Avatar of the sun, dps help for a temp?

Discussion in 'Zones and Populations' started by Silkmyst, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Silkmyst Active Member

Hi,
    Having a terrible time with this fight. Switched to all dragon DPS AA, pot is around 41k, Resolve 440.
    What seems to help most is the tome of ascended charm, but it's a 4 hour reuse. Appears, if I
    pay to get ascension spells higher, I could take it down (using etheralist).

Haven't tried using a two hander, would take a resolve hit. Using Clazka Ranger merc.

Any advice appreciated, profile is kizmet, server skyfire on EQ2U (if it's not still down).

Thank you!!
  2. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

Running my Templar through the sig line right now, with Matri Dut as a merc. Just ask a friend to come and dps.

Last night a kindly wizard from another guild came and turned my 30 minute nightmare expectations of PoD: Outbreak into a 10 min fun experience. (Even when he found out I was asking for help in the solo and not the heroic he actually wanted to do.) Still nice people out there, ask in public chat.

What dps is Clazka doing for you? Matri seems to be around 3 mill in the solo.
    The_Real_Wurm likes this.
  3. Mermut Well-Known Member

1) Resolve doesn't help in solos
    2) Auto-attack damage is mostly irrelevant, swapping to a 2-hander and losing a proc will lower your dps.
    3) merc damage is irrelevant (again) this expac. Find a merc that heals/cures if you're not a healer or one that buffs your dps
    4) What class is your toon? People will be able to provide more specific advice if we know more about your toon that is struggling.
  4. Silkmyst Active Member

Mermut,

Templar, and stats as above, profile Kizmet (skyfire) on eq2U (might be down). Did finish sig line, have PQ armor mostly and adorns from Panda, and some orange from PG solo.

Helpful to know that switching to 2 hander won't help. Maybe a dps buffing merc would be good then.

Got Avatar down to 27pct today, standing toe to toe, not jumping platforms, could be that is the issue too?

Thanks much,
    Silk
  5. Drona Well-Known Member

are you standing in the sun beams on those platforms?
  6. Silkmyst Active Member

Hi,
    Wasn't standing on the platforms at all, standing right on center platform. No sunbeams where showing up in solo, but I did
    just read somewhere that you get a buff from standing on the platform. :)
  7. Silkmyst Active Member

Postscript: Finally got him, standing on the ray of the sun was the trick for max dps (plus pulled out all the stops just in case). I turned up my gamma so I could more easily see the sun rays for jumping, but for some reason that round I got no knockbacks (kept sanctuary and aoe up jic), and my platform didn't blink! At least now I can do the weekly.

Thanks all,
    Silk
    The_Real_Wurm, Mermut and Rosyposy like this.
  8. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

1) True, and I wish our devs would really make that information clear and easy to find.

2) Also true.

3) My max level Claz with really good plat infused gear does quite a bit of damage to be honest. 100 million on average overland. With the hitpoint pool most mobs/named have in PoM instances its still not really enough though.

4) Templar... I really feel for them, I personally think they deserve a dps boost, other than that a great (and becoming rare to find) class.
  9. Hellfiren Well-Known Member

Hello all my pre writers have mantiont is right but they forgott a realy importenat thing to know.
    Leveling up on level 105-110 only by doing the signaline with the 3 times 50K faction isnt enough for being succesfull in solos.

The first thing to know is that the solo instances are a 1 to 1 coppy from the Heroic once, that why we get the
    Fount of Power Buff after finishing the first step on Legacy of Power.

This Spell boosts all stats based on your own stats up to Heroic Level to have a chance to stay damage and doing DPS.
    If this spell isnt casted you will have Epic fights because of no Damage done to the mobs and less HP.

So get your gear upgraded and higher your pot first, before trying to do Solos first time.
    The Gear from the First Island Chest is trash, better spend some platin on Broker and get master crafed 24 Resolve thats the best option for having a chance in PoP.

And last thing EQ2 is no solo game at all if you will ask for help in general chat or guild some nice people with good DPS would come and help, for example for my Warlock nearly every mob in Solo is a one hit if the script dont screw me by 100 times immun mob.
    If your a good equiped raider all solo stuff and some Heroic stuff si like a training room and walkthrough, we dont kill mobs we destroy them.

Helfiren
  10. Chrol Developer

1) Resolve doesn't help in solos
    Visible buff on every Solo and Duo NPC:

[IMG]
    CoLD MeTaL and Errrorr like this.
  11. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

While true, Chrol, brand new 'type' of package on the mobs, and never mentioned in any notes. brand new mechanic as far as I know, doublecast 'avoidance'. While ALL fan sites and every other item online says 'anything over 100 double cast is a waste', is now incorrect. sneaky.
  12. Mermut Well-Known Member

Resolve was of no value in solo/advanced solo zones last expac as well.. The resolve stuff is not new.
    As for the other? I think the DC avoidance is excessive given the lack of DC on PoP items besides cloaks and belts... but mechanics have been changing every expac.. and the stat targets with them
  13. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

Very true, but you still hear people saying that that aren't doing any damage and it must be because their resolve is too low in chat. They usually get sorted out by the rest of us rather quickly, but it goes to show people are not looking at the buff package info.
  14. Mermut Well-Known Member

Unfortunately there is nothing 'we' can do for people who don't read information in or out of game....
  15. CoLD MeTaL Well-Known Member

The potency hidden mitigation isn't listed in the buff, just saying. What else isn't listed?