shows up forever, so I think its "cool" to start the quest and I get busy making EMD's and start heading to Meldrath and using my emd's to make it safe and happen to check houw many HOURS I have left, only to see its still 3-HOUR timer and I screwed myself on a 3rd crafter!
    That's 3 crafters that have to start all over again! Starting with re-harvesting all my mats they LOST
  18. Dyeana Active Member

Eeeeks, I crafted a temper first, then a lightling, Now it says I need to craft another temper ..... And it won't even let me harvest anything to make the new one. Even tried with a new zone, and still not able to craft another temper. <<Sigh>> Guess I will try again in the morning
    Dye
  19. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

Stitch in Time Part 1: Security Measures

If you are partway through obtaining the 6 access codes when you have to start a new zone (failure, real life, etc), the journal thinks you are that same amount of partway through obtaining the 6 access codes, and only highlights the ones you are missing on the map and in the journal. However, if you pay attention to the journal, and return to the control center when it says, you can't turn any of the wheels for the true/false settings. You will need to remember where the ones you'd already done were and re-obtain the codes from them before the wheels will do more than an Examine option. (Had 4 done, 2 left to go on Niami, entered the new instance, did the two, went to the control room, then had to go back to the other 4 and then go back to the control room again.)
  20. Arieva Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly with this feedback. Whats with the trend of removing fervor on rewards? First the expac collection meta neck and now the replacement for the tome? Specifically on this reward I dont see myself replacing the old one item for it..please reconsider the lack of fervor or at the very least the lack of spell double.