Captcha login?? >:-(

Discussion in 'Players Supporting Players' started by Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Before I do anything silly, like trust anyone with my credit card information ever again, I just want to verify (heh!) that The Powers have, indeed, finally gotten around to what they were threatening for so long: increased the login time by 2->10x as much by making us dance through stupid Captcha hoops. Not that it perhaps shouldn't've been done a long time ago, but it did come as kind of a shock. :-/

Did they only warn people on Discord? 'Cause I'm not seeing anything about it anywhere else: not email, not the Twit margins on the front forums page, etc.

If this ISN'T an official new thing now, I'd best log off quickly. :-/

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  2. Chikkin Well-Known Member

/shifty eyes
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone likes this.
  3. Kokorobosoi Active Member

i didn't see a warning on discord either. hmm
  4. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

Probably been on the list ever since that last occurrence of mass bot posting.
  5. Malleria Well-Known Member

Too little too late. Even the spam bots don't come to these forums anymore. You know you're bad when you can't even get bots :(
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone, Iglu and Rhodris like this.
  6. Errrorr An Actual EQ2 Player

There was one about 2 or 3 weeks ago that posted in every single unlocked thread in the announcement section. Was quite amusing to see.
  7. Malleria Well-Known Member

Hah, must've missed that one!
  8. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

No, no it wasn't... :-/

But I take it, it's not just me? Others have had to do the Captcha thing, too? Or is there something amiss with my credit card (checking my statement)... :-/

Uwk
  9. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

I had to do it, too. Probably a good idea, but very annoying. :cool:
  10. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Whew! Okay, that's reassuring. Thanks! :)

Either that, or we're both suspect... ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  11. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

And me - I had to do it as well.

It is what it is - not really annoying, just an extra step *shrug*
    Quillyne and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  12. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

True to both, but I'd've liked some warning. :-/

Oh well, I guess if they'd warned folks, the bad guys would know about it, too. ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  13. Meneltel Well-Known Member

Me three! And I hate them!
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  14. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Didn't quite realize it was coming either, but yup, Captcha is a thing now. We have to use it internally too and I miss being able to just slam the enter button for logins. :confused:
  15. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

You and me both! :-/

Well, after typing the user name and password, of course... ;->

Uwk
    Rosyposy likes this.
  16. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I couldn't even log in yesterday, the captcha thing kept saying validated and I had a green checkmark but when I hit the log in button it would say not validated, tried more than a dozen times on two different occasions. Just now it did the same thing twice before it actually let me log in.

Cyrrena

KAITHEEL FOR TRADESKILL/DECORATOR PERSON (in addition to events/holidays)

*runs off to place more fliers all around Norrath*
  17. Dude Well-Known Member

*Looks suspiciously at Cyrrena*

Maybe it knows something about you ... BOT!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:
    Cyrrena and Uwkete-of-Crushbone like this.
  18. Uwkete-of-Crushbone Well-Known Member

Or something else might be suspect? That's what I was worrying about. :-/

Uwk
  19. Xianthia Well-Known Member

After you enter the checkmark are you waiting a moment while it processes? if you click the login immediately it won't work. It's the only thing I can think that may explain not working for you.

Your issue made me wonder how do we report things like the login for forums not working? (early morning for me so brain may be missing some files :D )
    Uwkete-of-Crushbone and Rosyposy like this.
  20. Cyrrena Well-Known Member

I tried waiting up to 5 minutes, but after I finally got verified and stayed that way yesterday, it seems to let me in now, I wait a minute before trying.

Dude, you may be right to eye me suspiciously, I haven't been able to get Discord to let me see anything other than a blank greyish-black screen for more than 2 weeks and I never said anything to get banned. *looks all shifty like*

Cyrrena

KAITHEEL FOR TRADESKILL/DECORATOR PERSON (in addition to events/holidays)

*slips about in the shadows, creeping from object to object, while looking all shifty, hanging more notices for the KAITHEEL campaign*