Where can I find gamemaster to fix broken quest?

Discussion in 'Quests and Seasonal Events' started by Lulu, Jan 22, 2018.

1. Lulu New Member

The quest is "Gardening Goblin". At the second step, where I have to pick up a plant to receive "a strange harvest" I get "the strange harvest" into my bag but the quest did not update. It still wants me to "pick up a plant".
    The item in my bag cannot be placed back into my house. Moreover, I am afraid to delete the quest because there is no more goblin at my home, who had given this quest to me. The goblin disappeared together with plant. So if I delete the quest, nobody can give it to me again. Talking to Growf or relogging changes nothing.
    PLEASE HELP!!!
  2. Celan Active Member

... means exactly that.....
    You need to pick up the whole pot/plant you had put down prior in your house and take it with you to see Growf. As soon as you pick it up, your quest will update and tell you to go see Growf..
    And no worries, you'll get to keep it and once finished with this quest you can place it in your house again.
  3. Lulu New Member

I did exactly it. I picked up the whole pot/plant, so it disappeared in my room (together with goblin) and I found in my bags legendary item "a strange harvest". But the quest did not update! It still wants me to "pick up a plant"
    I did this quest before by my other 4 chars successfully, so I know what had to happen, but it hadn't
  4. Rosyposy Well-Known Member

You receive "a strange harvest" by clicking on the plant, not by picking it up. I don't know what to tell you otherwise... I've done the quest nearly a dozen times with no issues - just finished it on another toon within the last week or so.
  5. Carynn Well-Known Member

This might seem silly, but did you accidentally put it in the moving crate instead of picking it up? The right click options are sometimes spazzy.
  6. Lulu New Member

Carynn, no-no, picked up by right click. And the item appeared in my inventory.
  7. Lulu New Member

Carynn! Yes, now I noticed, that moving crate is in my house now. And I found the lost plant in it! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I was close to stop playing EQ2.
    But if we look at my situation from the side, the question appears; where are gamemasters? And can we get a help if a really broken quest occurs?
  8. The_Real_Wurm Well-Known Member

GM are definitely around, I've been helped by them more than once in the recent past.

all you need to do is type /petition in one of your chat windows... more information below.

https://www.everquest2.com/news/imported-eq2-enus-1879
    Kaitheel likes this.
  9. Noctew Active Member

GMs definitely still exist, but they no longer have the hybrid half tech support, half community manager role they used to have in the ancient past. They used to appear visibly in the world, sometimes announcing their presence to the server and jumping from petitioner to petitioner to help them or answer their questions. Now, they work behind the scenes, very rarely appearing on the server and fixing problem tickets when the player is logged off, mostly invisible and hidden behind the ticket system like in most major companies.

You will get help by /petition-ing, but you probably won't see a GM on the server.
    Prissetta likes this.
  10. Sigrdrifa EQ2 Wiki Author

If something's broken and you need help, put in a petition at https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Lateana and Rosyposy like this.