Summer Etheral Runes

Discussion in 'Items and Equipment' started by Buco, Feb 6, 2018.

1. Buco Active Member

The items from the summer ethereal merchant Lakathen, The Traveler (e.g. orange class cloak runes and the fervor rune of mysteries) are still relevant in the current content.
    So there should be a way to obtain these items even if you don't have farmed enough etheral coins in the past.
    Many returning players and players who are forced to switch class / characters are blocked from obtaining these best in slot items. I don't ask to give the items out for free, but there should be definetly a way to obtain these items or the required coins to buy them, now.
    Easiest option would be to reenabled the summer ethereal coin rewards, or add an merchant were we can exchange current currency into summer ethereal coins. But I'am also open for other options.
    And I kindly ask everyone playing through the summer, not to be so selfish and tell everyone not being around during the summer "Though luck!". I respect that you put in a lot of effort, but it is not good for the game health preventing new players earning these items.
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Dannni Active Member

I agree for the health of the game there should be an improved system to obtain the ethereal orange adorns outside of the summer events. The current method of creating a character on isle of refuge and buying kronos to buy the currency off the broker, then having to wait 30 days and server transfer is not a perfect system.

The developers must want there to be actual game time tied to the creation of the currency, rather than making them purchasable with real world cash alone. Imagine the uproar of 'pay to win' complaints if the runes were purchasable directly from the marketplace. The question is, what is the perfect system? Its impossible to keep everyone happy. No matter what system the developers implement there will be those that are not happy.
  3. SteveB Active Member

Only the runes are relevant, the cloaks and belt are just wasted currency to get the adornment ;)
  4. Julesholland Active Member

fully agree with this, there should be a way to earn the runes in current content
  5. Gnomesandhairyfrogloks Active Member

at this point, they should be made available as craftable runes in the upcoming tradeskill signature questline
  6. Ahmassar Active Member

There has been countless posts about this, WTF isn't something being done? My alts are completely unplayable with the current heroic content without class runes etc.
  7. Drona Well-Known Member

Thats nonsense and you know it! I tanked most of the heroic content with all master crafted gear and bugger all runes or adorns let alone the summer ones! The heroic stuff is dead easy.

Having said that I too want a way to get the summer runes as they are nice to have and another means of progression.
  8. SteveB Active Member

Every char is playable without the summer runes, if you really want the jsut go IoR buy them and copy back. If the need or want to have them will is high enough you will do it witht he money and time consuming method - if not you do not need / want them it in the current setting and next summer is incoming soon anyway.
    To not get me wrong, I wanted them too, I did it and got them and since that is the only solution currently deal with it or make a suggestion thread like it should be ;)
    A real need to have them is not there, same for epic 2 - you can also play the game without doing any epic.
    Hint: Guess there is already a few of them or at least one of a suggestion thread to add the adornments.
  9. Buco Active Member

This is a suggestion thread if you read the opening post. And sorry but I disagree with every line you wrote.
    duckster and Kheldar like this.
  10. Leed Active Member

Yeah, that's one thing everybody can agree is true. Even if they brought the event back exactly as it was before you'd have somebody say 'But I don't want to do KA experts, can't you change it all to use current tokens', then they'd add that only to hear 'But I don't want to earn that many tokens, can't you lower the number of current tokens it takes?' and then when they give in on that you'd here 'I've done everything, I'm bored now, why no new content?'
  11. Ellimist Active Member

sooo..... you can still earn them. go play a toon on IoR. the ethereal event runs there forever.
  12. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Summer Ethereals will be back in, well, summer. We don't currently have plans to bring them back outside of that, but they will be back in general.
    Snikkety, Drona and SteveB like this.
  13. Vencido Member

While I'm grateful there's finally an answer on this topic, is there any way we could get a better explanation from someone on why this is?

I was lucky and returned last June, people essentially carried me to get my stuff done, but most players returned at the beginning of the xpac and are being told to wait from Nov to June to be able to catch up, it's really no surprise if they don't make it to the summer. We need more players more than anything, it just doesn't make sense not to have another way to get them, it benefits both parties
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Because this is how Summer Ethereal events have ALWAYS worked?
    Snikkety likes this.
  15. Vencido Member

Ignoring the fact that that's not a good reason to justify poor design... I don't even think it's accurate, as far as I remember only 2 years have had ethereal events based on coins. They used to be extremely rare item drops, and they didn't make or break classes like the class and 15 fervor runes do. I disco'd one of them in AoM so I'm almost positive coins have only been used for ToT/KA.. it's not logical for a game losing players to tell returning players they can only play at half the potential (in some cases) of other people of the same class. I won't even get into how catching up in Ascension spell upgrades from 1-10 is already impossible since that wasn't the point of my question though.
  16. zarobhr Member

Why cant they enable frostfell during the summer because i missed all my fluff gifts, those that arent hardcore adventures like our fluff items as well, and because i could not play during frostfell, i think i and all my alts of course should be entitled to it during the summer, and spring, and fall.
    (sarcasm off)
    just getting tired of all the whining on the forums becuase everyone thinks they are entitled to have everythig when they want it
    if you don't like the way DBG does things then don't play, and don't complain when you come back because you missed something you will not be missed
    Snikkety likes this.
  17. duckster Active Member

Seems quite blatant they want to funnel players into using IoR as the means to get these.

Since the inception of the summer event ethereals, there should have been an alternative to them with crafted items to allow players returning to the game to catch up. Even adding such recipes to the researchers that havent been looked at in some time would have been a nice addition.

Despite the disparity in the class runes(thats a different topic altogether), all of them are still very much BiS due to the stats they give. Returning players shouldn't be expected to pay real money to catch up on this particular slot and there should be a similar item in current content that allows relevant farming to mean something.

There are enough holes in itemisation(greater fragments/ascension spell scrolls to name but 2 ) without the need to do old content or transfer toons cross servers(this should only happen in event of trading rare items like spells imo).
  18. Ahmassar Active Member

LOL thats complete BS.. Of course every toon is playable but if you want to do decent numbers and/or not wipe the grp how is not 15 fervor rune + Class rune decisive for your performance?

19. Vencido Member

If you had read correctly you'd know I have my runes, I'm questioning the reasoning behind keeping them locked when they play such a large factor, not complaining about not getting them. I'm still waiting for why returning players should not be allowed to catch up. That's my whole concern, it doesn't make sense at all in my eyes.

Have you really never gone on vacation, or had something happen irl that took you away from the game even temporarily? Being gone for a month or 2 shouldn't limit your ability to play the game at the same level as others until the following summer. No one is asking for it to be handed to them for gracing us with their presence, just SOME way to obtain it.

And to clarify it's not meant to be nagging on the devs, I enjoy the game and want to see it succeed. That's all
  20. Drona Well-Known Member

Again complete nonsense :) You don't NEED those runes for heroic content, people are parsing well over 3 - 4 billion DPS in heroics without those runes! Those number are more decent for heroic content. You will not wipe a group without those runes.

If your DPS is not "decent" or you are wiping in heroic content, then let me suggest the issue is not those runes...

I want those runes too but lets not exaggerate the problem and look foolish in the process.