Any Prereqs....?

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Zannya, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Zannya Member

Hi Guys... Are there going to be any PreReqs for the new TS timeline? Such as having completed the past ones at all or having any of the equipment from past timelines? Please give us a tip, so we can get on it and be ready... :) ty so much!!
  2. Niami DenMother Well-Known Member

There's no way of us knowing until such time as the TS sig line is ready to be tested. Until then, the devs really aren't posting, as they're busy working on it.
  3. Ucala Well-Known Member

I would think being 100 TS would be a pre req
  4. guard Active Member

i would say you properly need to have done ka ts and that as most of them do tend to follow on from the previous one
  5. Mermut Well-Known Member

Given that the adventure line has no pre-reqs.. and the in-the-works TS line is being made by the same set of people, I would hope that there will be no quest pre-reqs.
  6. guard Active Member

did you do the ka ts sig lots of old stuff was needed for it dont expect that to change hopefully i am wrong though
  7. Mermut Well-Known Member

I know ToT was required for KA TS sig line. But there were also lots of adventure pre-reqs for the KA adventure line. This time there are no pre-reqs for the PoP adventure line. Since there is no TS dev and the 'adventure devs' are doing the TS line, I'm hoping they'll apply the same 'no pre-reqs' to the TS line as well.

It won't affect me, personally, as all my toons HAVE done the KA TS line, but consistency between the treatment of TS and adventure would be nice.. especially since the TS line is coming out so late.. and TS in PoP is considerably.... inconsistent... with how TS has worked for the last several years.
    Tekka, Xianthia and Prissetta like this.
  8. guard Active Member

i agree with you mermut and do hope you don't need the previous content i will finally finish leveling crafting on my alts as i didn't bother in ka as couldn't be bothered to do all the old ts stuff as was bad enough doing epic 2 on alts (that's just me though i hate ts with a passion let alone doing content for ts that doesn't matter)
  9. Rhodris EQ2Wire Ninja

FIFY :D
    Quillyne likes this.
  10. ConcealFate Well-Known Member

Doubt there's going to even be any testing other than by the devs themselves at this point. I'm just going to guess that you'll just have to be 100 ts level.
  11. Mermut Well-Known Member

In the test forums, the devs did state that they -plan- to put the TS line on test or beta before it goes live. Hopefully they'll have time to actually do so.
  12. Gninja Developer

You need to be a 100 tradeskiller and own the current expac. That's it.
    Zannya, Soara2, Cyrrena and 7 others like this.
  13. Crilly New Member

Sweet thanks for the update.
  14. Meirril Well-Known Member

The TS quest lines have been rather inconsistent in requiring previous TS quests to be completed or not. Expansions like AoM didn't require previous quests to be done. KA required you to reach all the way back to ToV crafting quests to start the main signature quest and back to RoK crafting to get the main reward.

While long elaborate quests are fun, requiring every crafting toon to run through a ton of old quests is tedious. Fun enough to do once, not so much fun that everybody wants to run through the same experience 9+ times. Personally I'm glad to hear that PoP is going to be a clean break from previous quest series. Having to back flag a whole bunch of crafters is not fun.
  15. Griffson Member

That's good news for alt crafters... would be nice though if there was an extraspecial reward if you do have a lot of the old stuff - rewards longer-term grinders without penalizing those that want to start anew.
  16. Andric Member

presume its ok if your 110 trades skiller?
  17. Gninja Developer

Yes
  18. Zannya Member

I did do those, I like them very much and the items they give are very valuable. Cannot do without them. (well suppose we could, but who would want to right?) Just wish the xp in them would boost us abit toward 110 if we are already 100 when we do on alts that had not done it before new expansion.
  19. Zannya Member

Thank you for answering us Gninja. :)